Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Game Dying?

I was just saying that leaderboards filter out players that haven't logged on in a certain amount of time
Its incredibly broken.
Some people are removed after a week, some after a month, and some I've seen have stayed up for half a year or more.

Their algorithm only counts logins, which is an incredibly irrelevant and misleading statistic.
If I literally log in for 1 second per week, the leaderboards would mark me as active.

Activitity is not amount of logins, its amount of time spent in game per session.

The company is very bad at doing things right, and even worse at redoing the things they got wrong.
PM me and I will do my best to help you with whatever you need.

otm should have made only around 4 iOS worlds instead of 12. Lesser problem with inactive server.
Should have an admin looking out for each server to be able to solve issues

otm should have made only around 4 iOS worlds instead of 12. Lesser problem with inactive server.
Couldn't agree more, i think if the amount of worlds shrunk the player base as a whole would increase. Less people would quit due to inactivity and an unwillingness to restart on another world.

Couldn't agree more, i think if the amount of worlds shrunk the player base as a whole would increase. Less people would quit due to inactivity and an unwillingness to restart on another world.
More would likely quit due to overcrowding. CH doesn't have enough content to accommodate double a worlds population size, much less 4x.

And the way quests, leveling spots and boss drops are designed, CH keeps growth as low as possible. Just imagine how many players still need their snorri crowns or edl offhands, then multiple that by whatever. or if clans can make 4-5 DG sets a year, and there were 1000 players in a server waiting for DG, it would take 200 years to give them all a set. Right now it just takes 8 years to equip a clan of 40 lol.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

This has been my biggest issue with CH for years.
Ever since the Carrow update hit there just seems to be more and more people stuck in a bottleneck caused by abysmal camp and collect quests that are not only very time consuming but also quite luck dependant.
I really don't see the issue with grinding or grind and collect quests for armour and weapon quests. This would allow every player to work towards their armour and weapons at their own pace and whatever time they can play regardless of a boss being due or not.
Characters (In order of creation)

Nigel-rogue
Gettafix-druid
MaidMarrion-ranger
BrianBlessed-warrior
NoelEdmonds-mage

Ive been saying for years the class specific quest drop system causes serious issues. We have 8 gazillion blue crowns and 2 purple. If otm simply made a vendor to trade colors, you would have many rogues and rangers that quit out of frustration after waiting through 75 green bear drops on Stonelord, actually be rewarded for camping. For those of us who are adults, asking us to wait a few months for gear we are working on is reasonable; for a 14 yr old thats a not gonna happen. OTM made things difficult in a hope that forcing people to play longer would mean regular streams of plat sales; what they lost is the scores of new players who would buy to level bc they know there is hope of advancing. Save your business, OTM, and make the game easier for people to get geared.

And pls don't listen to the "I had to walk both ways, uphill in the snow-so they should too" crowd- they are as much to blame as OTM
GroovyGus, (stalled @) 219 Warrior
Chief of the eternally clueless hodgepodge of noobs, Outliers
Rhiannon

Now that i think about it, you guys are right in the sense that overcrowding would be a huge issue. I recently leveled up a fresh ranger toon from level 1-100 and it has been hellish. Constantly waiting for people to finish their bounties and item gathering quests so that i can complete it in peace. It's been a real pain. I just wish there was some way for people to interact with members of other worlds. There's a lot of interesting people in other worlds i'd like to hang out with, it would make this game a lot more social which is pleasing to a large number of the player base. However i feel that OTM are taking the right steps with ideas like the auction hosue which i keep mentioning (because i've been waiting for this for about 4 years when i first saw a suggestion about it).

If servers were to merge overcrowding would be a huge issue. Otm needs to make more areas and alternative leveling zones before even thinking about server merging.
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

-You know a world transfer is legit when it is posted on the forums-
BOYMCLIR: AUTOPLAY HEROES, REVENGE OF BOB THE GOD

Ive been saying for years the class specific quest drop system causes serious issues. We have 8 gazillion blue crowns and 2 purple.
a solution is also to balance the mage ans druid classes ^^ it would allow to have as much rogue as mage and druid

Mage ftw

This has been my biggest issue with CH for years.
Ever since the Carrow update hit there just seems to be more and more people stuck in a bottleneck caused by abysmal camp and collect quests that are not only very time consuming but also quite luck dependant.
I really don't see the issue with grinding or grind and collect quests for armour and weapon quests. This would allow every player to work towards their armour and weapons at their own pace and whatever time they can play regardless of a boss being due or not.
huge +1 :)

Mage ftw