first 190 mage

Re: Mages vs rogues

Who is the better damage overall

if rogues use no haste and mages use no assassins lure
Who would get kills? I would love to know
Mage as ice
Mage as fire
Cheers
Depends on what theyre killing etc, mord for example, rogue would still get because of her high elemental resists, but a boss like 185/195 edl for fire mages, and 210 edl for ice, the mages would get kills easily. (and often times can even with pierce lured/hasted rogues)
Before haste comes into play, fire mages have the most pure dps in the game before resists are applied
Washed up Epona rogue that doesn't play
225 Rogue Toothpick
215 Warrior Anubis

^ Not exactly. It's not high elemental resist that stops mages from getting kills, it's the divine damage from rogues that makes their dps insane.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Who says mages can't auto attack
Post your build here please :lol:
Mabon
Killsteal LOCK Rogue Level 175
Killheal Druid level 195
Proud clansman of WolfGang

:roll: :roll: YOU CARE ENOUGH TO COMPLAIN BUT YOU DONT CARE ENOUGH TO EXPLAIN :roll: :roll:

:D :D :mrgreen: Thank You for the Snorri Patch! :mrgreen: :D :D

^ Not exactly. It's not high elemental resist that stops mages from getting kills, it's the divine damage from rogues that makes their dps insane.
Uhh it is precisely high resists that prevent mages from getting mord/necro kills. If your logic were true, rogues and rangers would also be getting kills on 185/195 over fire mages and 205/210 over ice mages. What's the difference between one of those edls vs mord, necro, 215? More ice and fire resists.

To answer original question, mage with no pierce lure would beat rogue with no haste for sure on hrungnir (I do even with hastes and pierce lure sometimes), and pretty certain on necro and mord as well. Fire mage still beats ice on every boss except 205 and 210
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs

Who says mages can't auto attack
Lol.
At levels under 120 there are some crazy but semi viable builds. End game not so much.

Don't forget some event bosses. I bet my alt Mage could out lock two rogue mains on rock, if no one died. There is a fire build Mage in my clan who routinely gets kills over rogues even on bosses where you wouldn't expect it. Having very pro gear and multiple cd reduce items definitely helps.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Uhh it is precisely high resists that prevent mages from getting mord/necro kills. If your logic were true, rogues and rangers would also be getting kills on 185/195 over fire mages and 205/210 over ice mages. What's the difference between one of those edls vs mord, necro, 215? More ice and fire resists.

To answer original question, mage with no pierce lure would beat rogue with no haste for sure on hrungnir (I do even with hastes and pierce lure sometimes), and pretty certain on necro and mord as well. Fire mage still beats ice on every boss except 205 and 210
What kind of icemages do you have? Someone our ice mages shoot some serious dps
MortalCreed 225 Rogue
EMT 136+ Druid
Zapto 215+ Mage
Noob of Avalon:D
FULL DOCH GUL+VOID DAGGER
My YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/ajhrygBzBBU

Our ice mages have godly iceblast braces, edl off, royal shards helms, etc. I only have maj fb brace dark fb skull royal fire magic necro ring and a couple royal spider fb rings. They have never beat me once (except 205/210). In fact, I still beat the fire mages with shadow skulls godly fb braces and imp+ spider rings. None of them gearswap like me :P

Due to long cooldowns ice mages have a very difficult time outdpsing a fire mage. Godly/void ice mage might beat a fire mage with dark/mighty, but an average geared fire mage beats an ice mage with great gear any day. Assuming ice/fire lures are equal
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs