Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Proc Chance?

Don't mind him demon, he took an intro stats course once and has been spewing this same stuff for years.
Lol I took the statistics material in 9th grade and supposedly you kids learn this earlier these days. 1100 speed is 1.1 seconds per swing, a 3rd grader should be able to figure it's then suppose to be 818 swings in 15 min (815 if you use 1104 as the speed). I keep posting the math because it seems to me the majority don't apply junior high school math and below therefore peeps some refreshing.

You are like Han Solo whereas some of us do want to know.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

What's wrong with Han Solo?
Han Solo was annoying and arrogant at times.

Could a person with a red name please comment on this?
Wattzon of Sulis

http://giphy.com/gifs/bcbPzkSCytDH2
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

@+3 in my original post I said I used an EDL bow which has an attack speed of 2800 and on a heroic haste elixir gets down to a speed of 1120 which over the course of 15 minutes hits precisely 803 autos with no skills used. I'm not incompetent in math I can nagivate my way around a calculator. yes the cap is 1100(go purchase a super haste pot or super haste elixir and read the description) but an EDL bow doesn't get to that speed. but it's ok I don't mind you criticising me I'm sure you're much better at math than me because I'm not a genius I just get curious and try harder then I should to understand how things work. Sorry if some of my math was wrong, it was close enough to convince me of what I wanted to find out so I found it ample.
I am Relentless
Level: 230
Class: Ranger
Clan: Relentless
Gear setup http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Dem0n

@+3 in my original post I said I used an EDL bow which has an attack speed of 2800 and on a heroic haste elixir gets down to a speed of 1120 which over the course of 15 minutes hits precisely 803 autos with no skills used. I'm not incompetent in math I can nagivate my way around a calculator. yes the cap is 1100(go purchase a super haste pot or super haste elixir and read the description) but an EDL bow doesn't get to that speed. but it's ok I don't mind you criticising me I'm sure you're much better at math than me because I'm not a genius I just get curious and try harder then I should to understand how things work. Sorry if some of my math was wrong, it was close enough to convince me of what I wanted to find out so I found it ample.
Yes sorry was thinking of the warrior post not edl bow, that should be 803 (bow, dagger sword makes little difference). You can always use a binomial calculator online (or by hand for extra fun!) to determine odds like this. If it's supposed to be 5% and you consistently get 10 in 800 ish then it's like winning the powerball every time you play - which is essentially impossible that's right.
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

Yes sorry was thinking of the warrior post not edl bow, that should be 803 (bow, dagger sword makes little difference). You can always use a binomial calculator online (or by hand for extra fun!) to determine odds like this. If it's supposed to be 5% and you consistently get 10 in 800 ish then it's like winning the powerball every time you play - which is essentially impossible that's right.
The warrior test just proved attack is definitely a factor in procs because gelebron has really high defense and my warrior had low attack so not a lot of my autos landed.
So as far as I'm concerned that's proof attack is a factor in your proc chance
I am Relentless
Level: 230
Class: Ranger
Clan: Relentless
Gear setup http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Dem0n

The warrior test just proved attack is definitely a factor in procs because gelebron has really high defense and my warrior had low attack so not a lot of my autos landed.
So as far as I'm concerned that's proof attack is a factor in your proc chance
I never underestimate the chance the weapon is simply broken for all mobs in code.
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

Han Solo was annoying and arrogant at times.

Could a person with a red name please comment on this?
I quite liked him, we all need a charming space rogue ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To answer the topic, attack does and does not affect the proc chance.

The actual "chance to proc" is based off the weapon with it having a proc chance stat and is not affected by your attack stat.

But the more attack you have = more chance to hit an attack and therefore proc, you don't hit the mob you cant proc.