Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

The Sad Fate of Some MMO's

So in my medication induced haze after my surgery I came to ponder something I hope doesn't happen to our great game, Celtic Heroes. One day, an announcement will be sent out, players will say their final goodbyes, and the servers will be shut down. Sad, but true to some beloved MMO's.

Now I know some folks here have played other MMO's prior to Celtic, and have an experience with leaving their friends, gear, and even rivalries behind. Celtic is actually my first MMO i've ever gotten highly involved in, now having spent 3 years on the game, and I do enjoy it quite alot. To be honest I play it more than any of my console games :lol: it really is something I enjoy. I know this is a bit different it being a mobile MMO and all, and one of the first at that.

There are some MMO's that have been shut down after years of being played (Star Wars Galaxies for ex.) , and I hope that this doesn't happen to Celtic, because I plan on spending another few years here. So my question for OTM is-

What are your plans for the game? Do you plan to continue improving and building the game indefinitely, or to reach a certain point and call it a job well done?

Hope that Celtic sticks around for years to come :)
Would you kindly?

Re: The Sad Fate of Some MMO's

If that announcement comes whilst im still here ill prob die.
Cause i love this game and i love the people ive met (as friends)
:3
Issartri - Ranger - Fingal - 170 - Blackfyre
Issartri - Ranger - Arawn - 80+
I quit, again, no one enjoys the game anymore bc yall complain too much, the whole thing is revolving around bosses and selfish dom clans.
Peace out - Issa

Here's my predictions:

1)
Some day a long time from now, when admin is old and grey, he will retire and sell CH to some big name game developer. They will completely misjudge the tone of CH and make changes that anger the player base. Players will leave CH for another game, causing the CH to lose money. Since it's not a good investment anymore, the big name development studio will shut it down.

2)
CH is tied to android and iOS, but in the future people stop using phones and tablets. The technology has aged and people have deserted them in the same way they have deserted the flip phone or Blackberries. Technology and people have moved on and are now using something similar to Google Glass. Since CH is bound to this old hardware, less and less people will play it, in favor of virtual reality games. Eventually, new content will stop being made. The servers become deserted to the point that a server merge is necessary. There are still enough people playing for the nostalgia factor that they keep one or two servers running, but there will be no new events or updates. CH limps along indefinitely with one or two servers staying up, but in every sense of the word, the game will be finished
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

Here's my predictions:

1)
Some day a long time from now, when admin is old and grey, he will retire and sell CH to some big name game developer. They will completely misjudge the tone of CH and make changes that anger the player base. Players will leave CH for another game, causing the CH to lose money. Since it's not a good investment anymore, the big name development studio will shut it down.

2)
CH is tied to android and iOS, but in the future people stop using phones and tablets. The technology has aged and people have deserted them in the same way they have deserted the flip phone or Blackberries. Technology and people have moved on and are now using something similar to Google Glass. Since CH is bound to this old hardware, less and less people will play it, in favor of virtual reality games. Eventually, new content will stop being made. The servers become deserted to the point that a server merge is necessary. There are still enough people playing for the nostalgia factor that they keep one or two servers running, but there will be no new events or updates. CH limps along indefinitely with one or two servers staying up, but in every sense of the word, the game will be finished
U got it spot on, your new nickname is mystic meg :lol: It could even happen before then, not many mmorpg on the mobile devices for CH to contend with atm but mobile gaming is getting more n more popular and even massive game company's from other platforms are getting in on the mmo side now like nexon who introduced the free to play style and square enix who is teaming up with nexon. The more and more mmos available to us the more CH could dwindle, let's face it there's mmos out there with better content, bigger worlds, better graphics etc but the only things CH has over other games is the community is the best I seen on a mobile device and it's got the chill factor, as in u can come home after a day's work and relax on CH because there is literally nothing to think about, it's mind numbing gameplay which isn't (nesseseraly?) a bad thing...but it's by no means exciting.

Final thoughts: nothing good ever lasts ;)

All depends on OTM's attitude in the next year or so. I myself have now retired from the game maybe I'll return maybe I won't:

Here's what I have found though; OTM do not like critique. We as the player population have enough interest the game's future that we spend a lot of our time trying to give feedback on how the game can improve. Improvements so small that they should not take longer than 24 hours to implement; we receive replies from Muld stating that he will forward it onto design team etc. but we do not hear the design teams response. The work ethic of OTM is abysmal; it is the same work ethic that Samsung have which is why Apple will forever be ahead of Samsung but that is a different topic entirely... The principles however are the same.

OTM refuse to work with its community, and in turn the game does not work efficiently for the community. OTM's a business but they will fail just like several other busninesses have done in the past... Repetitive crap all day on ch is drying the game up big time. They need to implement other features of the game that can pass time, atm people will pass time standing in farcrag doing absolutely nothing. Put in some new features; I don't mean bosses or mobs but features like fishing, crafting etc etc.

OTM need to stop taking care of the game, they need to take care of the players and in turn the players will show feedback which will eventually take care of the game. Just like a CEO should take care of his employees and in turn the employees take care of the clients.
Elsroth - 220+ Mage - Clan Avalon

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

All games come to an end that is a pretty simple one.
Since I started playing around 2013 people have been predicting the rapid demise so OTM has already exceeded expectations.

I hope they expand and would personally like to see high paced instances added but that's not likely to happen.
Spit (Mage 226)
lil druid (220)
Damaged Soul (211+)
Creeping Death (Ranger 200)
World-Taranis

Definitely no plans to shut down CH at any point in the future. Large corporations have external pressure to focus on big hit games and shut down their MMOs if they don't meet certain revenue or growth targets, but being independent we have no such pressures.

Definitely no plans to shut down CH at any point in the future. Large corporations have external pressure to focus on big hit games and shut down their MMOs if they don't meet certain revenue or growth targets, but being independent we have no such pressures.
Or so you thought.

I will pay you 5k and a chicken to shut down CH.
PM me and I will do my best to help you with whatever you need.

Or so you thought.

I will pay you 5k and a chicken to shut down CH.
Jake, from State Farm, I am calling your superiors- that chicken was company property.
Would you kindly?

When funding for CH dries it, thats when it will die. As long as it is making money, it will be sustained. So, keep buying plats to make sure the game does not shut down. Whether it is independent game dev or big corporations like Electronic Art, the investors need to get a desired return. So as long as OTM keeps the investors hopeful, it can continue. am sure OTM doesn't do it for charity. So....