Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Legacy boss - broom of doom

#31
Bringing back old event bosses, lux and drops were a mistake. CH lost one of its important perks, the fact that many items are limited edition and is treasured by players who like collecting. Its ridiculous getting 2011 goodies in 2017. What if you can get genuine brand new Picasso paintings today? Would reduce the value of existing ones no?

It was a lazy move. If OTM wants players to kill more bosses, just make new ones. Not ruin its entire hsitory.
Image


There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Re: Legacy boss - broom of doom

#32
Aileron wrote:Bringing back old event bosses, lux and drops were a mistake. CH lost one of its important perks, the fact that many items are limited edition and is treasured by players who like collecting. Its ridiculous getting 2011 goodies in 2017. What if you can get genuine brand new Picasso paintings today? Would reduce the value of existing ones no?

It was a lazy move. If OTM wants players to kill more bosses, just make new ones. Not ruin its entire hsitory.

Lol it was definitely not a mistake. The new lux shop was a great edition, only thing it needs is more slots or sperated into different tiered shops. Legacy bosses are tons of fun to kill, although I will admit that a few bosses are questionable, mainly the firetitan, Bonegiant, solstice drakes, weapon bosses and a few other legacy bosses that only drop collectible items. As much as I love killing them I think it would be best to make them the way they were pre legacy, extremely rare spawns. Change back all the bosses that used to be extremely rare spawns except Natan Athach/spawn and all the bats as they still can drop items worth using, and then also make the Firetitan and Bonegiant an extremely rare boss as well.
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

-You know a world transfer is legit when it is posted on the forums-

BOYMCLIR: AUTOPLAY HEROES, REVENGE OF BOB THE GOD

Re: Legacy boss - broom of doom

#33
I wasn't playing in 2012 so I don't feel I should have access to 2011-2012 items unless I'm prepared to pay through the nose for those limited time items. I get so annoyed at the tern "Legacy" and what it's meant for the game. Months later and I still hate this idea to its core. I really like Aileron's Picasso analogy, I'm a collector and I feel like everything has cheapened. I would have certainly bought items like Darkflame armour or a broom of doom for a pretty price BEFORE "legacy" happened. Rare spawn or not the legacy items are just not worth the same or mean the same thing anymore since anyone can happen upon them now. Can't say with certainty that you have one of the only two darkflame sets anymore. Where's the love for loyal customers? Too bad it's already implemented and the damage is irreversible. Just ugh.
Image

Re: Legacy boss - broom of doom

#34
^^ a wound may have already been inflicted, but there's still time to stop the bleeding before it bleeds out. That means there is still time to stop the flow of darkflame armor coming in before it is completely worthless. People on lugh at least are selling darkflame for a hefty price, but obviously not as big of a price as it was pre legacy. Same goes for all of the other old collectible items that are now apart of the legacy bosses
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

-You know a world transfer is legit when it is posted on the forums-

BOYMCLIR: AUTOPLAY HEROES, REVENGE OF BOB THE GOD

Re: Legacy boss - broom of doom

#36
Saw and read this post like last week I think and just laughed at the absurdity of a broom dropping. Has to be like a .0000001% chance. And then..... just now as I was doing an elite bounty for flame trolls on my alt in the mord pit I rolled up on a lonely Bone Giant. And being the nice guy I am, I killed him. And would you know... he was a nice guy and he gave me a broom!!! Not a broom of doom but still super amazingly awesome and I love it!!! Pics to come when I can figure out how the heck to post em!!!
Class/Level: Warrior Level 220 Full EDL; Rogue Level 185 Full DL
Character Name: redbones; purplebones
Character Mode: Tank; Dps
World: Epona; Epona
Playing Status: Active; Active
Clan: Clan Tank of Clan Immortality; Guardian of Clan Immortality

Re: Legacy boss - broom of doom

#37
redbones wrote:Saw and read this post like last week I think and just laughed at the absurdity of a broom dropping. Has to be like a .0000001% chance. And then..... just now as I was doing an elite bounty for flame trolls on my alt in the mord pit I rolled up on a lonely Bone Giant. And being the nice guy I am, I killed him. And would you know... he was a nice guy and he gave me a broom!!! Not a broom of doom but still super amazingly awesome and I love it!!! Pics to come when I can figure out how the heck to post em!!!

Perhaps you just got extremely lucky, it happens.
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

-You know a world transfer is legit when it is posted on the forums-

BOYMCLIR: AUTOPLAY HEROES, REVENGE OF BOB THE GOD

Re: Legacy boss - broom of doom

#38
This thread is turning into a presidential debate on who should of been president lol.

Here's the pros
New player expierence missed events. Will keep interest of new people.
Great way for current players to get previous gear as well. Completeing a set and etc.

Here's the cons
Value may decrease on CERTAIN items, not all.

A way to try to meet in the middle is to have a list of certain boss that can spawn in the spawn loop.
So start making a list people. Get your head out your ass, all of you.
HERNE AKA THE NEVER ENDING WAR SEVER.
TOONS: KILP [ 206]
ACTIVE





[CENTER]
Image
[/CENTER]

Re: Legacy boss - broom of doom

#39
Aerdou aka Klip wrote:Here's the pros
New player expierence missed events. Will keep interest of new people.
Great way for current players to get previous gear as well. Completeing a set and etc.

Here's the cons
Value may decrease on CERTAIN items, not all.

I disagree

Here's my view.

Pros:
Easy money for players
Extra stuff

Neutral:
More bosses to camp/check

Cons:
ALL LEGACY ITEMS DROPPED IN VALUE
Items lost meaning/purpose
Threw predictions/trust off balance

Not to mention it wasn't supposed to happen in the first place with some bosses, and the fact we had old bosses spawning before this...

Anyway I know I'll never win, wanna know why? 95%+ of people will be pro-legacy for the lux shop, free stuff(and therefore gold), silverweb/skain gear, and just to take the path of least resistance in general.

That and probably the entitlement argument. Legacy was something that no one knew about before because it didn't exist, so no one cared it didn't exist. Everyone was happy. Then this ''great'' suggestion comes along... Somehow it was accepted, then lo and behold a legacy boss post was made and that made it too. I can't wait to see what people will go after next, fashion? That would be harder for you because you'd have more resistance. The only reason lux won is because of endgame clans, and the only reason bosses won is because collectors are outnumbered.

Ok... Rant over so solution time.

Just make new bosses instead of ruining old ones. Add unique gear(armor/weapons) to the mix of the usual jewelry to add the old feel to it(should be useful though). Problem solved easy fix, everyone's happy.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 190 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Charcoal - 60 PvP Fire Auto-Mage
Keepin' it old school.

Re: Legacy boss - broom of doom

#40
Furyion wrote:
Aerdou aka Klip wrote:Here's the pros
New player expierence missed events. Will keep interest of new people.
Great way for current players to get previous gear as well. Completeing a set and etc.

Here's the cons
Value may decrease on CERTAIN items, not all.

I disagree

Here's my view.

Pros:
Easy money for players
Extra stuff

Neutral:
More bosses to camp/check

Cons:
ALL LEGACY ITEMS DROPPED IN VALUE
Items lost meaning/purpose
Threw predictions/trust off balance

Not to mention it wasn't supposed to happen in the first place with some bosses, and the fact we had old bosses spawning before this...

Anyway I know I'll never win, wanna know why? 95%+ of people will be pro-legacy for the lux shop, free stuff(and therefore gold), silverweb/skain gear, and just to take the path of least resistance in general.

That and probably the entitlement argument. Legacy was something that no one knew about before because it didn't exist, so no one cared it didn't exist. Everyone was happy. Then this ''great'' suggestion comes along... Somehow it was accepted, then lo and behold a legacy boss post was made and that made it too. I can't wait to see what people will go after next, fashion? That would be harder for you because you'd have more resistance. The only reason lux won is because of endgame clans, and the only reason bosses won is because collectors are outnumbered.

Ok... Rant over so solution time.

Just make new bosses instead of ruining old ones. Add unique gear(armor/weapons) to the mix of the usual jewelry to add the old feel to it(should be useful though). Problem solved easy fix, everyone's happy.


I agree. Seems like players want to cling to the past rather than have the game improve and move forwards. And OTM seem to be making bad decisions just to make a quick buck. Bringing legacy bosses and lux needed no development time so of course they chose that route. So here we are in 2017 still debating on 2011 items.
Image


There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dpackman11 and 23 guests