Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Your quick guide to being a merchant

I have to disagree

If any it helps 200+ endgamers more than low levels because the 15% attack boost. Your everyday 200+ rogue nowadays have 5k base attack, for them alone it's roughly double attack gain on Attack lix compared to haste ring. Elites having 6-7k base attack gains almost 3 times attack gain on lix compared to Virtue ring. Your getting all these from just 1 ring slot

Sure poison dmg is poop on necro and tower. But the other half of raid bosses DL/Hrung/Mord it isn't and the 15s skill does more dps than 80(?) magic dmg on these(who maxes magic lure anyway)

All things said I'm not gonna get this ring ever cause I'm android and this just my 2 cents.
Adrohan - 226 Rogue, Fingal
Get kills or die trying!
First Mordris n Necro kill on Android, nuff said
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Adrohan

That doesn't mean anything tbh. One's who got kill could have absolutely amazing gear in all other slots, better stats distribution, and skills. All I'm saying is if player A and player B has almost same gear armor to rings with one slot open, One with reaper ring wins over virtue ring. At endgame people need numero uno gear than having multi millions sitting in inventory. If you have 4 better rings than reaper ring sure it isn't worth crap, otherwise it can be
Adrohan - 226 Rogue, Fingal
Get kills or die trying!
First Mordris n Necro kill on Android, nuff said
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Adrohan

Yep most naysayers never actually looked into how much attack you get with a reaper ring, nor how often you miss autos on bosses The lux haste ring isn't anywhere near in terms of stats.

Further the 100 dmg skill is slightly better for locking bosses over the haste ring.

People happily pay tons of money for the last 20% gain in performance.

Also while in the very long term (1yr +) many items do lose some value, quite a bit of event lux and gear increases in value for awhile after the event because directly better replacements are almost never released in the next event. This event has lux that gives skills while the next event will have high single type regen - they are quite different.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

The reaper is still good. Doing the math and not taking into account poison resist, the reaper does better than the 200 lux ring. However, it's not that much better in my opinion, and certainly not when you have to pay 5m for it. To me, that's like buying a 95% horse for 6m, when I already have an 85% mount. Is going 10% faster really worth 6m? To some it is. To me it's not. So to me the reaper is still good, but not good enough to bankrupt yourself to buy.

To get back to the original point, with the exception of the reaper, lux really isn't a good investment in the long term. Take a look at the Midnight Ammy. It was the best for a long time, until a better ammy came out and then it's price plummeted. The stargem set was sweet, but the next event brought the wyldgrove ammy and suddenly the stargem set was forgotten. I have seen many lux items over the years, and every single one of them has lost money over time. The exception is the reaper ring, but give it time. Eventually the reaper ring will drop in price as well.

If you are merching lux, expect to sell it quick. If not you will lose money on it.
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

Completely agree with @Bitey's second paragraph.

Don't be surprised if you see a better version of reaper ring, everyone who spent 3m+ on theirs will have massive losses.
Have seen this happen with other lux.

Only glimmer of hope is when you look at camo charms not being introduced, but some may argue that 50% camo mounts have made camo charms obsolete, and I agree there. A 80/50 dragonstaff is a better investment than a golden camo charm.

I think we will see a bracelet of some sort which will boost attack speed by 35-40 and have secondary stats will make reaper ring look like a haste ring. You heard it here first.
Wattzon of Sulis

Reaper rings aren't even all that great. People just come on the forums or clan chats in game and as soon as they see someone say "woah this item is OP" they'll buy it. At 5k attack a reaper will give me 750 attack vs my virtue ring at 400 attack and 50 magic damage. 350 attack vs 40 damage, who's the winner? Well nobody really knows. I'd say both those stats are insignificant and if I were on a haste lix I would replace a reaper or virtue ring with an emberdrake cunning, necro or a valour ring. Reaper rings aren't getting anyone any kills, I sure didn't need one to do it. Is it from skill composition or other gear? Maybe. But that just goes to show smarts vs stupidity, maybe if the guy invested 5m in a brain he could think for himself.

As for stargem sets... I seriously don't understand why anyone bought the set. The bracelet and ring stats weren't anything amazing and the set bonus was awful. I still use the damage str ammy because in my opinion it is the best dps ammy to date. The wyld ammy is nice however the 150 dex was a worthless stat to me and I didn't need any more hp.

Anyways I wasn't trying to insist that the numerical gold value of end game gear is going to be insanely high forever or continue to grow. What I'm saying is the gear I have now is worth a lot in many ways. My clan and I earned it through hard work and it is what makes me an elite player. No amount of gold would get me to sacrifice that.

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

Reaper ring is better than the 200 lux ring but is it worth the millions people are trying to sell it for? Definitely not at the moment. % gear scales with your toon thats why the reaper has remained as good as it is today but it totally depends on your situation. If you have a necro ring for example than it wont be worth using while hasted but someone outside of the dom clan who doesnt have such options may be willing to pay that much. Otm rarely release % boosting gear as well, something to keep in mind.
#NerfIdolsCutBossHP #DecreaseRaidWindows

Step 1: OTM implements an auction house
Step 2: finally be able to sell items without spamming every map to the point everyone is annoyed
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit!
I agree 100%. Merching sounds like a great way to make gold, but coming from a player who does not have the time to play for hours every day, we need an auction house. This game is a lot of fun to me. I never imagined being able to play a game like this on my mobile phone. But during the short times that i am able to get some play time in, i am not able to spend time standing in the castle or going from place to place shouting out what i need to buy or what i need to sell. I must spend that valuable time grinding so that i can slowly level up and maybe someday be a good player in this game.

An auction house would help part time players like me buy and sell things without having to be logged on all the time. For me, it's not about making the most gold or getting the top of the line rarest items. Right now I'm just trying to get the absolutely necessary gear and items that i need so that i can level up at a reasonable pace. I think an auction house would make those things a lot more accessible to lower level, part time players like myself. This would result in more people playing this game for the long haul instead of getting discouraged and quitting when they see high level players with gear that they will not be able to get unless they play for hours a day. The more part time players are able to get things that they need and make progress in this game, the more they will be willing to invest in this game and the more profitable this game will be for OTM.

Don't be surprised if you see a better version of reaper ring, everyone who spent 3m+ on theirs will have massive losses.
Sure if you don't count the close lock battles won by slightly better gear than your other end game players. As it is my reaper rings have made me millions and paid for themselves already. If a better ring came out today i wouldn't regret buying them even at peak price.

I've seen this happen with lots of lux.

Cars, bicycles, stereos, pretty much anything in any market you start to pay double, triple, quintuple+ for that last 20, 10 and 5% improvement. These extra costs get you nowhere in resale you lose more money the better your item is. Yet the market for these items is huge.

All mmos have exponential growth profiles, you start losing drops, get weaker compared to others, lose even more locks, get weaker still and soon enough you can't even compete anymore. If it weren't for lux shops being nearly as good as raid items the game would already be won by the 1%ers and everyone else would be locked out of all content making far less money for OTM.

In CH this makes the difference between winning drops and making it big and losing most lock battles and having a crappy inventory but saving 10m in gear.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|