Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

What is the rationale for delaying heals

Resto potions add health instantly. Touch, breath, bandage and light heal all have a few seconds delay.

In leveling groups this makes restos superior to a druid's heals in emergency situations, especially for mages on the brink of death with attune on cooldown. One of many reasons why druid's are sometimes left behind and/or excluded from leveling groups.

What's the point of making this and why hasn't it been fixed? I'm sure any other class would be annoyed if all your damage skills took 5 seconds to register after landing on your target.

Re: What is the rationale for delaying heals

We do have delays, and above that we get delayed heals. This is exactly what I mean when I bash on about OTM; features in game need to be fixed before worrying about ostara.

Unless the extra delay for heals was intended?
Elsroth - 220+ Mage - Clan Avalon

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

For druids the heal delay IS a bit silly, because they are meant to be support class- so that means they should be helped when doing their job, not hindered.

For Bandage Wounds and Light Heal it makes sense because you wouldn't want a Rogue to be able to suddenly restore half their health on their own with no delay during combat. And then Rangers could bring themselves back from death with Badage Wounds+Light Heal combo, and Light Heal already casts fast anyway.

For Druids their support skills should be instacast, I agree with that bit.
Would you kindly?

I am a druid but not against the delay. It gives depth. The need to time correctly etc.

In my opinion pots should be a punishment for bad play style, a sort of insert coin. Thus it does not make sense to give a delay to them.

Lixes are the task unbalancing factor. They are the ones that let dps classes gain survivability they should not have.

A proposal: replace lixes that add survivability (armor,defense,hp) with other lixes that increase dps (critical hits lix, faster recast time, etc)
Main: Imma
Class: Druid
Lvl: 221
World: Morrigan

you wouldn't want a Rogue to be able to suddenly restore half their health on their own with no delay during combat.
Lifesteal says hello :lol:
I am a druid but not against the delay. It gives depth. The need to time correctly etc.

In my opinion pots should be a punishment for bad play style, a sort of insert coin. Thus it does not make sense to give a delay to them.
Yes, you're right. Delays add so much depth, that's why people absolutely love waiting in traffic. Let's actually bring back the cast time on lightning strike and give it an extra 10 second delay, this way druids will need to time it correctly to really appreciate the true depth of Celtic Heroes.

Let's also introduce "Scrolls of Punishment" to the plat shop that deal 1k poison damage to the target instantly. Obviously, these scrolls are intended to punish bad play style, so it makes no sense to give them a delay.
Last edited by Swan on Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Many mobs experience a damage delay, even continuing to attack you after they are dead. It's been mentioned in the bugs section repeatedly. Mobs that wander in carrowmore are the most suceptiple to this bug.

As far as the delay in natures touch in beta the cast time was reduced by 1 second and the cd increased by 1 second so the overall time was the same but touch casts faster. However with cd reduce gear this makes the new time a fraction of a second faster overall.

This fix was in the right direction as the cast delay was far too long, you would watch teammates die while you stood there doing nothing.

Now if only the new animations for casters were redone properly this would be a good update. Shaking my upturned hands like I just flipped a table every cast was super annoying and I have no idea how that was any kind of improvement.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Mages are very annoyed with the skill delay in carro...

Still totally agree with your point. It's very annoying.
So its not just me! When I was leveling my mage recently I noticed a huge damage delay, I thought it was just bad internet or device lag
Someone brought this up recently and Muldar said they were working on it or it would be fixed in the next update or something like that. So at least they've acknowledged it and are working on a fix.
you wouldn't want a Rogue to be able to suddenly restore half their health on their own with no delay during combat.
Lifesteal says hello :lol:
Oh boy, completely forgot about Life Steal...Yea, DEFINITELY do not make Bandage Wounds instacast :lol:

But lifesteal isn't too terrible, mine is +9 over max and it will rarely restore more than 1/3 of my hp...But imagine if Bandage Wounds was insta- everyone would spam it. But then again people would have something to spend all their excess skill points on :lol:
Would you kindly?

Now if only the new animations for casters were redone properly this would be a good update. Shaking my upturned hands like I just flipped a table every cast was super annoying and I have no idea how that was any kind of improvement.
They have to display their enormous release of energy, guess throwing imaginary tables onto their teammates is the way to go :lol:
Would you kindly?