Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Class balance

Not really. Generally, selfishness is taking at the expense of others. By not grouping a druid, I'm not taking anything away from him or her. They are in the same condition they were before they asked me. Nothing was lost. And if you want to claim that they lost on the potential extra EXP that they would of gained by leveling with me, i would confidently assure you that you can't lose something you never had to begin with.

I didn't say i never grouped a druid, but you better believe when the grind started getting tough, and i watched that bar slowly progress and my lixes i paid for with real money disappear, damn right i didn't group druids.

Blame OTM, not me. They've known about this problem for years. And have done little about it.

And hey, wasn't it Aileron who told me that i can't tell him how to spend his money when i criticized him for paying to play all this time while continually complaining about the same problems that never get fixed ... well, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

When i buy lixes with real money, i get to decide how to use it.

Hey children, nobody is ENTITLED to my stuff. Go vote for Bearnie. If I have a TV, and you don't, i don't have to let you borrow it. That's not selfish. Your not entitled to it. And when your watching my tv... that means i cant. Just like when i buy lixes with real money, i expect a return on that investment in the form of an already calculated growth of EXP. Im not selfish if i don't want that investment diminished. I can't be selfish with something that i bought and owned to begin with, and you were never entitled to share in.
You have a good point. Not wasting money is good. Those that play druids should have stopped lixing when rogues and mages were able to not level at the same pace. It would be an interesting game then in terms of what bosses were killed and what gear those rogues were able to get from bosses.

Tell me if I'm making assumptions. You want end game gear which require druids. But you also believe that someone shouldn't be wasteful with their lix they use cash with to buy. Then everyone should just be leveling mages and rogues.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Not really. Generally, selfishness is taking at the expense of others. By not grouping a druid, I'm not taking anything away from him or her. They are in the same condition they were before they asked me. Nothing was lost. And if you want to claim that they lost on the potential extra EXP that they would of gained by leveling with me, i would confidently assure you that you can't lose something you never had to begin with.

I didn't say i never grouped a druid, but you better believe when the grind started getting tough, and i watched that bar slowly progress and my lixes i paid for with real money disappear, damn right i didn't group druids.

Blame OTM, not me. They've known about this problem for years. And have done little about it.

And hey, wasn't it Aileron who told me that i can't tell him how to spend his money when i criticized him for paying to play all this time while continually complaining about the same problems that never get fixed ... well, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Hey children, nobody is ENTITLED to my stuff. Go vote for Bearnie. If I have a TV, and you don't, i don't have to let you borrow it. That's not selfish. Your not entitled to it. And when your watching my tv... that means i cant. Just like when i buy lixes with real money, i expect a return on that investment in the form of an already calculated growth of EXP. Im not selfish if i don't want that investment diminished. I can't be selfish with something that i bought and owned to begin with, and you were never entitled to share in.
You have a good point. Not wasting money is good. Those that play druids should have stopped lixing when rogues and mages were able to not level at the same pace. It would be an interesting game then in terms of what bosses were killed and what gear those rogues were able to get from bosses.

Tell me if I'm making assumptions. You want end game gear which require druids. But you also believe that someone shouldn't be wasteful with their lix they use cash with to buy. Then everyone should just be leveling mages and rogues.

zendroid disagrees with the clan based system for "success" in the game so it matters not to him
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

I suggest class based bonuses. Something like

Druids gain +X% exp per kill and produce X% less aggression when casting on another player

Rogues gain +X% natural attack and X% damage

Warriors gain +X% defense and armor

Rangers gain +X% attack and X% exp

Mages gain +X% energy and spell damage
Sasuke579 - Warrior Lv220 - Main
Smirk - Rogue Lv120 - Alternate
Payload - Mage lv175 - Alternate
World: Mabon
Clan: Novalis
Raid Strategist
--------------------------------
Nastystonze - Rogue Lv112
World: Danu

Like I've said before
-Make vines insta cast and do dmg on hit
-Make swarm insta cast and do dmg on hit
-Reduce storm touch cooldown by half
Also might I add, decrease swarm energy cost significantly
I never really found a problem with swarms energy whenever I used an energy lix, but a lot of people do. So yeah that could be added as well.
DarkDruid67 Level 220+
Leader Of Revival
Taranis

So the grind got tough..lol.. just imagine what it'd be like tryna kill a boss without those druids you denied grouping way back when.. I'm sure you'd be wasting even more money then.
Zou and Dou of Avalon

Ranger 224+
Rogue 210+
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Dangezous
"Shoot first, ask questions later"

Zyz ... what I'm saying is that it is a rough spot druids find themselves in, and I have sympathy for druids. I will stand behind druids in their attempts to get changes to the game to up their dps and decrease the amount of lixes needed to level. I am in full support of druids. However, the problem lies in OTM's hands, not mine. I can't level druids out of sympathy at the expense of lixes I bought with my real money. Sorry. I feel for ya all. I really do. But I just can't do it. Truth is Zyz, i hardly ever grouped ANY class, so on my end, it's really not a druid thing ... although, out of all the classes, a druid is certainly the worst one to group with with if your a OP mage at certain levels with a lot of sigils.

Lets get real here Zyz ... I'm not accusing you personally of this, but lets just come out and say it. There are people on this board that spend THOUSANDS of dollars on this game. They can afford it. Fine. Their money. Have fun. But to them, wasting a couple of lixes isn't a big deal, because they can just go buy more. But to other people, $100 worth of lixes is extremely expensive and must be used to ultimate efficiency. Its REAL EASY (and grandstanding in my opinion) for people who spend THOUSANDS of dollars on this game to accuse people who don't of being A-holes or selfish because other people can't afford to waste lixes, when wasting $100 to THEM .... is A LOT different then wasting $100 to me or others. Its not equal.

It's a myopic, grandstanding, intellectually dishonest viewpoint.

But hey, thats what we deal with on here. You bring a subject up that effects most druids, and immedietly the comments come in "Your wrong. Its easy to level a druid in THE TOWER" You see, we are dealing with people who live in a myopic, bubble world that have lost perspective ... the bigger picture. They live in their endgame, tower world and see all issues in that framework ... when the truth is, most people won't reach endgame status BECAUSE of the very issues brought up. They can't get it.

Im acknowledging its not an ideal situation, and I'm acknowledging that its unfair to druids. In a perfect world, I would love to be able to waste lixes to help druids, but this game becomes EXPENSIVE. REALLY EXPENSIVE. and not everyone can throw money around. Unfortunately, druids suffer because of this.

The fix isn't that I, or others, show pity on druids and waste our lixes to help them (if helping them level is in fact wasting that person's lixes in your particular circumstance) ... I'm not saying nobody should, I'm not saying its not awesome if you do, I'm just saying ... the problem isn't that I won't help druids level at the expense of my lixes ... the problem is that OTM hasnt done anything about this for years. And the finger shouldn't be pointed at me or others as "the problem" when its really OTM's.

Ive given quality items away to people for free, and I've even given lixes away to certain individuals who i have noticed leveling for days with no lixes and barely leveling. Aileron's comment that i have no friends, etc ... is a cheap shot and he absolutely has no clue how many "friends" I have with people in the game nor how helpful I have been. But when i am USING a lix ... yea, sorry ... im getting FULL potential out of that sucker and I'm not gonna group anyone.

zendroid disagrees with the clan based system for "success" in the game so it matters not to him
But this is everyone's individual game on there individual devices, leveling shouldn't be a clan achievement, levelling should be a personal achievement..killing bosses is a clan achievement. I agree with zendroid, I don't think he's being selfish by not grouping a Druid, it's his game so why should he have to? Its silly that otm made a class so unbearable to level up past 100. It looks like they tried to make a social game where you need to group and that's how it use to be but these days people prefer to solo so otm should make changes to class skill to cater around that.

I wonder why most people prefer to solo now tho, personally I think it's boring as hell to solo and I have a lot more fun grouped which is why I play games..for the fun factor
Last edited by Romeo on Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.