Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Lure of Assassins, Giants, Soldiers

Maybe in your clan it's easy for mages to get both fire and ice gear. But your half-assed solution doesn't work for everyone.
It's easy enough that alts get this in my clan. Some clans even share gear for raids. But I'm not counting on OTM actually fixing anything.
Good for you. It's like the rich telling the poor - food? that's not a problem, we eat 3-4x every day.

As a fire mage, I would never take a Godly Necral Decay or Endless Night Ring over an Ice Mage just so I can get a better Energy Boost. I suppose we just play on different principles.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Unless those poor people are going to throw up that food and give the food back to the poor people after they are done consuming, that example is not even close near relevant.

He implied loaning items to clannies for certain raids, temporary....
Thats not taking gear over another mage, its borrowing his gear when he can not attend the raid
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

If you have diffrent ability's then you don't have to loan theire lux.... Thats dumb you need to loan other people's gear for a boss.... I think Aileron is 100% right in this topic
You don't have to do that. But if you want 'optimal performance' then that is an easy solution, instead of changing a game mechanic.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

I don't agree making a new skill type as nobody will use gear slots for a ability booster of lures, decreasing lures for everyone except dedicated lure mages.

Just make lures come from both fire and ice ability, go from whichever is higher, not that hard to program and an easy fix. Better boost both classes than nerf the fire ones.
Oderint Dum Metuant.

I agree friddo.

This has me curious just what the impact pierce lure would have on someone with 3.5k fire magic vs 5k fire magic. Most of the other support type skills have a minimal impact after a certain point with ability points.

I can't imagine anyone is saying "if only that mage had 1k more fire ability to add to pierce effectiveness that boss would have died.

I'd have to log into my mage and switch gear around to see but I can't imagine it has that big of an impact. I feel like we're looking at something like a 3-4% increase or something along those minimal lines.

But yes I agree with make lures both fire and ice abikity
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Apparently aileron only keeps godly drops, that's pretty great maybe I'll switch servers.

But many get imperial and Royal who are a single build toon on my world. I guess you just throw all the imperials and below into a bank and whine about it. Same with the other items, a royal or imperial spinner helm can add a decent boost, as an ammy from this event boss does.

We are talking about clan kills, mages don't need the last few % effectiveness in a lure for duo leveling with mele classes. Because that's what you get going from 4-8k ability and keep all else constant. It's not even really important for adds when it only speeds up the kill by 1-2 seconds absolute tops.

If you don't share some key items for raids, or have some banked for communal use in raids, why are you even in a clan?

Yes nearly all skills need fixing but if you don't like suffering through kludgey solutions while growing old waiting for an update maybe this is the wrong game for you.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Well that is the other question, exactly how much of an effect does the ability have on the lures? It would be nearly impossible to figure out, with damage fluctuations. If there is only a 3-5% difference on pierce lure between a 1k fire ability and 2k fire ability, does it really need to be changed?...
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Well that is the other question, exactly how much of an effect does the ability have on the lures? It would be nearly impossible to figure out, with damage fluctuations. If there is only a 3-5% difference on pierce lure between a 1k fire ability and 2k fire ability, does it really need to be changed?...
Lures are only the tip of the iceberg. Mages have more neutral skills than lures. I don't like the fact that Ice Mages have better Energy Boost or Energy Shield than Fire Mages, for example.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Maybe i'm a bit confused but i'm a endgame ice mage with 6200 ice magic and around 3400 fire magic. I use max pierce and ice lures and i rarely miss either. :geek:
I do it because i can. I can because i want to. I want to because you said i couldn't.
Level 221 Mage
level 220 druid
level 216 rogue
level 215 warrior
Server: Balor
Clan: Nova
Position: Guard
Spirit Team Balor Server first Necro kill 5/8/2016