Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

What and why?...

Why does this mob exist, why is it so rare, and why does it spawn in different spots? Also, what is she supposed to be?!
Attachments
IMG_1216.JPG
IMG_1216.JPG (98.98 KiB) Viewed 2566 times
LordOfDiablos: 228 Support Rogue
HealerOfEvil: 180 Support Druid
ButcherOfEvil: 180 Tank Warrior
Proud General of Enigma!
'Lord, you look like a gay detective moose' Limbro, 2015

Re: What and why?...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baobhan_sith
Back in the early game there was a lot of focus placed on following the Celtic mythology theme. Unfortunately this theme was somewhat killed with the Dragonfire update, but it is thankfully making a return with these new questlines.

This mob was used to drop the rare gems which were required for upgrading the warden weapon to meteoric. Now she sadly just drops pages.

She has two spawns: one to the south of Chillmist and one to the south-west of Fellfire. She also likes to walk a lot.

Other similar mobs: Vedranox, Skydancer, (the blue whisp I dont remember the name of), Otherworld Harbringer, Crystalhorn. They all dropped rare gems.
The Otherworld (Annwfyn, pronounced a-new-fin) is a very major part of Celtic mythology and is referenced in almost every piece of literature on the subject. The creatures and people from the Otherworld often had mystical powers and came to the mortal world to interact with heroes.

If there is any interest, you should read the Mabinogion. It provides a pretty good sense of what the stories were like back in the day and you can relate many game aspects to parts of the tales.
Unfortunately, the tireless and near impossible work required to become powerful in Celtic Heroes is not a theme that can be found in Celtic Mythology. Usually goals were clearly defined and things were accomplished in "a year to the day" not "keep questing and killing and just hope you get good loot".
PM me and I will do my best to help you with whatever you need.

Why does this mob exist, why is it so rare, and why does it spawn in different spots? Also, what is she supposed to be?!
You noob. Lvl 223 and noticing it now, gg. Lordy.. xD
Miranda27, The Ginger-Rogue of Epona
Lady Athena <3
Goddess Brigid <3
LordyxLim
Lowkey likes sucking souls
"Mir sucks souls way better than me" - Frid

You noob. Lvl 223 and noticing it now, gg. Lordy.. xD
Shhhhh, don't be rude. You're rude enough in game and on wechat :cry:
LordOfDiablos: 228 Support Rogue
HealerOfEvil: 180 Support Druid
ButcherOfEvil: 180 Tank Warrior
Proud General of Enigma!
'Lord, you look like a gay detective moose' Limbro, 2015

It also dropped armor pieces even way back right?
No, the ancient weapons dropped from Atrisal and the uncommon 4 stars like shimmering whisps, emberhoofs (I think those are the names), frostroot elders.

Although Sidhe may have also dropped the weapons. The three 5* whisps I mentioned exclusively dropped gems, but with Sidhe and Otherworld Harbringer I'm not 100% sure. Think sure they dropped both.
Last edited by Jake on Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
PM me and I will do my best to help you with whatever you need.

No, the ancient weapons dropped from Atrisal and the uncommon 4 stars like shimmering whisps, emberhoofs (I think those are the names), bloodgrove masters.

Although Sidhe may have also dropped the weapons. The other gem droppers I mentioned exclusively dropped gems, but with Sidhe I'm not 100% sure.
Any 5* mob in SV back in the day could drop ancient weapons and offhands.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

No, the ancient weapons dropped from Atrisal and the uncommon 4 stars like shimmering whisps, emberhoofs (I think those are the names), bloodgrove masters.

Although Sidhe may have also dropped the weapons. The other gem droppers I mentioned exclusively dropped gems, but with Sidhe I'm not 100% sure.
Any 5* mob in SV back in the day could drop ancient weapons and offhands.
Frostroot elders I thought were the only mobs that dropped Ancient weapons
Level 210+ Warrior, Lugh

-You know a world transfer is legit when it is posted on the forums-
BOYMCLIR: AUTOPLAY HEROES, REVENGE OF BOB THE GOD

Otherworlders, Baobhan SIdhe, even the red unicorn did. I got plenty of them from all.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.