Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: How is this 'Scamming'?

the guy was also harrassing me and made me waste idols.
:D
Oh come on. Block button fixes the 'harrassing'. So you wasted a few idols. It's still down right not nice what you've done. If you wanted to teach him a lesson, you would have given his stuff back and then tell him he's lucky he didn't get his stuff stolen. But instead you took his stuff.
Block button really doesn't do much of the person is set out to harass you or clannies. There was a player on my server who was kicked from his clan and all he dead was harass his ex-clannies. Now he got banned on his accounts and multiple device ban but he just resets his device to factory settings, downloads the game again, and creates more characters to harass people. There are a lot of people like this who just can't grow up and move on and when these people come around the block button just doesn't work. This person still does this occasionally and there really is nothing you can do cause he goes and hides in a separate area and manually whispers people.
In this instance this does not apply here since the guy is harrassing only 1 player not a whole clan. So for this situation the block button works.
~I'mdead~

so loco wants to buy 230 Endgame class for 20$?..
Hook me up! :o

I think ive heard this argument enough times to comment. Otm has a rule, dont trade your items and you can never get scammed.

Define scam: Informal n. A fraudulent business scheme; a swindle. (From dictionary.com)

A scam is a ploy to make quick cash basically. Did you plan it? No. Is it a scam then? No.

So what happened. He traded you items for free. Why did he do it? He was under the impression you would then give him your account. Does it serve him right for his stupidity? Yes.
What did he prob want? For you to give acc and pass, and then he would go on and take his items back.

But thats just the letter of the law. Fact is that you took his items for free while he was under a differant impression. If you dont have high enough morals to care about that, then you r set. If you have this feeling called guilt, then its best to return the items. What can otm do? Tell him that he traded his items, so its his fault, then ban him for buying/selling accounts. What can you do? Walk away with free items and feel good, or return them and feel good. Its really all up too you since no one else can do a thing.
If you feel guilt and are looking for justification, youve come to the wrong place. Just return the items, as it will serve you well in the long run. (Speaking of your feelings, not god or karma or anything like that.)
Last edited by Celts on Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
World- Mabon
Sopdu- 180 rogue-ranting
CelticsHero- 144 warrior-ranting
"Real leadership is leaders recognizing that they serve the people that they lead."
"no matter what we breed, we still are made of greed. This is my kingdom, come."

wasnt replying specifically to this situation, more so to people who say 'just block them and problem solved' to any harassment issue. I'm not referring to you guys but there are quite a few out there who think the block button is a magic wand that gets rid of all harassment.
Shadowbolt3- 224 Rogue
Shadmistress- 188 Mage
Shadowbolt2- 113 Warrior (Retired)
Helaman- 157 Locker Rogue
ShadShot- 89 Ranger
Shadow Bolt- 82 Druid
Raganos- 100 Warrior
World: Crom
Proud member of Seed

Well that doesn't justify the fact that you took the guys items, you did not scam but you stole his items. I know he harrassed you and made you waste idols but it does not get you the previlage to take his items. Trades are final but in my perspective I don't like the rule. The guy probably learn his lesson and quit. It really sickens me how bad this community is.
how did i scam, he traded it to me for nothing, i never aggreed to sell him my account.

if i give his stuff back he would probably do it to someone else.
Wish there was a block button on the forums for people's self justifications.

A) Take the stuff or B) give it back. Just don't expect everyone's approval if you choose A)
Last edited by Landoril on Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Landoril 221 Ranger
Denoril 170 Rogue
Hateril. Hat holder
Pageril...well you get the idea

Epona (The little server that could)

Well that doesn't justify the fact that you took the guys items, you did not scam but you stole his items. I know he harrassed you and made you waste idols but it does not get you the previlage to take his items. Trades are final but in my perspective I don't like the rule. The guy probably learn his lesson and quit. It really sickens me how bad this community is.
how did i scam, he traded it to me for nothing, i never aggreed to sell him my account.
You're just trying to justify why it's okay to keep the stuff
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Is it against the TOS/bannable offense? No it's not.

Is it the morally correct thing to do/justifiable? Really it's not cut and dry. Account buying is against the TOS and yet many people do it. It ruins the game for honest people who play by the rules.

If this person was a repeat offender and or generally being unfair to other players in other ways then I would say yes it probably is justified to keep everything. OTM dosent get involved much so player justice ftw.

If they are a new player and didn't know about the tos/were unfamiliar with it being enforced then it probably WAS a good idea to take the items. But you should return them after some time like a few hours to a day with the message that this is what happens nearly every time except I'm the exception nearly everyone else will scam you. Even if I gave you the user ID and PW I'd just report the account stolen and then I'd get the items and you would be banned possibly on more accounts than just the bough one. Don't do this again and hope they learn.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

I did not say you scammed, I said you STOLE his items. It is a huge difference. I also know you never to sell your account but you took is items and that is morally wrong. You should return his items or face the consequences later because he could find a way for otm to ban you even if you didn't really do anything bad. By taking his items you ruined the game from him. How would you feel if your stuff was taken away?
~I'mdead~