Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

A game of frustrations

In other MMOs, killing a boss means the players are rewarded with items they can and will use.

Why can't CH always be like that?

Every end game clan knows that a vast majority of boss kills end up with feeling dejected that 'crap loot dropped yet again'. Once in a while, like twice a year, a clan will get a very nice drop, but it's too few and far between. It's a nice feeling when I see my clannies get gear and improve their characters after an organized endeavor like killing Mordris or Necro.

I can understand item rarity to keep players playing and paying in a game with few end game content, but the good items shouldn't be ultra rare that players just end up feeling frustrated instead of getting satisfaction from a successful boss kill. Our last 7 Mordris kills resulted in 27 items thrown into our junk bank account. I'm not even counting almost every Hrungnir and Necro drop in the last couple weeks.

Yep, game of frustrations, indeed.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Re: A game of frustrations

I've played a lot of mmos and I'd have to partially disagree haha

Not everyone plays from a large end game clan perspective, most servers have many smaller factions that if higher amounts of rarer tier gear dropped could affect the overall system and kill off clans. (You may not see that happening but from experience it has)

Similarly a lot of drops you may deem bankable others would like in these multi clan servers so not everyone is suffering the same degree of frustration. In larger clans I know it is easy to be we want strong loot we want to be top but not everyone plays from the same perspective.

I've found mmos to always be frustrating it's all about getting higher tier gear but fighting with clan members is the main enjoyment I found within the game. There will always be gear that is harder to get, I find it less frustrating and more challenging. Trying to be the clan that gets there first sometimes you do get it sometimes you don't.

And for all those who skimmed this and just read my level, sure I'm not end game in Celtic Heroes yet and I am trying to get there but I've been and game in other mmos so I partially know what I'm talking about :lol: .

But yes we are still reviewing the drop rate and looking into it. I asked the designers to run scripts to check the levels it has been dropping, it may not have for you but it has been for others.

I get the frustration guys I really do I've been there.

Killing any end game boss in CH is almost like buying an event chest.

Sometimes you get a really awesome item / reward out of the chest, but most of the time, like 99% of the time, you get just an OK reward or complete and absolute garbage.

End game bosses should not have this randomness in their loot table.

I would rather kill these bosses if they just dropped ONE godly/void item! Nothing else!

One guaranteed usable drop per boss kill would actually be a massive improvement on how many items get used and not thrown into the bank and forgotten.
A n e x a n d e r
Ranger of Avalon
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same when you are stupid.

I think the loot table is just fine changing it will unbalance the game and a lot would quit when there's nothing better to win.
Gen of clan ALLIANCE
SELF PRO CLAIMED GREATEST MAGE IN DAL RIATA
Lugh
Poisonous 220 mage
xDarkPrincesx 220 rogue
DaSnake 91 war
Poison Arrow -- ranger
Balor
Strike

Killing any end game boss in CH is almost like buying an event chest.

Sometimes you get a really awesome item / reward out of the chest, but most of the time, like 99% of the time, you get just an OK reward or complete and absolute garbage.

End game bosses should not have this randomness in their loot table.

I would rather kill these bosses if they just dropped ONE godly/void item! Nothing else!

One guaranteed usable drop per boss kill would actually be a massive improvement on how many items get used and not thrown into the bank and forgotten.
If they just drop the item you want 100% of the time would it be a mmo anymore? Would one clan get the drops then dominate every time? Would this kill off lower clans and cause issues?

These are all things to consider. It's all well and good to say they should drop these specific items but would that benefit the vast majority or the clan majority? Not every server has a large dominant clan and if these higher clans were jsut getting great drops would smaller clans see a point in joining?

(Also Hi Anex I saw your posts to the Celtic Heroes Subreddit when I was browsing it :lol: :) )

Muldar, in this game, one mans trash is still another mans trash.

There is no such thing as "What may seem bankable to you would be good to another clan"

Reason being? What is bankable to us is stuff that adds points to useless crappy skills. Skills that NOBODY uses. Not, as you seem to think, skills that only high level end-gamers dont use.

I'm sure some level 100 fighting trees in the otherworld would absolutely LOVE a mord item, even the most crappy one. But too bad for them, because the item has a level requirement of 180, and at that level, you would be out of your mind to consider using that crappy item.
PM me and I will do my best to help you with whatever you need.

Muldar, in this game, one mans trash is still another mans trash.

There is no such thing as "What may seem bankable to you would be good to another clan"

Reason being? What is bankable to us is stuff that adds points to useless crappy skills. Skills that NOBODY uses. Not, as you seem to think, skills that only high level end-gamers dont use.
It's easy to say NOBODY uses but when your field of perspective is your server is that true? It is easy to generalize when you are in an endgame clan that is finding it frustrating to get higher drops but there are plenty of players not on chat or on the forums using those items right now. (Checked)

When you are the clan after the drops it's easy to see it all as bankable but there are many servers with many players haha

I'm not here to debate it though, just give another perspective from a lower tier clan (Clan OTM Whooo!) and a guy who has seen servers diminished due to higher tier clans dominating.

I get the frustrations I do but not everyone feels that way. Vocal minority overpowering silent majority. We are still reviewing drop rates it may change.

It's easy to say NOBODY uses but when your field of perspective is your server is that true? It is easy to generalize when you are in an endgame clan that is finding it frustrating to get higher drops but there are plenty of players not on chat or on the forums using those items right now.
It is easy to say NOBODY because it is true.

Sure, maybe some low level just starting out in the game is using bandage wounds and light heal and sharp shot. But the problem is, they cannot even USE the end game drops that we are discussing.

I dare you on any server, in any clan, to find a single person level 185+ who will with a straight face tell you "Bandage wounds is a good skill and I actively use it"
In fact, lets make it easier. Screw using the skill. Try finding somebody who will even equip a bandage wounds brace.

I am not exaggerating at all. Literally not a single end game player uses these skills like sharp shot, barbed shot, sacrifice, energy harvest, bandage wounds....the list goes on. Now again, you may say "No end game player may use them, but a low level...." And to this I say "Stop bringing low levels into the mix. They have nothing to do with end-game, as they cannot even use the drops"
PM me and I will do my best to help you with whatever you need.

It's easy to say NOBODY uses but when your field of perspective is your server is that true? It is easy to generalize when you are in an endgame clan that is finding it frustrating to get higher drops but there are plenty of players not on chat or on the forums using those items right now.
It is easy to say NOBODY because it is true.

Sure, maybe some low level just starting out in the game is using bandage wounds and light heal and sharp shot. But the problem is, they cannot even USE the end game drops that we are discussing.

I dare you on any server, in any clan, to find a single person level 185+ who will with a straight face tell you "I want and will actively use a bandage wounds brace"

I am not exaggerating at all. Literally not a single end game player uses these skills like sharp shot, barbed shot, sacrifice, energy harvest, bandage wounds....the list goes on. Now again, you may say "No end game player may use them, but a low level...." And to this I say "Stop bringing low levels into the mix. They have nothing to do with end-game, as they cannot even use the drops"
I come from a perspective where we can run scripts and see the numbers haha the numbers are not nobody (I've been researching all of this for the loot review) .

I'm not saying its low levels, I'm saying there are other players outside your view. There's a whole wonderful mix of heroes on each server from different places speaking different languages :) (Shout out to the Russian clan on Balor haha)

I've been a high end game player in many mmos, if items I wanted dropped 100% of the time where would be the challenge? I know it's frustrating and honestly I could type till my hands are numb on why changing the drop rates on an item could effect server dynamics so harshly but many heroes would not see it that way and trust me I've been in that position.

I'm not here to debate or argue I'm just chatting as a player of mmos, I understand the frustration I know the feeling of wanting loot but there will always be rare items.

Once again. Under review guys :lol: It may change.

I think y'all need to change your perspectives and expectations of the tiered drops. Accept the fact that the royal/dark etc gear is what most people will be using. How useful the gear is-thats a seperate issue.
#NerfIdolsCutBossHP #DecreaseRaidWindows