Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Hrungnir camping - how does it happen in your world?

You're telling us Havoc has banned accounts for sharing? :lol: Avalon doesn't
Oh that's odd.. Then why were you guys so mad when Oklea got banned? And why did she stop logging at snorri? And then right after DarkStorm made a troll locker (coincidence? Sure lol) and then why did ail ridicule us saying havoc reports players? And why did MortalCreed tell us a few ava got banned?? All so confusing :(

You're telling us Havoc has banned accounts for sharing? :lol: Avalon doesn't
Oh that's odd.. Then why were you guys so mad when Oklea got banned? And why did she stop logging at snorri? And then right after DarkStorm made a troll locker (coincidence? Sure lol) and then why did ail ridicule us saying havoc reports players? And why did MortalCreed tell us a few ava got banned?? All so confusing :(
Avalon has its fair share of inactive players and those who quit. 75% of our roster have quit game.
I didn't ridicule Havoc for reporting Avalon, because hell, it's true and you know it. ZombieArmy did the same thing trying to get us banned to weaken Avalon. Just keep the competition in-game and outside of the OTM support mailbox, will ya?

Also, this thread is about Hrungnir camping, there's no need to bring other topics up just so you can bash Avalon again, which is characteristic of all your posts.. It's the only time you come here and post, maybe someday, you'd actually post something useful to the CH community besides being a sour grape and an angry player.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

75% of our roster have quit game.
That high? Are Alts included in that count as well?

Aeon currently has 39% of the mains roster labeled as Inactive.
It was just an estimate. There are currently 91 members registered on our website. Those who got kicked (2 of them in 4+ years) are no longer there. About 23 people are still actively playing, 7 more are on-and-off. So that's 25-32% active/semi-active?

So from what i've gathered from this heated discussions is:

- Morrigan has a "Dominant" clan
- Morrigan has a "Lesser" clan which Widowmaker is a part of
- Widowmaker does not like Avalon

This goes back to the saying, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.".
I'm guessing the whole "Dominant" clan thing is on every server, because it's not like all clans will be equal at the same time all the time. On Rosmerta, for example, we now have two clans who could he considered "Dominant"; Mythology and Forever.

Forever requests that you reach 170 first so that when you join they can equip you with your full DL set, from there you work towards EDL. So that sounds like what Ava does, just bumped down a notch, so the prerequisite for Avalon is DL, and for Forever is Frozen/170.

My solution is to get your DL, and just join Avalon. If the game stresses you out over such an issue why put yourself, and others, through it? Camping a boss for hours on end just to have it taken away by a better equipped clan can't feel nice, so why not be one of those "better equipped" people instead of the griefer or helpless bystander?

Sometimes we have to overcome our pride and ego so that we can get ahead.

Of course, I have to state this is an opinion as I don't play on Morrigan myself.
Would you kindly?

So from what i've gathered from this heated discussions is:

- Morrigan has a "Dominant" clan
- Morrigan has a "Lesser" clan which Widowmaker is a part of
- Widowmaker does not like Avalon

This goes back to the saying, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.".
I'm guessing the whole "Dominant" clan thing is on every server, because it's not like all clans will be equal at the same time all the time. On Rosmerta, for example, we now have two clans who could he considered "Dominant"; Mythology and Forever.

Forever requests that you reach 170 first so that when you join they can equip you with your full DL set, from there you work towards EDL. So that sounds like what Ava does, just bumped down a notch, so the prerequisite for Avalon is DL, and for Forever is Frozen/170.

My solution is to get your DL, and just join Avalon. If the game stresses you out over such an issue why put yourself, and others, through it? Camping a boss for hours on end just to have it taken away by a better equipped clan can't feel nice, so why not be one of those "better equipped" people instead of the griefer or helpless bystander?

Sometimes we have to overcome our pride and ego so that we can get ahead.

Of course, I have to state this is an opinion as I don't play on Morrigan myself.
Well, because then they aren't persecuted and their entire worldview becomes skewed.
Kimloc -142 druid
Locke - 220+ rogue
Persephone - 187 ranger
ShawShanked - 144 rogue
Machiavelli - 160 warrior
Fiddler - 95 ranger
Tattersail - 110 mage
Goethe - 83 druid
Chaucer - 4 mage

Taranis server, Member of Pride

When the other clan decides to camp hrun which happens but rarely we just park Alts there and log off while continuing to kill EDL/DL with mains as its higher priority than 3 banked royals. Unless there is under 2 hours left or so where we might get a group logged on ready to start. We don't bother with hrun much due to the low drop rate? Got our first void skull in months 2 days ago, spring of life ftw!!!
Oderint Dum Metuant.

On morrigan we regularly have a camper at hrungnir to watch it, however, when the competing clan starts to form a lock group we have no choice but to do the same. Honestly, i see no reason to why they prefer when a full group is ready to lock hrungnir when it could be so much better for everyone to just have one person there.
Ps
Do not mention my name on the forums again please.
Morrigan
SeeBass
Catalytic
Noxious
Blowfish
Oktavius

The entire original question here seems very trolly.

Because it seems to imply that Havoc camping Hrung all together is, what you consider, to be stuipid. That's obnoxious, so I will take the high road here and ASSUME this is NOT what you meant, Aileron.

I will then assume that the question you REALLY meant to ask is:

1. Why does a MOBILE GAME have bosses with a window that would require 1 toon or 100 to camp for 2 days? Because anyone who would use this as a game mechanic in a mobile game FUNDAMENTALLY does not understand how mobile devices are used, or mobile strategy in general. The 10 min window aligns with mobile. Anything else does not.

Or perhaps you meant to ask:

2. Why would a mobile game company be so out of touch with their own player analytics such that they continue to have loot tables that drop useless gear with skill no one uses, which they could tell IF THEY ACTUALLY HAD ANALYTICS. This clearly would show that the game mechanics are fundamentally flawed if people have mains that cannot be geared with "normal" loot tables, particularly DL and EDL as well as charms, braces, etc.

Or MAYBE you meant to ask:

3. Why would a MOBILE game have any kind of mechanic that requires anyone to grind by killing, or collecting or bossing and collecting for multiple hours a day (in the case of aka kite quests) when all mobile strategy dictates that the average use time is 15 minutes and anything else shows a clear user experience strategy isn't in place.

See, all of those are legit questions. Clearly that's what you meant, Aileron, and we also agree.

Now that we are all on the same page...

OTM, hire someone who understands mobile strategy and game mechanics to fix your broken user experience. I advise you hire on-shore for these roles, it will cost you $1 now, but save you about $100 to fix the broken later (comparatively). Trust me.

We don't bother with hrun much due to the low drop rate? Got our first void skull in months 2 days ago, spring of life ftw!!!
...and the one hrungnir you don't kill drops the void skull of firebolt or ice shards y'all have been waiting for in 3 years. yep that's the way the ball bounces :lol:
The entire original question here seems very trolly.
It was curiosity for the most part. I had already mentioned it before in another thread that in Morrigan we have clans that camp Hrungnir with full groups, for 24-48 hours, and it was about the pain of camping bosses and I said "you haven't experienced 'real camping' until you've done a 47.5 hour camp-off". Think very few believed me then either.

Havoc has also started to camp Mordris with full groups as well. At least 3 times now that I can remember, I was honestly surprised that they'd attack Mordris as soon as it spawned bringing all the adds down on them before we could even blink and call the clan. That was a fun day.