Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Rolling For Raid Drops

Bottom line, play in a world where it and it's loot distribution fits you.
which is why we need server transfers. What happens if you play in a world that doesn't fit you?
The rolling system is a joke, and it's a way for the majority of players on a server who make up the category of casual players to rule the entire server in a way that benefits them greater than people who play the game consistently.
Agreed. +1
IMO the entire concept of alt and main is bull****. If they are of level, and can do thier job in the raid well (unlike mains who just afk and do nothing helpful) then you should get an equal reward for equal work.
People who can't dual device love the main/alt philosophy. People who can dual hate it. I'm not a fan of it, although I do understand the worth of it, so that not all gear is concentrated on one person. Still, it's maddening when you see someone get their second mordy spear, or a necro ring that you know they won't use, while your alt doesn't even have a DL weapon and wearing shop rings.

I'm not sure what the best solution to this would be. Maybe if a main bids/rolls on an item they specify "need" or "want", and a "want" request should be processed the same as a request for an alt character. A main "need" request would always have highest priority, but that would rely on the person being honest about if they need or want it.
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

IMO the entire concept of alt and main is bull****. If they are of level, and can do thier job in the raid well (unlike mains who just afk and do nothing helpful) then you should get an equal reward for equal work.
People who can't dual device love the main/alt philosophy. People who can dual hate it. I'm not a fan of it, although I do understand the worth of it, so that not all gear is concentrated on one person. Still, it's maddening when you see someone get their second mordy spear, or a necro ring that you know they won't use, while your alt doesn't even have a DL weapon and wearing shop rings.

I'm not sure what the best solution to this would be. Maybe if a main bids/rolls on an item they specify "need" or "want", and a "want" request should be processed the same as a request for an alt character. A main "need" request would always have highest priority, but that would rely on the person being honest about if they need or want it.
Again the problem is liars who do the multiple main secret alt. It incentivizes lying as a reward to get ahead vs lying making no difference. Further people will put two toons in different clans to get dual main status.

I'd be more on board with your idea bitey if OTM would implement my player and ip identifier idea so everyone knew who logged what
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

@Bitey, I wouldnt generalize. My other devices being suckish, I dont care much for the toons I dual or tri with as I know Im not active on them as much as mains, but, I will never think my main should win over an active alt solely for being a main.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

@Bitey, I wouldnt generalize. My other devices being suckish, I dont care much for the toons I dual or tri with as I know Im not active on them as much as mains, but, I will never think my main should win over an active alt solely for being a main.
In my experience then. I know different servers have different cultures, and different clans have different rules. So maybe I shouldn't have generalized.
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

It's not that Epona is having difficulties regarding drops... Anyone coming here typically knows that this is an open world where anyone meeting lvl/armour reqs can dice. Yes, we have alts who are better geared than some mains, but typically those alts are played by people who have been playing/collecting for years with alts in mind. Multiple people with well geared alts are 210+ along with their main and multi/device or will log the needed toon for the boss.

Ya Epona has more drops spread out, someone needing 1 crown for dl wep, someone else having it but not wanting to trade etc. but, that's how Epona works. It has created an economy for all. We do have some class restrictive rolls on EDL, Necro and Prot/Gele.

The reason for that post was because we've had a number of players quit/xfer due to device issues, real life, this event being super sucky (3 dif crappy rings in one loot table) etc. so the main issue we face on Epona is getting the numbers for boss kills. Which is where these dual devices come into play. They can log a Druid, tank etc to help actually get the boss done. What's happening is we have some people calling these dual devicers greedy because they have more than one character there...and they're well equipped. These people,have also put in the time and effort to camp/gear themselves for situations such as this.

Ik Resurgence has a 5 box Druid. Is she greedy for bringing 5 of the same class to a boss fight? No. She is looking out for the greater good of her clan. Helping to get a boss done for the clan.

So yes, there are servers that still have open rolls for boss raids. Is it for everyone? No. Does it help those that can't be at every single boss kill to accrue DKP to obtain items that way? Definitely. Players need to choose a server and look at its loot distribution to see if it fits their play style. In the end, you need to play where it makes you happy. No system is perfect though.
Wow when u put it like this I think I actually prefer your server to a dkp server or whatever else there is. When I was in resurgence I only went to a handful of raids bc I was never free at the times they was done which was always at the same times, plus I've rolled on drops before and tbh I find it more exciting, it's basically gambling and gambling is very fun for me. It's just a shame I can't move my toons over yet and I wouldn't be prepared to start over again as I've done that before :(

I don't like rolling for drops for the simple reason that if I attend 100 mord raids and someone else attends 3 they can by sheer luck win a void helm over me? Not a fan, but to each his own I suppose..
Since the majority of players are casuals who play less and won't be top dkp earners you will be outvoted.

Same is true with casual players on one device and multi loggers. Outvoted.

Dosent make it right though. Just popular.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|