Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Fishing

#11
incognitox wrote:To add, I have gotten complaints of how if I am grouped with another person, my level affects their experience gain, not allowing them to get any experience at all even from the docks. In my opinion being grouped for fishing shouldn't affect experience gain at all. I don't like fishing alone.



I remember from beta that if you were in a group at all, you wouldn't get any xp, regardless of where the group member(s) are. I think it was a bug, and supposed to be fixed. Did you make a post in the bug reports or PM an Admin?
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can occasionally find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: Fishing

#12
Guthix123 wrote:
incognitox wrote:To add, I have gotten complaints of how if I am grouped with another person, my level affects their experience gain, not allowing them to get any experience at all even from the docks. In my opinion being grouped for fishing shouldn't affect experience gain at all. I don't like fishing alone.



I remember from beta that if you were in a group at all, you wouldn't get any xp, regardless of where the group member(s) are. I think it was a bug, and supposed to be fixed. Did you make a post in the bug reports or PM an Admin?


I will make sure I do

Re: Fishing

#13
incognitox wrote:To add, I have gotten complaints of how if I am grouped with another person, my level affects their experience gain, not allowing them to get any experience at all even from the docks. In my opinion being grouped for fishing shouldn't affect experience gain at all. I don't like fishing alone.


This was a bug in the first iOS beta but was fixed for the second iOS beta (I double checked it myself). Kind of sad this bug apparently made it into the game live.

Makes me wonder if we will need another update to fix them all.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Re: Fishing

#14
Plus3 wrote:
incognitox wrote:To add, I have gotten complaints of how if I am grouped with another person, my level affects their experience gain, not allowing them to get any experience at all even from the docks. In my opinion being grouped for fishing shouldn't affect experience gain at all. I don't like fishing alone.


This was a bug in the first iOS beta but was fixed for the second iOS beta (I double checked it myself). Kind of sad this bug apparently made it into the game live.

Makes me wonder if we will need another update to fix them all.



Well i guess we will have to obtain all bug problems before they do update it. Any bugs i find will definitely be posted under bugs. If lucky enough to remember to snapshot the problems, i would. :)

Re: Fishing

#15
Perky wrote:The important question is: do you like the game more now there is fishing?


Definitely brings a new interest in game, I was a huge fan of runescape before they added all that new crap lol, brings me back to that

Re: Fishing

#17
Zendroid wrote:i can't imagine most long term players of CH analyzing fishing and thinking .. Yea.. This was a much better use of time over programming an auction house.


Maybe they can't do an auction house with the current engine? Or else it's because they are focusing on horizontal content.

OTM is the only one who knows why they haven't put in an auction house yet. They know that people want it, so there isn't any point in constantly bringing it up...
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can occasionally find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: Fishing

#18
Guthix123 wrote:

Maybe they can't do an auction house with the current engine?

How hard can it be, after all other games implemented it decades ago
D0nk0 Lvl143 warrior
D1nk1 lvl90 druid (retired)
D2nk2 lvl70 ranger (retired)
D3nk3 lvl128 druid (dual log)
D4nk4 Lvl142 ranger (tri log)
D6nk6 lvl80 mage (retired)

General of PRIME
Proud owner of 2 full darkflame sets

D5nk5 lvl85 rogue (arawn)

Re: Fishing

#19
D0nk0 wrote:
Guthix123 wrote:

Maybe they can't do an auction house with the current engine?

How hard can it be, after all other games implemented it decades ago


OTM is specifically not introducing an auction house because they believe it is not in their best interests. It is trivial to implement, we already use a mail system which is arguably the harder (not that its hard) part of the implementation.

There is a common perception that auction houses ruin games, such as these:
https://www.google.com/#q=auction+house+ruin+mmorpg
However I disagree with this and believe merching will add an important aspect to the game. OTM likely sees it as people needing less plat items to complete quests, and people leveling up/getting items quicker which they likely believe will hurt the bottom line. However, the lack of an auction house, and a way to get equipped easier at low level, may be one reason contributing to new players quitting. There wouldn't really be a way for anyone to "ruin the economy" as I see it.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Re: Fishing

#20
D0nk0 wrote:
Guthix123 wrote:

Maybe they can't do an auction house with the current engine?

How hard can it be, after all other games implemented it decades ago



Other games run different game engines. My point was that it might not be possible with the current engine...I don't know if it is or not, since I obviously don't know anything about game coding.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can occasionally find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests