Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: 441 Straight Snorri Spawns-19 6 stars

I think that part of the player frustration is that we don't understand why skain, Protus or gelly spawn rates and difficulty can be changed with a simple Monday morning type update and why snorri can not.
Changing spawn times is an easy selection using only requiring us to change a value in the data base and running a script.

Editing drop rates is a whole different ball game, many of the mobs drop rates get read from database files that require heavy amounts of editing and balancing to get correct.

We also would not want to rush a change while the team are busy working on future content as we are dealing with database files from a live mmo, a lot can go wrong and we would not wish to disrupt your time in Dal Riata.
Ok let's do this maldor how about fixing snorris timer to a hr then or even half a hr ..... Yes that would mean more camping but who cares for sure your gonna see way more snorris in a day then before of course drops are fine .... Just snorri rate needs to be up more i can handle random drops so one of them make Snorri spawn in 1 hr or 30 mins ... Or even make snorri have a way higher spawm rate and keep snorri at normal timer
RogueGods
Level 211 Rogue
MageGods
Level 204 Mage
NatureTouch
Level 175 Druid
Danu
------
Nutrition
Level 215 Rogue
Morrigan

I do think that by increasing the chances of 180 rd and decreasing the spawn time would act like a suitable hot fix until the dev team has time to properly address the issue though.

Not just for a weekend event either. I think it needs to last until a permanent fix is decided upon and implemented by the dev team.

Gelebrons changes were made due to the Arcane Sanctum being the most recent update.

We had initially planned changes for Snorri previously but decided against them due to player feedback.

Upon further review we have decided to re examine the bottleneck and have planned changes.

Thanks for the feedback!
Muldar...im not even an end-game player but I have been around a while. It is absolutely ridiculous to say that what the players said about snorri changed OTM's mind about changing his spawn rate. I'm sorry but as long as I can remember people have been going on and on about the snorri issue. Either OTM completely ignored all those people for years and just focused on the one or two people who possibly disagreed, or they literally don't read the feedback forums at all.
Design informed me it was end game players who provided the feedback, the change was implemented in a beta and the feedback provided within that beta so not all may have saw.

That being said we have decided to re evaluate the Snorri bottleneck and plan to implement changes.
which beta? sounds like BS to me
Oderint Dum Metuant.

I think that part of the player frustration is that we don't understand why skain, Protus or gelly spawn rates and difficulty can be changed with a simple Monday morning type update and why snorri can not.
Changing spawn times is an easy selection using only requiring us to change a value in the data base and running a script.

Editing drop rates is a whole different ball game, many of the mobs drop rates get read from database files that require heavy amounts of editing and balancing to get correct.

We also would not want to rush a change while the team are busy working on future content as we are dealing with database files from a live mmo, a lot can go wrong and we would not wish to disrupt your time in Dal Riata.
So in translation "the devs are working on another copy-paste event that will come and go but they don't have time to fix an issue that players b1tch about for years"
Reeeal nice.
Ranger lvl 215
Android,Fingal

What about changing the chances for a snorri boss? The biggest problem now is that sometimes we won't see a snorri boss for days. The spawn timers are fine in my opinion. It's just the rarity of a snorri boss. Like the title says... 441 snorri spawns and only 19 snorri bosses..
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

I agree the timer is fine as is but the 6* rate needs upping. It should average about 2 snorri per day at this point or about 1/7 chance at snorri. The 5* could use a bump too.

And while we are on this topic the stonelord and pyrus for frozen bp/weapon is nearly as bad and no tight window for easy camping. Many new players get pretty upset at this too but at least the 6* spawns were bumped up last year.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|