Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

The great mount purge of 2016

Has it begun on your server? Its started on mine. Farcrag is full of people trying to sell off their mounts. Ive seen 85% unicorns for as low as 350k. The only thing is they aren't actually selling. The mounted combat system apparently has yet another major fault... its devaluing players existing mounts. Many players are simply trying to get something, anything at all from them in order to purchase mount tokens during the next update. People are expecting token prices to be anywhere from 200-300k gold each. The update isnt even here yet and its already making older mounts obsolete. Its sort of sad to watch.
Black Company of Taranis

Mercenaries don't care about sides or politics, they care about getting paid.

Re: The great mount purge of 2016

Hasn't even slightly started on mine...
I have no idea why you'd sell your old mounts anyway, unless you enjoy having to go back to castle or using a mount whistle every time you die....
LordOfDiablos: 228 Support Rogue
HealerOfEvil: 180 Support Druid
ButcherOfEvil: 180 Tank Warrior
Proud General of Enigma!
'Lord, you look like a gay detective moose' Limbro, 2015

Hasn't even slightly started on mine...
I have no idea why you'd sell your old mounts anyway, unless you enjoy having to go back to castle or using a mount whistle every time you die....
It's the people that weren't in the beta that probably don't quite understand that there isn't anything special about the new mounts. Only real difference is that you don't have to hotbar between your mount and weapons. If the prices of mount tokens will truly be crazily over priced then it is way cheaper to just buy a regular 100% mount than trying to go for the 109%. 9% speed difference isn't even that much of a difference lol
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

-You know a world transfer is legit when it is posted on the forums-
BOYMCLIR: AUTOPLAY HEROES, REVENGE OF BOB THE GOD

Not happening on my server. Wish it would then I'd buy a bunch of mounts.

I don't get it. Although it'd be cool to have my main and offhand equipped with my yellow yule wings, it's not worth it to try and collect tokens or spend plat on chests to sit on a mount at bosses. Been rocking 85 speed for awhile now and will gladly continue to
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

The new mounts are 100%+ for the top tier. Now rangers can bola far more effectively. The damage skill, which is quite good, will now be necessary for locking battles. Racing to get to lock battles, a necessity on many worlds will now be won by these new mount owners which are the fastest ever in longer races. They look cool.

So basically due to these reasons all previous mounts are less in demand, it's easy to see how a market crash can happen.

On my world it's not that bad but already I've seen people selling mounts at half the price of two months ago, many don't even sell.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

These new mounts are pretty op, so I guess it makes sense to throw in whistles to counter the op state of the battlemounts. I actually like what otm did with the mounts as it still makes old mounts useful
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

-You know a world transfer is legit when it is posted on the forums-
BOYMCLIR: AUTOPLAY HEROES, REVENGE OF BOB THE GOD

New mounts are over 100% speed. 109% I believe. If you REALLY want to get somewhere fast the new mounts are the only way to go. Its like comparing a mini van to a Ferrari. Also if you die it only costs 200g to restore or the use of a cheap idol. Old mounts have effectively been rendered obsolete. OTM didnt have to make it that way, they could have patched coding in for older mounts to join the new combat system. They chose not to.
Black Company of Taranis

Mercenaries don't care about sides or politics, they care about getting paid.