Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Server Downtime - 2PM GMT (08/12) - Server Maintenance

Here is something I have a slight issue with,

Some of us take a break from what we are doing to allow time for raids following resets and maintenance like what is happening now. You are being very broad and unspecific about the actual work you guys are doing, although I understand that is not in fact your job and that you focus more on the forums.

However, it has been a few times already where you guys have gone far beyond the time you claimed it would take to get the servers back up (1hour and 32 minutes exactly). All this time I have been sitting alone just waiting for something to happen, and once again you guys need more time.

I know this is a hard issue to fix but it can't keep happening all the time... :/

Once again, I respect all the work you do for this community, but it doesnt make sense to have to wait all this time because of how uncertain your resets are.
As mentioned in the original post this server reset is not being handled by ourselves but by our hosts in the US, this delay has no influence by ourselves.

The initial work was for firmware and driver updates but has unexpectedly ran into unforeseen issues causing these extra delays.

Our hosts are looking into these issues and have assured us they will resolve the problem asap.

Rest assured when we have further information we will let the community know.

Here is something I have a slight issue with,

Some of us take a break from what we are doing to allow time for raids following resets and maintenance like what is happening now. You are being very broad and unspecific about the actual work you guys are doing, although I understand that is not in fact your job and that you focus more on the forums.

However, it has been a few times already where you guys have gone far beyond the time you claimed it would take to get the servers back up (1hour and 32 minutes exactly). All this time I have been sitting alone just waiting for something to happen, and once again you guys need more time.

I know this is a hard issue to fix but it can't keep happening all the time... :/

Once again, I respect all the work you do for this community, but it doesnt make sense to have to wait all this time because of how uncertain your resets are.

All I can do is LOL about this.

Have you ever done server maintenance? Can you guarantee that it goes flawless all the time? Probably can't. In most professions, you run into snags even during "routine" type maintenance. I do landscaping during the summer as a second job. I went to this ladies house for some routine sprinkler repair (replacing a couple of broken heads), which is usually about a 30 second job per head depending on if it's just a clogged filter, or if it's a broken piece. A job which should have been about 15 minutes turned into about 3 hours. Not because I wanted more money, but because what was a problem that she thought was only on the surface, turned out to be about 3 broken heads at the line which needed replaced, another sprinkler head that had a split line which caused a sod island to form and a sprinkler box that no longer worked. Sometimes crap happens. Even a small job can turn into hours.

Be grateful that they do semi-regular maintenance as opposed to a once every other month type thing and then the servers are down all day. I'm sure a lot of people would go into withdrawals. You're not the only one who has "taken a break" in anticipation for the reset to happen and raid bosses to be up. Things come up that need fixed or it takes longer. Deal with it. There are other things more important to life than sitting around for hours waiting for servers to pop back up in order to have a shot at winning some pixels.

Re: Patch Notes – Lancers of Lir Update

I see no respect for players and this is not the first time, your timers are always too early or too late, there's no in between.. when u say servers will be down for roughly two hours I expect to be back in game in 2 hours or maybe in 2 hours 10 minutes max, now it's been 3 hours 22 minutes and all players been waiting for more than an hour and still no idea How long it's gonna take to be back in game, due to different time zones some had to set alarms to wake up others had to take a break to log and help their clans.. This is unacceptable.. Please respect our time and stop wasting it .. Thanks
- CONCORDIIA - DONN -
Caercyn ivory, Mage 232
Aka bowjob, ranger 228
Roguey balboa, rogue 190
Shift happens, druid 164
Hans0l0, rogue 154

Re: Patch Notes – Lancers of Lir Update

I see no respect for players and this is not the first time, your timers are always too early or too late, there's no in between.. when u say servers will be down for roughly two hours I expect to be back in game in 2 hours or maybe in 2 hours 10 minutes max, now it's been 3 hours 22 minutes and all players been waiting for more than an hour and still no idea How long it's gonna take to be back in game, due to different time zones some had to set alarms to wake up others had to take a break to log and help their clans.. This is unacceptable.. Please respect our time and stop wasting it .. Thanks
As mentioned in the original post this server reset is not being handled by ourselves but by our hosts in the US, this delay has no influence by ourselves.

The initial work was for firmware and driver updates but has unexpectedly ran into unforeseen issues causing these extra delays.

Our hosts are looking into these issues and have assured us they will resolve the problem asap.

Make em give you a free RAM upgrade for the inconvenience ;)
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

If people are so butt hurt about this taking longer than usual, you might want to take a look at your life and re-prioritize things. Having your life/daily schedule revolve around pixels is pretty ridiculous. So you miss a couple of boss spawns, is the world gonna end? No. Put on your big kid pants and get over it.

You're only wasting your own time by hovering over your device waiting for your world to pop back up.

Here's a suggestion, why not tell us that server maintenance will take 15+ hours, then, when you know servers are ready, announce that due to hard work by yourselves, you have cut it down to (x) hours( hoping it's less then 15 hours):) everybody wins! :lol:
Pibe Warrior lvl 230 (Proud General of Syndicate)
Piperdude Rogue lvl 125
Pibesdruid Druid lvl 121
Purplepiper Ranger lvl 87

Here's a suggestion, why not tell us that server maintenance will take 15+ hours, then, when you know servers are ready, announce that due to hard work by yourselves, you have cut it down to (x) hours( hoping it's less then 15 hours):) everybody wins! :lol:
Bro.. you are GOD!