Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Game Dying?

#31
Iron Born wrote:
GhostlyBlaze15 wrote:Making a second ch is probably the worst idea I've ever heard... that will kill off all of the hard work each and every individual put into this game. Like I said before, it's never to late to make improvements unless if the product is 100% or close to being dead.


The game is going to sunset eventually, thats just the nature of these sort of games. OTM may as well begin preparing for the future. How much any player has put into this game is irrelevant and isnt going to change that. And after 5+ years no amount of "improvements" is going to draw the crowds back. At the moment all OTM is doing is trying to keep their heads above water, mount whistles are proof of that. They can either continue bailing water or start making a better boat.

Why even play if all you talk about is the down fall of this game? Otm has just gotten started with the good stuff and I'm excited to see what else they have in store for us in the future. This game has no room for Debbie downers like you
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

-You know a world transfer is legit when it is posted on the forums-

BOYMCLIR: AUTOPLAY HEROES, REVENGE OF BOB THE GOD

Re: Game Dying?

#32
Still going strong and still healthy.

We've had a "Game is dying" thread every couple of months for the past few years but I can reassure everyone we are not dying and plan to be here for many years to come.
Muldar /
Ranger - 172 - Balor - Android

Re: Game Dying?

#33
Epona is a nice server with nice people, but I love clan competition and that is really the only thing keeping me playing without it where's the challenge? I wouldn't want to be on a open server, or a one clan dominated server.
“In 900 years of time and space, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important”
— The Doctor, Season 6, Christmas Special

Gwydion
Rogue: FlameBlade21- 223+
Ranger: Ethain- 215+
Mage: Stump 211+

Epona
Rogue: Caliber 217+

Re: Game Dying?

#34
It would put an end to this conversation if OTM were to give population numbers-on the leaderboards, they track "active" clans, which means they can assess what toons are logging in. Why not post the same type of "active" rating for each server? Then the customer base will know if it is a good investment to spend our real money.
GroovyGus, (stalled @) 219 Warrior
Chief of the eternally clueless hodgepodge of noobs, Outliers
Rhiannon

Re: Game Dying?

#35
Gus in the Flesh wrote:It would put an end to this conversation if OTM were to give population numbers-on the leaderboards, they track "active" clans, which means they can assess what toons are logging in. Why not post the same type of "active" rating for each server? Then the customer base will know if it is a good investment to spend our real money.

The leaderboards show somewhat active people. If you haven't logged on for a certain amount of time you won't even show up on the leaderboards
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

-You know a world transfer is legit when it is posted on the forums-

BOYMCLIR: AUTOPLAY HEROES, REVENGE OF BOB THE GOD

Re: Game Dying?

#36
Well, I remember on Lir and Balor the castle used to be literally FULL TO THE BRIM on the daily, and now (obviously lir is a dying server) there is noone even on, the clan i used to be in seems to be nonexistent, and on balor people are moving to donn and fingal so it does seem something is wrong, whether it's the player base or OTM i don't know. for one thing, I do agree that the whole token system kinda takes the fun out of opening 100 chests and trying to get that rare 100% or some awesome 1500 plat prize :)
Shadow Lord of Rhiannon!
I make Dank Memes
Harambe will live
Need help with switching to DPS build. Someone halp :P
Image

Image

Re: Game Dying?

#37
GhostlyBlaze15 wrote:
Gus in the Flesh wrote:It would put an end to this conversation if OTM were to give population numbers-on the leaderboards, they track "active" clans, which means they can assess what toons are logging in. Why not post the same type of "active" rating for each server? Then the customer base will know if it is a good investment to spend our real money.

The leaderboards show somewhat active people. If you haven't logged on for a certain amount of time you won't even show up on the leaderboards


So? Still dont see how gus's idea is a bad one. Players are looking for active servers, so if players dont show up on the leaderboards then it only helps determine new players to decide which server is active enough for them.
[CENTER]
Image
[/CENTER]

Re: Game Dying?

#38
paggasquid wrote:
GhostlyBlaze15 wrote:
Gus in the Flesh wrote:It would put an end to this conversation if OTM were to give population numbers-on the leaderboards, they track "active" clans, which means they can assess what toons are logging in. Why not post the same type of "active" rating for each server? Then the customer base will know if it is a good investment to spend our real money.

The leaderboards show somewhat active people. If you haven't logged on for a certain amount of time you won't even show up on the leaderboards


So? Still dont see how gus's idea is a bad one. Players are looking for active servers, so if players dont show up on the leaderboards then it only helps determine new players to decide which server is active enough for them.

Never said it was a bad idea, I was just saying that leaderboards filter out players that haven't logged on in a certain amount of time
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

-You know a world transfer is legit when it is posted on the forums-

BOYMCLIR: AUTOPLAY HEROES, REVENGE OF BOB THE GOD

Re: Game Dying?

#39
Probably just your server.. or you got to the point where you just need a month long break from the game. A while ago I hated it.. now it's great
Image

Re: Game Dying?

#40
GhostlyBlaze15 wrote:
Iron Born wrote:
GhostlyBlaze15 wrote:Making a second ch is probably the worst idea I've ever heard... that will kill off all of the hard work each and every individual put into this game. Like I said before, it's never to late to make improvements unless if the product is 100% or close to being dead.


The game is going to sunset eventually, thats just the nature of these sort of games. OTM may as well begin preparing for the future. How much any player has put into this game is irrelevant and isnt going to change that. And after 5+ years no amount of "improvements" is going to draw the crowds back. At the moment all OTM is doing is trying to keep their heads above water, mount whistles are proof of that. They can either continue bailing water or start making a better boat.

Why even play if all you talk about is the down fall of this game? Otm has just gotten started with the good stuff and I'm excited to see what else they have in store for us in the future. This game has no room for Debbie downers like you


I wouldn't say I'm a downer, just a realist. And actually myself and a handful of clannies are taking a hiatus from the game. My clan is a multi-game group. So as far as CH goes we're just sitting back and seeing if it improves or continues to degrade. We can't in good conscious continue supporting things such as mount whistles and such. We have seen this downhill progression before in a few games and have decided its time to move on, at least for now. So good luck to you.
Black Company of Taranis

Mercenaries don't care about sides or politics, they care about getting paid.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests