Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Event Lux

#1
Lots of threads have been popping up lately about whether Event Lux should be brought back, made permanent, or left alone. This are just my opinions about Event Lux and what it is meant to be.

NOTE: This is pertaining to the iOS Version of Celtic Heroes (to an extent). Android does not have Reaper Rings, though they do have Wyld Ammys and Stargem Sets. If Reaper Rings (and other Legacy Lux) are made available to Android for one Samhain Event then that's a different story. My topic is focusing on iOS players though.


In my own opinion, Event Luxury items were meant to be obtainable for a limited time, and if you purchased it during that time then you can count yourself lucky. If you did not purchase it or were not around when the item was available then you pay the price- either by missing out completely on the item OR literally paying a steep (or lower) price for said item.

Think of it this way-

If you want to purchase a vinyl record of Frank Sinatra, which was made in the 1940's, then you have to be willing to pay a price for it. That price can be low or high depending on the seller.
Of course, if you were alive during the 1940's and had purchased said vinyl then you could count yourself lucky- you were in the right place at the right time.
But if you were born afterwards then you will have to, first, find someone who is willing to sell that vinyl and, second, pay the price they are willing to sell it for.

It works the same way in Celtic Heroes.

People get upset that they weren't around or hadn't joined the game during Samhain 2013 when the Reaper Ring was available. Or Ostara 2014 when the Wyld Ammys were around. Is that OTM's fault? Is that your fault? Not really, it just came down to timing. You can STILL aquire those items but you have to pay the price someone is willing to sell them for.
Those lucky players who had worked hard and bought those items when they were available are exactly that- very lucky. It isn't their fault that they would only resell the item for a high price, after all it means something to them and cost them alot.

Now, I do believe that Event Items should NOT be brought back ever. It completely defeats the purpose of it being an EVENT ITEM. One that is obtainable for a SHORT time. They are meant to be prestige gear, and players who bought them shouldn't be punished for having purchased them while they were available.

That being said, I wouldn't actually care much if they WERE made available again, or even made permanently available. Yes, it would irritate a small part of me because it defeats the purpose of the item having been Limited Time at one point, but the benefits far outweigh the "moral" thoughts or personal prejudices.

If Event Items come back then great. If not then great. I just don't like newer players getting butthurt about the high prices on GOOD Lux. I'm 110% fine with it when we just state that "YES! I want this to happen!" But when you get mad at the older (or smart, proactive) Players who bought that Lux then you are totally wrong.

I, and others, would be completely fine if Event Lux was brought back or made permanent. I, and others, are also fine if it is not brought back. But in the end, I'll personally be happy with whatever decision is made.
Would you kindly?

Image

Re: Event Lux

#2
Ehh I kinda agree but maybe a similar item would be a better solution for people who missed out
Characters
World: Danu
Clan: Ascension
E3: Rogue lvl 222+
Shadow9: Warrior lvl 185+
Image

Instagram: @celtic_tavern (I do daily uploads, feel free to come say hi)

Re: Event Lux

#3
Can I ask what the point is of this post if there are already so many threads about this and you gave your opinion already on those threads?
Perkamentus, lv 230 Full Doch Gul Ice Mage
Avanor, lv 220 Rogue
Silvos, lv 191 Ranger

Retired Chieftain now Clansman of Pegasus, Lugh.

Re: Event Lux

#4
Perky wrote:Can I ask what the point is of this post if there are already so many threads about this and you gave your opinion already on those threads?

He took multiple ideas and put it in too one big thread so then easier to read and +1 to idea
Deathstrokes-Arawn
"It is a good life we lead, brother." "The best. May it never change." "And may it never change us."
Image

Re: Event Lux

#6
Deathstrokes wrote:He took multiple ideas and put it in too one big thread so then easier to read and +1 to idea

What idea?

I see just another thread about Event Lux while he could easily just write this on someone else's thread:
Everything wrote:In my own opinion, Event Luxury items were meant to be obtainable for a limited time, and if you purchased it during that time then you can count yourself lucky. If you did not purchase it or were not around when the item was available then you pay the price- either by missing out completely on the item OR literally paying a steep (or lower) price for said item.


But no, like Mamba said there is a whole essay about it when he is practically saying the same thing in other words:
Everything wrote:In my own opinion, Event Luxury items were meant to be obtainable for a limited time, and if you purchased it during that time then you can count yourself lucky. If you did not purchase it or were not around when the item was available then you pay the price- either by missing out completely on the item OR literally paying a steep (or lower) price for said item.


Everything wrote:If you want to purchase a vinyl record of Frank Sinatra, which was made in the 1940's, then you have to be willing to pay a price for it. That price can be low or high depending on the seller.
Of course, if you were alive during the 1940's and had purchased said vinyl then you could count yourself lucky- you were in the right place at the right time.
But if you were born afterwards then you will have to, first, find someone who is willing to sell that vinyl and, second, pay the price they are willing to sell it for.


Everything wrote:It works the same way in Celtic Heroes.

People get upset that they weren't around or hadn't joined the game during Samhain 2013 when the Reaper Ring was available. Or Ostara 2014 when the Wyld Ammys were around. Is that OTM's fault? Is that your fault? Not really, it just came down to timing. You can STILL aquire those items but you have to pay the price someone is willing to sell them for.
Those lucky players who had worked hard and bought those items when they were available are exactly that- very lucky. It isn't their fault that they would only resell the item for a high price, after all it means something to them and cost them alot.


Everything wrote:Now, I do believe that Event Items should NOT be brought back ever. It completely defeats the purpose of it being an EVENT ITEM. One that is obtainable for a SHORT time. They are meant to be prestige gear, and players who bought them shouldn't be punished for having purchased them while they were available.


Also, first he says he believes Event Lux shouldn't be brought back, he suddenly doesn't care (again with so so many words):

Everything wrote:That being said, I wouldn't actually care much if they WERE made available again, or even made permanently available. Yes, it would irritate a small part of me because it defeats the purpose of the item having been Limited Time at one point, but the benefits far outweigh the "moral" thoughts or personal prejudices.

If Event Items come back then great. If not then great. I just don't like newer players getting butthurt about the high prices on GOOD Lux. I'm 110% fine with it when we just state that "YES! I want this to happen!" But when you get mad at the older (or smart, proactive) Players who bought that Lux then you are totally wrong.

I, and others, would be completely fine if Event Lux was brought back or made permanent. I, and others, are also fine if it is not brought back. But in the end, I'll personally be happy with whatever decision is made.


My conclusion is that this whole thread of 604 words could just have been
Everything wrote: Hi guys, I also want to say something about this subject and would like my own thread. My opinion about this is: I don't care.

Which also could have been done in his head or just on someone else's thread.

So again, whats the point of this post?
Perkamentus, lv 230 Full Doch Gul Ice Mage
Avanor, lv 220 Rogue
Silvos, lv 191 Ranger

Retired Chieftain now Clansman of Pegasus, Lugh.

Re: Event Lux

#7
Very true my Perky acquaintance.

It is, after all, just my opinion. Posted it cos this is the Forums and I wanted to, simple as that. Mine is just another thread amongst many others that can be easily ignored :)
Would you kindly?

Image

Re: Event Lux

#9
Event lux should have never made an appearance to begin with. OTM created this hotly contested monster and can fix it to some degree by bringing back permanent versions of the most requested items, i.e. The Reaper with heat, cold or magic damage instead of poison damage.

Not going to appease everyone by rehashing old items, but I see more requests to bring the stuff back than those who are opposed to it.
Homeworld: Gwydion
Clan: Relentless

Re: Event Lux

#10
frumentarii wrote:Not going to appease everyone by rehashing old items, but I see more requests to bring the stuff back than those who are opposed to it.

That's because there's more people without those items then with them. Still doesn't make it right.

Making new items is fine. Bringing old ones back is lazy and wrong. Especially when they were advertised as event only lux.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 190 Ice Mage
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/WeWFev9

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests