Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Proc Chance?

#11
When did anyone say you are guaranteed 5 procs out of 100 hits..?
Image


A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Re: Proc Chance?

#12
Acid Burn wrote:U guys are all wrong.
Yes u r right about the part that proc comes from successful autos only.
BUT....
5% proc does not mean that if u do 100 successful autos u will for sure get 5 procs.
5% proc means that every successful auto has 5% chance to trigger proc.
That is a very different thing.


We were only discussing if proc chance is based on succesful autos or each auto whether it lands or misses, not about the percent accuracy of 5 procs for every 100 succesful autos
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ-̫͡-ʔʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ-̫͡-

Arawn
Rranger52 200+

Re: Proc Chance?

#13
Acid Burn wrote:U guys are all wrong.
Yes u r right about the part that proc comes from successful autos only.
BUT....
5% proc does not mean that if u do 100 successful autos u will for sure get 5 procs.
5% proc means that every successful auto has 5% chance to trigger proc.
That is a very different thing.

Whether u say that theres 5% chance ur auto will proc or u say out of 100 hits ur likely to get 5 procs is the same, its simply using average for easier math. U can proc 5 times per 20 hits, but the chances are u will only proc it once.

Anyway, yes, attack affects the chances ur autos will land, and its 5% proc for every auto that lands, not one that misses. Thats why attack is even more superior for rangers and rogues.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Re: Proc Chance?

#14
The proc occurs when you swing (or shoot) your weapon. So it doesn't matter if the auto landed or not.
You can miss the auto and the proc can still hit and do damage.
Image


There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Re: Proc Chance?

#15
Aileron wrote:The proc occurs when you swing (or shoot) your weapon. So it doesn't matter if the auto landed or not.
You can miss the auto and the proc can still hit and do damage.

I think the game itself already 'knows' whether the hit will miss or land as soon as u swing/shoot. But it needs testing if we're all speculating, guess I'll have to grab my dl sword sometime for that.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Re: Proc Chance?

#16
Criminal wrote:
Aileron wrote:The proc occurs when you swing (or shoot) your weapon. So it doesn't matter if the auto landed or not.
You can miss the auto and the proc can still hit and do damage.

I think the game itself already 'knows' whether the hit will miss or land as soon as u swing/shoot. But it needs testing if we're all speculating, guess I'll have to grab my dl sword sometime for that.


Not all procs do damage. Weapons such as Dagger of Necral Decay or Bow of Blood Rage, you can see procs triggered even on a miss.
Image


There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Re: Proc Chance?

#17
In 803 hits (haste dosent matter as the result is time independent) if you have a 5% proc rate then about 90% of the time you will have 31-50 proc. It's 5% odds you would get 30 or less and 5% to get 51 or more. It drops to about 1% odds of getting 27 or less and 1% at getting 54 procs or more over the same number of hits. Realistically that's enough that it's rare to vary by more than a factor of 2. Getting exactly 40 procs is only about 6.5% odds.

The same people who liked testing these results in game also liked: watching paint dry, watching grass grow, arguing the finer points of the second edition AD&D rule system.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Re: Proc Chance?

#18
Plus3 wrote:In 803 hits (haste dosent matter as the result is time independent) if you have a 5% proc rate then about 90% of the time you will have 31-50 proc. It's 5% odds you would get 30 or less and 5% to get 51 or more. It drops to about 1% odds of getting 27 or less and 1% at getting 54 procs or more over the same number of hits. Realistically that's enough that it's rare to vary by more than a factor of 2. Getting exactly 40 procs is only about 6.5% odds.

The same people who liked testing these results in game also liked: watching paint dry, watching grass grow, arguing the finer points of the second edition AD&D rule system.

you didn't quote me so I don't really know if you were directing this comment as a response to mine but if you were. I never said it's always gonna be 40 procs over 803 hits I understand this fluctuates and stated that. I was just using general math to give the semi-accurate theory answer and in 15 minutes on a few occasions I counted my procs during a boss run for the entire time my lix was active so I didn't have to count each individual auto, anyways my findings made the theory of all 803 of those autos having a chance to proc obselete because it was half what it should of been if it were true, which suggests you can't proc on a miss because the average hit rate of autos is 50-70% and not higher. I counted my procs during the time of a lix on a few different occasions and they were almost the same each time ranging between 19-26 and my attack is really high.

my warrior with under 5k attack and on heroic haste at gelebron doesn't proc more than 10 times on the best day. Anyways to me this is a good indication in my opinion that procs only happen on direct hits and I'm convinced regardless of other people's views. Use this information how you wish or tell me something I didn't consider and enlighten me on why I'm wrong. I don't really care how many procs happen, only trying to determine weather or not attack impacts your proc chance.
I am Relentless
Level: 230
Class: Ranger
Clan: Relentless
Image

Gear setup http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Dem0n

Re: Proc Chance?

#19
Dem0n wrote:
Plus3 wrote:In 803 hits (haste dosent matter as the result is time independent) if you have a 5% proc rate then about 90% of the time you will have 31-50 proc. It's 5% odds you would get 30 or less and 5% to get 51 or more. It drops to about 1% odds of getting 27 or less and 1% at getting 54 procs or more over the same number of hits. Realistically that's enough that it's rare to vary by more than a factor of 2. Getting exactly 40 procs is only about 6.5% odds.

The same people who liked testing these results in game also liked: watching paint dry, watching grass grow, arguing the finer points of the second edition AD&D rule system.

you didn't quote me so I don't really know if you were directing this comment as a response to mine but if you were. I never said it's always gonna be 40 procs over 803 hits I understand this fluctuates and stated that. I was just using general math to give the semi-accurate theory answer and in 15 minutes on a few occasions I counted my procs during a boss run for the entire time my lix was active so I didn't have to count each individual auto, anyways my findings made the theory of all 803 of those autos having a chance to proc obselete because it was half what it should of been if it were true, which suggests you can't proc on a miss because the average hit rate of autos is 50-70% and not higher. I counted my procs during the time of a lix on a few different occasions and they were almost the same each time ranging between 19-26 and my attack is really high.

my warrior with under 5k attack and on heroic haste at gelebron doesn't proc more than 10 times on the best day. Anyways to me this is a good indication in my opinion that procs only happen on direct hits and I'm convinced regardless of other people's views. Use this information how you wish or tell me something I didn't consider and enlighten me on why I'm wrong. I don't really care how many procs happen, only trying to determine weather or not attack impacts your proc chance.


I was simply stating the odds. If 1100 speed limit on haste really is correct (haven't actually taken a video and counted but ik it's close) then it's 818 hits in 15 min, not 804. Anyhow that won't affect the odds much. If you get 26 or less procs on a haste consistently, and not a once ever occurance, then it must not be 5%. I'd still test some other way as it's hard to rule out the weapon just not functioning right.

If you understand how odds like these random trials work then you can know with confidence when something dosent add up. You can turn off a light switch and still have the same electricity flow due to quantum uncertainty, but that has less probability than winning the powerball a quadrillion times a second in a single ticket each time and never losing. Thus you can be confident the lights will be off. If the odds are supposed to be 5% and you only proc 10 times hasted on gele then you can be just about as confident they aren't really 5% under those circumstances.
Last edited by Plus3 on Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Re: Proc Chance?

#20
Don't mind him demon, he took an intro stats course once and has been spewing this same stuff for years.

Aileron, are you sure that different weapons have different proc mechanics? When I tested in arena with a friend with a 20% event novelty wep he hit about 1 proc out of every 5 swings when I used no def, and did not land a single one when my defense was significantly higher than his attack (over the course of a few minutes)
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dynamit3, TheAftermath and 11 guests