Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

I like level lock (death wish)

I understand the frustrations of an elite clan losing lock to a group of lower-level rivals.
Elite clans have earned their positions by a lot of hard work.

That said, elite clans still effectively dominate their worlds.

For CH to continue to be a top MMO, there needs to be a steady influx of fresh new players.
Coupled with this, aspiring lower-level clans need a possible way to eventually compete with the top-tier clans.
Merging with a top-tier clan is not always a viable option, because some top-tier clans want to maintain a smaller size, or because the younger clan wants to earn its own way.

Top clans already own most of the best drops in the game. Many top clan banks hold gobs and gobs of gear that may never be used. It's just in there because the clan doesn't need it, having already been enriched by better drops.

I see the level lock system as being one small means of enabling an aspiring clan to continue to progress toward its goals.

Elite top clans still hold the cake. They will continue growing in strength, as they are the first to kill each new raid boss that is introduced to the game.

I really like level lock. Kill me.
Kril - Chief Editor, The Dal Riata Enquirer
lev 228 Rogue - Gwydion

Clan Relentless

Give a man a flame, you warm him for a day.
Set a man aflame, you warm him for the rest of his life.

Re: I like level lock (death wish)

The lower clans are just sticking their fingers in the icing :lol:

I like target lock too.

The only time we truly see people complaining about the target lock is when it is inconvenient.

This morning I was killing Brutus when two level 70's joined in. (leveling on Druids) at half way, target lock went to them. It's frustrating having to back up to wait for a reset.

Had a few more showed up, I would have lost Brutus and the one drag frag it came with.
And that is not a big deal!! I would have been happy that someone other than myself FINALLY got a SINGLE (or very few) KILL!

Losing one drop or one kill when you completely dominate a world is not something to complain about! I hate seeing top clans complaining about lower levels winning target lock.

Rant over, target lock works as intended.
Mabon
Killsteal LOCK Rogue Level 175
Killheal Druid level 195
Proud clansman of WolfGang

:roll: :roll: YOU CARE ENOUGH TO COMPLAIN BUT YOU DONT CARE ENOUGH TO EXPLAIN :roll: :roll:

:D :D :mrgreen: Thank You for the Snorri Patch! :mrgreen: :D :D

^As lvl 140, I wouldnt compare brutus with drags u can buy for 4k to snorri, where u waste resources to win lock, lose, and not able to get crowns to ppl who still need it, just as much as the 'new players'.
Rather than new players, the game has to keep the players that have showed loyalty and invested in game.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

In a world where competition and rivalry are rampart, level lock does matter, so if you're in Epona, Lugh, you will not see how level lock really affects all players.

Personally as a higher lvl you feel useless on snorri when more than half your clan needs crowns. Lots still need their desired hrung gear so it would be ignorant to say that people farm it for fun or to stop lower levels in having a chance.

Once Gelebron is out, not many will bother will hrung but with level lock, leveling up is never the same.
Wattzon of Sulis

Also btw as of gearing alts, I believe even the clans containing lower lvls gear their alts, so when ppl bring up the 'the dominant clan is just gearing their alts' argument its pointless. Thought to make that clear before it goes down to that.

Loyalty and investments are dandy and all, but if you completely get rid of all new potentially loyal and investing players by not allowing them the chance at end game (taking away lvl lock) then your loyal and investing players wont have new recruits to replace those players that are gone for awhile or leave entirely. The game only runs with both new players and old players, and lvl locking keeps both around

So until lvl lock will start affecting high lvls more to make them quit, we need to support a system so maybe low lvls will join? Add content for low lvls and make grind easier, until 180 I dont think they care much from lvl-based lock.

The reason level lock is fair is that it was meant to stop high levels from killing mobs they don't need over the players that need them. However, this is unfair because the high levels still need the mobs that the low levels need.

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

The problem is not level lock, the problem is that a lvl 220 player needs to kill hrung to update his gear because the drop tables are so bad or he needs to kill snorri to get his offhand because crown drops are so rare
+1
Kril - Chief Editor, The Dal Riata Enquirer
lev 228 Rogue - Gwydion

Clan Relentless

Give a man a flame, you warm him for a day.
Set a man aflame, you warm him for the rest of his life.