Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Best class for a F2P Player?

I want to get into the game, knowing that it requires alot of time to be successful without buying platinum, but I want to make sure i'm making the right decision about which class to choose on my first run on an android server. So, what class do you guys think I should start off with, that will give me the best experience as a free to play player, that doesn't plan to buy plat? I don't really have a set playstyle, so I can play any class no problem. Any feedback is great, thanks!

Re: Best class for a F2P Player?

Really depends on so many things. What clan will you join, will gear be easy to get, what server you'll play on, which classes are heavily played, does your server have a dominant clan, or is it like Epona where you can buy everything?
Perkamentus, lv 230 Full Doch Gul Ice Mage
Avanor, lv 220 Rogue
Silvos, lv 191 Ranger

Retired Chieftain now Clansman of Pegasus, Lugh.

Really depends on so many things. What clan will you join, will gear be easy to get, what server you'll play on, which classes are heavily played, does your server have a dominant clan, or is it like Epona where you can buy everything?
Well form my prior experience on Fingal, it's a pretty populated server with 1-3 powerhouse clans that help their members and a bunch of smaller clans that don't really do anything. Alot of DPS classes, mainly warrior ,ranger, and mage. It seemed like items were relatively easy to come by as long as you were attentive and had patience, and alot of the players themselves were pretty helpful. Other than that, not sure what else I can say about the server.

You can play whatever class you want for free. Its really the amount of time leveling thats different. Rogues are the fastest, druids the slowest. Warrior, Mage and Ranger are in between, but thats on average: with a good build and items every class can level up quickly.
Perkamentus, lv 230 Full Doch Gul Ice Mage
Avanor, lv 220 Rogue
Silvos, lv 191 Ranger

Retired Chieftain now Clansman of Pegasus, Lugh.

I'd honestly say that warrior is the best choice. Warriors can take in more dmg than every other class if done right while doing decent dps. It's all about where you put your stats and what gear you use. Warrior has always been a popular choice for free to play players. One thing that you should look into buying is sigils, they are essential for free to play players.
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

-You know a world transfer is legit when it is posted on the forums-
BOYMCLIR: AUTOPLAY HEROES, REVENGE OF BOB THE GOD

Mage.

Mages are the only class that don't need armor AND don't need lux to be effective. If you can't afford regen lux just use energy boost for energy regen and energy shield to nullify all damage up to a certain point making hp regen useless if you are smart with it. Using your points on these abilities hurt dps(as opposed to a luxed out mage), but you will not have to buy weapons, armor, lux, or lix. Truly the cheapest class. And when you obtain more gold it can easily be converted to be a high damaging full power mage.

Or be a merchant and you can be any class, with lux if you play your apples right.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

Mages need insane energy regeneration, so you wind up spending tons of points on energy well if you are poor. When you do that your dps hurts so bad everyone is motivated to buy sigils instead. By end game if you don't have 2-3k energy sigs you will be way behind. Also when mobs sneeze mages die - mages and rogues top the deaths leaderboard. If you use energy well, freeze and eshield you are no dps lol.

Warriors wind up taking damage and bandage wounds blows.

Str based rangers need the least energy of any class, while staying out of harms way most of the time. You will wind up needing fewer idols and plat items outside of hastes for locks end game.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|