Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Device Performance Issues

The game is now UNPLAYABLE on an iPad 2! Before BELTANE, occasional crashes would occur! Now, you cant see toons unless you are within and inch of them, typing is extremely laggy and crashes are constant.
Gwydion - Xei - Warrior - 215
Taranis - Iridescence - Rogue - 225

Just want to make the game better.

Re: Device Performance Issues

Yep the game is unplayable on iPad 2, iPhone 4,4s,5,5s and iPod 5. The game is now terrible on all lower end devices. It's ok but as soon as it gets crowded you lag lag lag then dc. You can't type you can't see its awful and on the absolute lowest settings possible.

Half our slain kg kept dc, raids are undo able, even trading in the castle is a constant pain.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Im doing fine on 5c atm
Which is the guts of a 5. How about when 30 people are around you do you do fine then?
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

Yep the game is unplayable on iPad 2, iPhone 4,4s,5,5s and iPod 5. The game is now terrible on all lower end devices. It's ok but as soon as it gets crowded you lag lag lag then dc. You can't type you can't see its awful and on the absolute lowest settings possible.

Half our slain kg kept dc, raids are undo able, even trading in the castle is a constant pain.
It's understandable that anything lower than iPhone 5 or iPad 4 is unplayable just because Apple design their products to fail once they're required to run high end games (iOS 6 is the req for this update) so that people will go out and buy a new device.
AlexTheL3gend - 220+ Warrior - Morrigan
Incineration - 205+ Ranger - Morrigan
Devastate - 180+ Rogue - Morrigan
Proud Clansman of Clan Avalon

It's understandable that anything lower than iPhone 5 or iPad 4 is unplayable just because Apple design their products to fail once they're required to run high end games (iOS 6 is the req for this update) so that people will go out and buy a new device.
I have 9 idevices and play every day. They went from fine to unusable during the update. No iOS change. There is no improvement to the game to justify this.

Further this is going to make a large player base unhappy.
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

I have 9 idevices and play every day. They went from fine to unusable during the update. No iOS change. There is no improvement to the game to justify this.

Further this is going to make a large player base unhappy.
Ah I thought the iOS requirement had changed, my bad. :D
(Edit: mixed the name quotes up somehow lol)
AlexTheL3gend - 220+ Warrior - Morrigan
Incineration - 205+ Ranger - Morrigan
Devastate - 180+ Rogue - Morrigan
Proud Clansman of Clan Avalon

The iOS required did change. I meant I did not update my iOS, it was already updated. So I did not have to change it.
220+ toons

Toon histogram:

My iPad 2 has been the same as normal and running perfectly even in crowded castle. It isn't on the latest iOS though.
I didn't have problems in castle till it hit about 45-50 ppl.

It's not just me, many clannies have this and people were popping in and out at raids. Only iPad air 2 and iPhone 6 seemed to be trouble free. I don't know anyone with an ipod6 but I expect them to work idk for sure.

Even 5s with all lower settings and nearly completely shortened detail and draw distance were crashing crashing.
220+ toons

Toon histogram: