Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Lures, resistances, damages, oh my

Ok so after reading through a couple threads it got me curious. And, yes, I know all bosses are slightly different. But a general idea would be ok.

Let's assume I have a 100 cold dmg or 100 heat dmg item. I have a mage with 45 points in that respective lure. Does anyone have any idea how much of that 100 elemental damage is actually going to land or a general percentage?
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Re: Lures, resistances, damages, oh my

Even if the resist on boss was 0, you'd rarely hit 100. That's due to the fluctuations of damage in the game. Most of it in this case would range from 50-75, with no resists that is (If u did it on a training dummy for example).
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

Ok so after reading through a couple threads it got me curious. And, yes, I know all bosses are slightly different. But a general idea would be ok.

Let's assume I have a 100 cold dmg or 100 heat dmg item. I have a mage with 45 points in that respective lure. Does anyone have any idea how much of that 100 elemental damage is actually going to land or a general percentage?
I'm going to assume you aren't using a elemental damage item on a caster as it does not add to spells/skills and no one past lvl120 should be using auto attack.

The elemental damage always lands whenever an auto attack lands. It really is dependent on the boss and what resistance it has to that damage type. For example pyrus and this event boss is already weak to cold so a further reduction won't yield as much as on bosses who resist cold more normally.

A good rule of thumb is you will hit 25-50% no resists and 37-75% with a 45+ lure. It's not exact but is a ballpark. Mobs have less resistance so it's more like 30-60% no lure and 60-90% with 45+ lure. Elemental damage from an item has no fluctuation while skills/spells have a 50-100% fluctuation. Therefore on average a skill hits for 75% damage and items elemental hits 100%.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Even if 0 resists, fluctuations (read bs) make it undergo like 60-100% approximately, +/- few% before doing actual damage. This applies to divine damage as well, which is very handicapping issue than most people think. Making this fluctuations range 85-100% would make it alot more balance, at least for the divine damage. Rest elemental and physical dmg undergoes resists after lures and gets applied again with fluctuations before registering damage. A 100 cold dmg might do anywhere 60-100 dmg on bosses with 0 resists cold after lures. On endgame raids its probably doing 12-20 dmg.___.
Adrohan - 226 Rogue, Fingal
Get kills or die trying!
First Mordris n Necro kill on Android, nuff said
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Adrohan

I'm going to assume you aren't using a elemental damage item on a caster as it does not add to spells/skills and no one past lvl120 should be using auto attack.

The elemental damage always lands whenever an auto attack lands. It really is dependent on the boss and what resistance it has to that damage type. For example pyrus and this event boss is already weak to cold so a further reduction won't yield as much as on bosses who resist cold more normally.

A good rule of thumb is you will hit 25-50% no resists and 37-75% with a 45+ lure. It's not exact but is a ballpark. Mobs have less resistance so it's more like 30-60% no lure and 60-90% with 45+ lure. Elemental damage from an item has no fluctuation while skills/spells have a 50-100% fluctuation. Therefore on average a skill hits for 75% damage and items elemental hits 100%.
Elemental damage from an item, like damage rings n helms, do undergo fluctuations. It's applied on everything I believe.
Adrohan - 226 Rogue, Fingal
Get kills or die trying!
First Mordris n Necro kill on Android, nuff said
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Adrohan

Elemental damage from an item, like damage rings n helms, do undergo fluctuations. It's applied on everything I believe.
You are right, I tested it. I'm pretty sure rest of the above is correct though.
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

damage is said to fluctuate from 50%-100% of your damage. I proved this wrong when I hit an aito attack of 2 when my damage was said to be 6. That's on a training dummy with 0 resists. So there's your answer anyways, if you brough the boss' resist down to 0 you'll know because you'll be able to see yourself(rarely) hitting numbers close to your max hit.

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

damage is said to fluctuate from 50%-100% of your damage. I proved this wrong when I hit an aito attack of 2 when my damage was said to be 6. That's on a training dummy with 0 resists. So there's your answer anyways, if you brough the boss' resist down to 0 you'll know because you'll be able to see yourself(rarely) hitting numbers close to your max hit.
Maybe it's computed as a floating point and displayed as an integer. To actually disprove it you would be better off going for more damage. That said when I tested fists with 480 elemental I was hitting 60 to close to 100%.
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

Maybe it's computed as a floating point and displayed as an integer. To actually disprove it you would be better off going for more damage. That said when I tested fists with 480 elemental I was hitting 60 to close to 100%.
I seriously think there is a limit on your max % hit, and it's not 100%. More like 90%, maybe 95%, but as Vulture showed, even on a low level, you can't ever get 100%.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.