Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Question for everyone

Couldn't agree more with Terminator.
There is just no need in decent gear being so damned elusive, nor is the a reason in a MOBILE that you should need 30 or so players just for a chance at some gear.
OTM have created a game where the strong get stronger and the weak simply have no reason to play.
Characters (In order of creation)

Nigel-rogue
Gettafix-druid
MaidMarrion-ranger
BrianBlessed-warrior
NoelEdmonds-mage

The problem isn't necessarily the castle, it's the games lack of key mmorpg components such as an auction house, clan banks, mini game systems, etc. With such a void players have had to compromise, make concessions, and adapt and this has lead to some very unhealthy and negative behaviors. Unfortunately the castle is the hub of such unwelcome activities and players that are using their bank, obtaining bounty quests, and such are subjected to those activities. The constant scamming, unwelcome trade requests/whispers/invites/duel challenges/etc etc has taken its toll. It has all lead to disappointment and player retention is low to say the least.

I firmly believe the future of this game hinges on the development and implementation of an auction house, clan banking system, npc controlled mini games, and additional gaming content not related to simply leveling up a character.
Black Company of Taranis

Mercenaries don't care about sides or politics, they care about getting paid.

I don't see anything wrong with the castle even if your a castle camper it's not the best thing to do but then again what else are you gonna do when everything is killed or done all your dailies.
Lugh
Rogue - Bugs 221
Been a Celtic Heroes Shill since 2011 ._.
"There are so many bugs in this game that sometimes it feels like I’m playing Starship Troopers"

I try to avoid the castle. If I want to chat, I'll use the clan chat app and log out. I don't do bounties. I don't want to get spammed with "can I have free stuff" requests. I don't dice. And I don't want to get spammed with random trades. If I need to check mail, I'll do from the tower.

In other words, castle sucks
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

It's nothing more than the atmosphere OTM has created by requiring all the excess camping to get anything decent in this game. There should be enough great gear and fun for all and time to hang out talk and be friendly. They have created at atmosphere of fighting tooth and nail, causing unhealthy nasty relationships, to get the gear most people desire. There should be instances where clans can go in and battle mobs and have fun getting gear with better drop rates, instead of the nasty battling each other atmosphere created.
+1 The nasty relationships between clans aren't healthy, and it's all over gear and power. That nasty relationship even sneaks into a clan if you aren't careful
It is more the problem of some people always in the castle when bosses are called and if their is competition on your world then that is not helping your clan and you might as well be clanless.
...and I agree with this mentality, but sometimes it gets to the point where a person can't even log in for a moment to check mail without getting bombarded by boss calls, or shamed because they want to take 5 minutes to do the Otherworld bracelet quest because they need to join an hour long 210 event fight. I've seen people kicked/demoted for going afk in the wrong place at the wrong time. When this stuff starts happening, when your clanmates start getting demonized for wanting to do their own thing once in a while, it makes you wonder what you're logging in for. Do you risk logging in and getting caught in a 30 minute Unox fight with no tanks or druids, do you do your own thing and risk getting booted from the clan, or do you decide that it's less stressful to stay logged out and enjoy real life?

My point of writing this is that there needs to be a balance between camping bosses and camping the castle. Sometimes people need to take a break and just have some fun, and it won't always be at the appointed time in-between boss spawns. Otherwise, people stop logging in when they stop having fun.
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

Agreed with bitey. There's a fine line between fun and loyalty tbh. Sometimes I just wanna have fun and do my own little thing, like talk to people in castle, or help some nubs out on a quest. However when people get bombarded boss calls from clan and get threatened to be kicked from clan if they don't come, then there's a problem. I agree, the atmosphere in ch has been set to serious with the way bosses and gear work. It's not wrong to do your own thing in a game, and have fun doing it. However when your forced to do things you don't want to do, and that too in a game, then there's a problem.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

OTM isn't responsible for nasty clan relationships .. Clans are. People are. There are many arrangements that can be made on servers to dissuade these conflicts, but most clans and people don't do it because they don't want to compromise.

This argument is similar to people who complain that Walmart moved into their small town and destroyed all the small businesses.

Walmart didn't do that.

The PEOPLE who shopped at Walmart instead of their local grocer or business is doing that.

OTM isn't responsible for nasty clan relationships .. Clans are. People are. There are many arrangements that can be made on servers to dissuade these conflicts, but most clans and people don't do it because they don't want to compromise.

This argument is similar to people who complain that Walmart moved into their small town and destroyed all the small businesses.

Walmart didn't do that.

The PEOPLE who shopped at Walmart instead of their local grocer or business is doing that.
No actually, it's kind of otms fault for the way clan relations are. If u notice, clans are forced to compete over bosses, and obviously that doesn't make people happy. Once one clan gets stronger than the other, the other clan can't do much to bring themselves back up, less they grief bosses, which causes problems. That in otms eyes is "healthy competition" while after so many years of me as well as others experiencing it firsthand, it clearly hasn't shown to be healthy.

Lightchamp
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

Now compare that to a game like oac, where a group of players can do dungeons together despite being in the same clan. There's also controlled pvp which gives healthy competition. Unlike this, there isn't griefing in oac.

Lightchamp
- 223 Dg ranger

._.