Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Mage vs Rogue dps

Who gives higher dps Mage of Rogue?... I have a 89 Rogue and with sneaky attack and assassinate along with SS and quick attqck his dmg output is insane and I have a lvl 75 mage and he seems like he couldn't compare to my Rogue even if they were the same level... like would ice shards get anywhere close to the dmg I can do with sneaky attack? (I'm an ice Mage btw)

Thank you very much for your advice and input in advance

Re: Mage vs Rogue dps

Mages will do great at lower level, because if the build is right, they will kill fast. Their "strength" will decrease immensely when at endgame bosses due to massive resists etc. Rogues and Rangers are the dps classes when endgame.
Perkamentus, lv 230 Full Doch Gul Ice Mage
Avanor, lv 220 Rogue
Silvos, lv 191 Ranger

Retired Chieftain now Clansman of Pegasus, Lugh.

How I always explain it to new people in lugh when they ask this question:

Mages are usually better for most event/legacy bosses, due to low resists.

On raid bosses(except aggy which isnt really a raid anymore), rogues/rangers have an advantage due to immense elemental resists.

With cd items and hitting dummies I think mages can comepete just fine with rogues and rangers. Resists make rogues/rangers have an advantage at end-game.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

How I always explain it to new people in lugh when they ask this question:

Mages are usually better for most event/legacy bosses, due to low resists.

On raid bosses(except aggy which isnt really a raid anymore), rogues/rangers have an advantage due to immense elemental resists.

With cd items and hitting dummies I think mages can comepete just fine with rogues and rangers. Resists make rogues/rangers have an advantage at end-game.
All of the above is true, but mages are always an essential class for any boss.

It has an edge over other classes on most event bosses like you've mentioned.

It's maxed out lures are always needed at proteus.

It's lures and elemental damage is key for crystals and gelebron.

It's offhand DL/EDL book skill greatly helps on spirits at necro.

Ice Mage will outgun any other class on revenant (210) and cragskor (205), bosses which you will keep on coming back to kill.

Mages are generally always needed on everything because their lures quicken any kill. It's the most useful endgame class. The game isn't all about dps anymore.
Wattzon of Sulis