Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Patch Notes - Tides of Fate Update

Hey Heroes,

Just a quick post with the patch notes for the Tides of Fate update!

Probably going to be one or two things forgotten as we added / changed so many things in this update but hopefully it covers all the major bases.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patch Notes – Fishing Update

General
- Fishing has arrived in Dal Riata! Heroes over Level 10 can speak with the Old Seafarer by the newly revamped Lir’s Pier to get started.
- Farcrag Castle has received a grand makeover! Heroes who are lost should speak with Fergal the Noisy in Farcrag Castle Courtyard for directions around the castle.
- All leystones within Farcrag Castle are now marked as free travel, allowing you to return to any leystone in the castle while laden with treasure from your adventures.
- Mystery Chests now drop Fashion Tokens that can be redeemed through vendors in Farcrag Castle. Over time the vendors will have new fashions added to them. There are currently two new fashions available from the vendors, Sacred Watch and Rodair.
- The drop rate of Hunters Boon and Hunters Prize from bounty quests has been increased.
- The cooldown on the Druid and Mage EDL offhand reduced to 90 seconds.
- Renauld Legacy Lux Vendor, a trader of long lost wares.
- There has never been a way to get into Dunskeig Sewers from Farcrag Castle. Anyone who claims otherwise is a part of the Blackstone Cabal, and a traitor.

Abilities
- Four new abilities have been added to the game: Critical Hit, Critical Skill, Scholar and Treasure Hunter. Heroes wishing to learn these abilities should explore Farcrag Castle to find those who would be willing to impart their knowledge on the subjects.
- Quests for Wolf/Bear Taming abilities have been added to Druid Robena in Farcrag Castle.

Pets
- Two new types of pet have been added to the game. Heroes can exchange Pet Tokens to Sedric the Pet Vendor in Farcrag Castle for Wolf pets. Heroes wishing to acquire a Bear pet must seek out Grizzly McAdams at the pier in Highshore Village, who will start Heroes on the path to earning a Bear pet of their very own.

Bosses
- Many Legacy Bosses from across time have been permanently reintroduced to the lands of Dal Riata! These bosses can be rarely sighted in Stonevale, the Otherworld, the Murky Vaults and Carrowmore Tunnels. Keep your eyes peeled on your travels!
- Proteus Base now has a chance to drop Conflux of Pureness.
- Emberdrake, Frostiron and Silverweb rings from previous event bosses are now no longer Bind on Equip.

Quests
- Seasonal Beltane bounties have become active through the Bounty Board! Take up arms to fight back the Rockhide menace across Dal Riata, or help Lord MacLir’s alchemists gather Sunfire, Skyforth and Moonfrost blooms to create potent potions!
- The questing experience in Shalemont Ravine has been improved with the addition of new quests (including daily and instant repeatable) to ease the levelling process. Heroes who have received the Signet of Lir can speak to Loremaster Sara to start divining the plans of the Connacht forces in the area…
- The main questline has been expanded into the mystical realm of the Otherworld. Interested heroes should speak with Arbiter Kester, found beyond the Otherworld portal.
- Many quests involving Farcrag Castle have been slightly altered to accommodate its changed appearance and layout.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that is everything (Besides the changes in the recent server restarts but they already have announcement posts)

Cheers

Re: Patch Notes - Tides of Fate Update

Any chance at a further buff to mage offhand, or perhaps a way to add divine damage to skills when dl/edl set bonus is active? If you do the math the mage offhand is still terrible compared to rogue and range. A 5k damage hit is no longer a "nuke", that's less than a crit hit on a ranger double shot on endgame bosses. On a fully lured necro or prot I do like 1.2k dmg per skill (out of 9k) which again is less than a ranger auto that hits every 1.5 secs on average. As the best geared mage on my world and quickswapping 6+ items I still lose to the 10th best ranger in my clan while he afk autos without an edl quiver.
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs

Any chance at a further buff to mage offhand, or perhaps a way to add divine damage to skills when dl/edl set bonus is active? If you do the math the mage offhand is still terrible compared to rogue and range. A 5k damage hit is no longer a "nuke", that's less than a crit hit on a ranger double shot on endgame bosses. On a fully lured necro or prot I do like 1.2k dmg per skill (out of 9k) which again is less than a ranger auto that hits every 1.5 secs on average. As the best geared mage on my world and quickswapping 6+ items I still lose to the 10th best ranger in my clan while he afk autos without an edl quiver.
+1 to edl skill buff and general boost to mages, decreasing elemental resists on raid bosses across the board and increasing their hp would be a good compromise, like decrease resistances 10% and increase hp 15-20%

Edit: Also tyvm for posting an overview/general patch notes. Even if there are no specific numbers, its still much better than what we usually get
Washed up Epona rogue that doesn't play
225 Rogue Toothpick
215 Warrior Anubis

Do "all" Mystery chests have a chance to drop fashion tokens? There are Soltice mystery chests and then Celtic mystery chests as well.

Also where are Lord Maclirs alchemists? I've looked around and can't seem to find them.
Black Company of Taranis

Mercenaries don't care about sides or politics, they care about getting paid.

Do "all" Mystery chests have a chance to drop fashion tokens? There are Soltice mystery chests and then Celtic mystery chests as well.

Also where are Lord Maclirs alchemists? I've looked around and can't seem to find them.
No, only the main update chests contain fashion tokens.

Hidden in the depths of the castle ;)

(It is quest fluff text)