Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Spring Update - Patch Notes (Of Sorts)

Pretty colors Ace! :D

To those who have played the beta, are pets worth using since you have to feed them constantly? What is the cost of Pet Food, how can we get it, and are the effects better than lixes?

Thank you I try :lol: :lol:

When the beta was first released of course the first thing I did was go for the most hard to get Hare for my druid, a Tier 6 Golden Hare so I can only explain things involving that specific Pet. Pet food came in tiers just like the Pets (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) each one to match how much you've advanced your pet. Originally after feeding the pets the affect would only last 15 minutes and the tier 6 food cost 1,500g per "carrot" (the food in which to feed it), so very costly. After taking into consideration the feedback of the Beta Testers OTM changed the affect to now last either 30 minutes or an hour I can't remember but it's very significant to what it once was, also the tier 6 Pet food costs only 500g - very affordable.

The affect itself personally I found very useful (having an extra 180 focus is great and the hare is cute) and the skill is an awesome buff (you get a new ability for pets and of course, the more you train your ability the better the skill affect).

Keep into consideration the pets also have level requirements, so a level 120 character can't have a tier 6 pet because they require you to be level 200 in order to be equipped.

So you guys are going to disagree with my initial statement that the two incoming pets help rogues the most?
Yes, when my pet ability had been trained to 100 my pet's skill already healed me for 400 or so per tick - this is extremely useful for druids who are constantly spamming natures touch on group members and when breath is still on cooldown. I think casters will really benefit from these pets and for now I have no complaints.

The vit from dogs helps rogues more than any other class (followed by dps warriors, druids, tanks, rangers, mages in that order)
The dps skill helps rogues more than any other class (followed by dps warriors, tanks, druids, almost useless for mages and rangers)

The focus from rabbits is nice for mages and druids, not very useful for any other class
The self heal from rabbits is not super useful for anyone but in order probably tanks, druids, mages, rogues, rangers

If you were to rank the 5 classes in terms of "who gets the biggest buff from pets", would anyone not rank rogues at the top?
Just curious, cause otm consistently tries to say they're trying to address class balance and continually give greater buffs of some sort to rogues

just a quick list:
meteoric ph braces
earthstone armor
shadowstrike
dl and edl (my mage would use 1 of the 7 pieces when dpsing for comparison)
proteus braces
dg armor
increased crown drop rate
many lux items (stormcaller, wyldshrine, reapers, midnight tali, annihilation ammy, runic rings)
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs

So you guys are going to disagree with my initial statement that the two incoming pets help rogues the most?
Yes, when my pet ability had been trained to 100 my pet's skill already healed me for 400 or so per tick - this is extremely useful for druids who are constantly spamming natures touch on group members and when breath is still on cooldown. I think casters will really benefit from these pets and for now I have no complaints.
How often does a 400 heal save you? Once a week?

The skill started with a regen of around 200-250 if I'm not mistaken and 400 is a ability that has only been trained to 100, imagine what it's like at 2200. Even a small burst of 400 health can save someone who is on the verge of death from a chaos aoe pretty frequently.

Say you're health is at 900 at the moment due to the DPS lets an add slip through their defences and get it's greasy hands on you, a Druid - they aggro the add away and you haven't got time to use natures touch on yourself so you use your pets skill and now you have 1300 health. Not soon after the add that was attacking you or even the boss uses an AoE, bringing your health down even further to 300 but by that time your cooldown on natures breath has finished and you're back up to 1800 health with a regular 400 per tick health regeneration.

You'd be surprised at how many times situations like this arise and I think this is a wonderful way to tackle the issue even if that wasn't the clear intentions of OTM, I'm just looking positively at what they have kindly provided us with - brand new content.

So to answer your question,
More times than I have the time to list for you.

The vit from dogs helps rogues more than any other class (followed by dps warriors, druids, tanks, rangers, mages in that order)
The dps skill helps rogues more than any other class (followed by dps warriors, tanks, druids, almost useless for mages and rangers)
incorrect, it helps tanks just as much and rogues and warriors benefit equally from the skill

The focus from rabbits is nice for mages and druids, not very useful for any other class
true although the self heal may make it worthwhile for tanks
The self heal from rabbits is not super useful for anyone but in order probably tanks, druids, mages, rogues, rangers
incorrect it can be super useful for mages and druids especially at gelebron and proteus if you use DoTs
If you were to rank the 5 classes in terms of "who gets the biggest buff from pets", would anyone not rank rogues at the top?
i would say druids, mages, rogues and warriors all get a equal buff from pets depending on the situation, rangers are at a disadvantage here with the canine skill from dogs

just a quick list:
meteoric ph braces
help rangers the most
earthstone armor
help rangers the most again and during the time of its conception actually helped druids and mages get much more kills than rogues
shadowstrike
overpowered in update 4, OTM nerfed it for the tower
dl and edl (my mage would use 1 of the 7 pieces when dpsing for comparison)
agree, mage and druid edl should be buffed
proteus braces
help rangers the most
dg armor
most beneficial to DPS warriors/mages and support/DPS druids
increased crown drop rate
helps every class
many lux items (stormcaller, wyldshrine, reapers, midnight tali, annihilation ammy, runic rings)
reapers, midnight tali and stormcaller are both more effective on rangers
Oderint Dum Metuant.

How does vit help tanks the most? What's the difference between 20k hp and 21k hp if you're never dropping below 1/2? The only improvement is to the buffs, which is minimal. Compared to fully cursed rogues losing out on dps because they're on the ground- able to increase hp by 20% from the 180 vit

I compare the focus on the rabbits and you bring up the skill...did you not edit your comment after reading my next line? Do you use a mage at proteus? I usually use 0 pots 0 idols before rage. Maybe 2 idols for a 5 minute rage.

Your arguments are pointless and make no sense

Alright thanks Ace! That is really good to know that pet food is bought with GOLD and not plat or bounty points. This will be so worth it!

Also, what's the big deal with hating on Rogues? OTM does favor them and so do a majority of players. Just because the Rabbit and Dog have the buffs they do doesn't automatically make them in favor of Rogues. That's like saying any type of Halberd is in favor of Rogues- they can be used by all classes.

Yes, rogues are favored, but saying these pets are in HIGH favor of Rogues is wrong. Also expecting everyone to agree with such a silly statement is even more wrong.
Would you kindly?