Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Anniversary Event- Be Grateful

There are those that are pleased. There are those that are indifferent. And there are those who are ungrateful.

You can't say that OTM could have done "better". This entire Anniversary Event was not something anyone knew about beforehand- it was a NICE thing OTM decided to do for us players. This hasn't ever happened before, and all it's done has benefitted players.

Double Plat- You pay HALF as much as usual to buy Platinum. This helps players AND OTM.

Increased Raid Spawns- Players can boss more than usual.

Double Bounty XP- DOUBLE of what we had before- for the SAME cost.

YES, OTM is a company and these Events DO help them financially. But are you seriously going to cry about having Platinum be half price? Are you actually UPSET that Bounties provide TWICE the XP? If you have common sense you wouldn't complain about having more.

If you don't like the raise your boss gave you then you have to approach him reasonably. If you come barging into his office demanding you get more you'd be lucky not to get fired. OTM isn't our boss, but if we give them critiques in a reasonable way and not just "This whole event is stupid" they'll be more inclined to listen to us. They're people just like anyone else.

These people who have been complaining cry about how "bad" these Events are, and then go back to the game and do them anyway. Nevermind the fact that the Bounty you just did provided double the bloody XP, OTM should have done "more", should have done "better".

Is this what the community has become? Are we THIS unappreciative of anything OTM gives us?

Just because OTM has not always given players what we desire doesn't mean everyone needs to jump on the bandwagon and hate on everything they do.

Looking at this Anniversary Event as a whole you can say OTM could have given us other things (Double XP, Double Gold, etc.) and continue to be bitter and upset with them for not doing more. OR you can look at it and think "Gee, they're really trying hard to make us happy, I'm glad." And enjoy the Event for what it is-

A thank you to players for sticking with them this past 5 years and a small reward for our time spent.

Take a step back and look at everything that's been done. Try to appreciate it for what it is, and drop the entitlement attitude.
Last edited by Everything on Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Would you kindly?

Re: Anniversary Event- Be Grateful

You try complaining to your boss that your RAISE isn't "good enough". You don't like the raise? Ha, okay, let's see how you lik deducted pay instead.

OTM is our "boss"- we keep the game running as we're employees (Giving them income), but at the end of the day they can decide if they want to hurt or help us. Yes, if employees leave then the company crashes, but if the employees leave they lose ther job. And for us our "job" is our joy of playing the game. If we show OTM we're grateful they may just want to give us better things. But if we show we're ungrateful brats then who's to say they won't hold back on some good things they had planned?
Must be real nice being a boss if you take income from your employees. Last I checked it was the other way around.

Employees are labor providers. They give hours of work to their boss/company, and in return, the boss/company pays the employees money.
OTM is a service provider. They give entertainment/platinum via CH to players/customers, and in return, we the players/customers choose to support OTM with money.

OTM is our "boss"
lol, what kind of boss do you have? I don't pay my boss anything to keep his company going. He PAYS me.
You pay your boss with your time and effort, he rewards you with money.

We pay OTM actual money, and they (should) pay us with a great experience worth our money.

That is what my analogy means. We (should) get "payed" by OTM with enjoyment of a good game and good content in return for our time/income we provide them.

But whatever the case, the topic isn't focused on that one paragraph, and If more people focus on that then I'll remove it and the rest of the Post still stands on its own.
Would you kindly?

OTM is our "boss"
lol, what kind of boss do you have? I don't pay my boss anything to keep his company going. He PAYS me.

We pay OTM actual money, and they (should) pay us with a great experience worth our money.

That is what my analogy means. We (should) get "payed" by OTM with enjoyment of a good game and good content in return for our time/income we provide them.

But whatever the case, the topic isn't focused on that one paragraph, and If more people focus on that then I'll remove it and the rest of the Post still stands on its own.
OTM is like your cable company, your mobile phone company, your ISP, your electric company, your water company, etc. etc.
You pay them and they provide you with goods and services. If you don't like the goods and services or if you think you pay too much for the things you are getting from them, you have the right to express your dissatisfaction.

The double plat event is like your mobile company saying, hey if you pay additional $30 dollars this month, we'll double your data allowance.
The mini-boss event is like your cable company giving you a lot more on-demand movies to choose from for 3 days, but you have to pay to watch them.
The current double bounty xp event is like your ISP giving you a double bandwidth boost for six hours in a day. Those with low bandwidth are grateful, and those on gigabit internet is like "Meh".

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

OTM is like your cable company, your mobile phone company, your ISP, your electric company, your water company, etc. etc.
You pay them and they provide you with goods and services. If you don't like the goods and services or if you think you pay too much for the things you are getting from them, you have the right to express your dissatisfaction.

The double plat event is like your mobile company saying, hey if you pay additional $30 dollars this month, we'll double your data allowance.
The mini-boss event is like your cable company giving you a lot more on-demand movies to choose from for 3 days, but you have to pay to watch them.
The current double bounty xp event is like your ISP giving you a double bandwidth boost for six hours in a day. Those with low bandwidth are grateful, and those on gigabit internet is like "Meh".
Yes, you're entirely correct. But focusing on the final thing about the Bounty XP-
It's still doubled. And on this game people aren't like "meh" they're actively complaining. THAT is what I disagree with.

Your analogies are closer to what it is- yes, and yours show better how we don't need to complain about these extra things. Mine was changed, though I doubt you'll find it any better.

Some need to be payed for (double plat, some bossing) but some are totally free (Double XP) and in both cases Players benefit and should be happy. Criticism on how to make it better next time around is welcome, but COMPLAINING about having extra? That's just stupid.
Would you kindly?

Some need to be payed for (double plat, some bossing) but some are totally free (Double XP) and in both cases Players benefit and should be happy. Criticism on how to make it better next time around is welcome, but COMPLAINING about having extra? That's just stupid.
I can see both sides, I don't care for Smelly's complaints about the double bounty xp event, but at the same time, I think OTM should take a step back and really look at what and who these "anniversary events" are for.

Double Plat is great for plat buyers and it benefits both sides, because we all know plat sales spike up during this time, and players who normally buy plat or wants to buy plat get double for what they pay for.

Boss spawn event is kind of let down. Yes OTM gave us more bosses to kill, but to keep the same stupid low drop rates, to be honest, I see it more as a punishment than a reward. It's like making us buy more lottery tickets with the same low odds of winning. Some may not agree with me, and that's fine. Just my opinion.

Double Bounty XP is good for players overall. It doesn't really cost anyone that much and pledges aren't that difficult to farm. I don't know if anyone would actually spend plat on pledges from the store, but maybe in some worlds where pledges from chests aren't readily available for sale.

But as I mentioned before, these anniversary events should be a way for OTM to celebrate and reward players for their loyalty, rather than using it as an opportunity to drive up plat sales and plat item usage, I think giveaways are more appropriate.

Give us a Special Offer of a Free 10-Lix bundle of our choice, or give us another 5-Heroic Combos for free like before. I'm sure everyone will appreciate it more, regardless of clan, level, or class.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.