Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Letting weaker players win endgame bosses

#402
I haven't really been keeping up with this topic...also haven't read the first 39 pages, so this may have been mentioned.


The lock system was implemented so that a group of 185 can out dps 220s. That is the main reason it was implemented. Hrung drops gear for 170-185, so thats the level range it is targeted at. I realize that hrung gear is still decent for 220s, but still, its aimed at 180s. Target lock also gives other clans a chance...just because people are 220 and are in a clan that usually gets endgame bosses, doesn't mean that others shouldn't get it.

To be perfectly honest, pretty much everyone who complains about the lock system is in a dominant clan. And they complain because they don't like to share. I hate all the arguing that "oh I spent thousands of dollars on this game to speed through to 220, and now I deserve to get all the good stuff, instead of the lower, weaker players who want to compete". (Possibly over exaggerating a tiny bit, but this is what it usually looks like).

The target lock system was implemented to give lower levels a chance to get bosses that they need, because what would usually happen is higher levels would almost always get the kill, due to having higher dps. That led to one clan collecting all the high levels, and thus getting all the drops, with much smaller clans trying to survive on what they could sneak past the large clan. With target lock, it made it more fair...all the people trying to stay at the highest level to do the most damage, found themselves slightly less useful, while the lower leveled survivors were able to get a few more bosses. But everyone probably knows how the target lock system works, so I'll leave it at that.

Basically my point is, higher levels shouldn't be able to outlock lower levels. If you want to kill the boss so badly, group a few lower levels. Also, if the point of killing hrung is to get gear for alts...the solution is extremely simple. use your alts to fight for the boss!!

I remember hearing a while ago about two clans on a world that would take turns killing aggy. That is awesome, but would probably never happen on most worlds. The least people can do is not complain if they lose a boss to another clan just because the other clan level range was what the boss encounter was created for...


PS, yes I am in one of the small non-dominant clans, and yes, I kind of am complaining...but about all you dominant players complaining. The game is decent as it is.
Eragon123 - lvl 220 ranger
Zamorak1 - lvl 220 mage
Sulis
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Go Team #WorldSkillsUSA!
Rabid Glitter Squirrel Wrangler
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.

Check out the fan-made Celtic Heroes Database: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: Letting weaker players win endgame bosses

#403
Guthix123 wrote:I haven't really been keeping up with this topic...also haven't read the first 39 pages, so this may have been mentioned.


The lock system was implemented so that a group of 185 can out dps 220s. That is the main reason it was implemented. Hrung drops gear for 170-185, so thats the level range it is targeted at. I realize that hrung gear is still decent for 220s, but still, its aimed at 180s. Target lock also gives other clans a chance...just because people are 220 and are in a clan that usually gets endgame bosses, doesn't mean that others shouldn't get it.

To be perfectly honest, pretty much everyone who complains about the lock system is in a dominant clan. And they complain because they don't like to share. I hate all the arguing that "oh I spent thousands of dollars on this game to speed through to 220, and now I deserve to get all the good stuff, instead of the lower, weaker players who want to compete". (Possibly over exaggerating a tiny bit, but this is what it usually looks like).

The target lock system was implemented to give lower levels a chance to get bosses that they need, because what would usually happen is higher levels would almost always get the kill, due to having higher dps. That led to one clan collecting all the high levels, and thus getting all the drops, with much smaller clans trying to survive on what they could sneak past the large clan. With target lock, it made it more fair...all the people trying to stay at the highest level to do the most damage, found themselves slightly less useful, while the lower leveled survivors were able to get a few more bosses. But everyone probably knows how the target lock system works, so I'll leave it at that.

Basically my point is, higher levels shouldn't be able to outlock lower levels. If you want to kill the boss so badly, group a few lower levels. Also, if the point of killing hrung is to get gear for alts...the solution is extremely simple. use your alts to fight for the boss!!

I remember hearing a while ago about two clans on a world that would take turns killing aggy. That is awesome, but would probably never happen on most worlds. The least people can do is not complain if they lose a boss to another clan just because the other clan level range was what the boss encounter was created for...


PS, yes I am in one of the small non-dominant clans, and yes, I kind of am complaining...but about all you dominant players complaining. The game is decent as it is.


To your point about it only being dominant clans complaining well of course it would only be them complaining bc it's flawed game mechanics, for a long long time I was not part of the dominant clan and we did use the flawed game mechanics to our advantage so I have been on both sides of the coin , and I'm saying the things I've said in this post on the straight up fairness perspective. It should not be that any players dominant clan or not can exploit flawed game mechanics. That being said I have since retired from Ch about 3-4 months ago bc this game is rather pointless and can affect your rl if you get too into the game . The suggestions I made was in attempts to give a FAIR solution to ALL the players which I think I affectively gave a good solution to the issue of getting the mh and oh . It's not about greed it's about exploitation of flawed game mechanics.
Nueee lvl 222 Ranger
Arawn

Selfie lvl 125+ rogue ( Retired)
Lugh

Best rapper in the ch community
http://www.soundcloud.com
Search Nue Sizemore

Re: Letting weaker players win endgame bosses

#404
((About my post))
nueee wrote:
To your point about it only being dominant clans complaining well of course it would only be them complaining bc it's flawed game mechanics, for a long long time I was not part of the dominant clan and we did use the flawed game mechanics to our advantage so I have been on both sides of the coin , and I'm saying the things I've said in this post on the straight up fairness perspective. It should not be that any players dominant clan or not can exploit flawed game mechanics. That being said I have since retired from Ch about 3-4 months ago bc this game is rather pointless and can affect your rl if you get too into the game . The suggestions I made was in attempts to give a FAIR solution to ALL the players which I think I affectively gave a good solution to the issue of getting the mh and oh . It's not about greed it's about exploitation of flawed game mechanics.



Yes it is dominant clans complaining...but it is because of...not exactly greed, but close to it, not because of flawed game mechanics (which the main ones are the skills, boss drops, and pvp, but thats for a different topic).

There are no flawed game mechanics with regard to target lock. It is extremely simple...boss encounters are tailored to a specific level range, and along with that comes the fact that if you are NOT in that level range, its much hard for you. No flawed game mechanics...just mostly fair gameplay.

Instead of talking about target lock, lets talk about why a level 100 with 1k dmg doesnt do more than 50 or so dmg to a fully lured level 180??? That makes no sense...must be flawed game mechanics!! (Heavy sarcasm implied...please dont start off topic with this :lol: ). Just as it wouldn't make sense for low levels to do full damage to high levels, high levels shouldn't have an equal chance at getting bosses as lower levels. It just would make the game completely unfair.
Eragon123 - lvl 220 ranger
Zamorak1 - lvl 220 mage
Sulis
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Go Team #WorldSkillsUSA!
Rabid Glitter Squirrel Wrangler
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.

Check out the fan-made Celtic Heroes Database: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: Letting weaker players win endgame bosses

#405
This image presents itself in my mind after reading through a great number of these posts, it's like these higher level players have become used to being allowed to re-enter said line and still have a placement towards the beginning of the line. Now that the other players have finally achieved a high enough level and good enough gear to attempt to defeat the boss the higher level players do not "re-enter" the line at the beginning of "the line".
That being said these lower level high levels have geared and leveled enough to defeat the boss which was designed for their level of preparedness, not to compete with another clan of a higher caliber.

Also, have a heart and stop being stingy.
~ TehGuyGaming ~

Main Lvl 125 Warrior TehGuy
~ Belenus ~ Clansman of Sylph ~

Re: Letting weaker players win endgame bosses

#406
The problem is that level lock is often exploited. It encourages people to keep a low level, after all there are currently no raid bosses that drop useful gear over 180. "Honest" players who progress and try to get drops will have hardly any opportunity - the only way is to bank on people who level to 220 just cause or that want xdl when it doesn't offer the 66% more dps needed to outdo lvl200 people.

In short it encourages people to game the system and hasn't accomplished even half of what it was supposed to.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Re: Letting weaker players win endgame bosses

#407
Plus3 wrote:The problem is that level lock is often exploited. It encourages people to keep a low level, after all there are currently no raid bosses that drop useful gear over 180. "Honest" players who progress and try to get drops will have hardly any opportunity - the only way is to bank on people who level to 220 just cause or that want xdl when it doesn't offer the 66% more dps needed to outdo lvl200 people.

In short it encourages people to game the system and hasn't accomplished even half of what it was supposed to.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Re: Letting weaker players win endgame bosses

#408
Plus3 wrote:The problem is that level lock is often exploited. It encourages people to keep a low level, after all there are currently no raid bosses that drop useful gear over 180. "Honest" players who progress and try to get drops will have hardly any opportunity - the only way is to bank on people who level to 220 just cause or that want xdl when it doesn't offer the 66% more dps needed to outdo lvl200 people.

In short it encourages people to game the system and hasn't accomplished even half of what it was supposed to.


Ok, makes sense....however my main point still stands. Why would level 220s want to kill hrung? Or to phrase it better, why do level 220s feel that they deserve to get hrung instead of lower levels who arguably need the gear more (since they dont have full edl, and maybe not even full dl).

I would agree that staying at level 180 only to get endgame gear does make it a little unfair, however, just wait until gelebron comes out! Then they have 30 levels to go until they can even be useful at gelebron!
Eragon123 - lvl 220 ranger
Zamorak1 - lvl 220 mage
Sulis
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Go Team #WorldSkillsUSA!
Rabid Glitter Squirrel Wrangler
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.

Check out the fan-made Celtic Heroes Database: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: Letting weaker players win endgame bosses

#409
Guthix123 wrote:Ok, makes sense....however my main point still stands. Why would level 220s want to kill hrung? Or to phrase it better, why do level 220s feel that they deserve to get hrung instead of lower levels who arguably need the gear more (since they dont have full edl, and maybe not even full dl).

I would agree that staying at level 180 only to get endgame gear does make it a little unfair, however, just wait until gelebron comes out! Then they have 30 levels to go until they can even be useful at gelebron!

But Gelebron is not out, and right now Hrungnir has some of the best end game gear for level 220s. Think of the Shadowstrike helm, or all of the caster skulls. Think of the damage bracelets, and the damage rings. This is why level 220s want to kill Hrungnir. This is why level 220s need to kill Hrungnir. This is why level 220s feel they deserve to get Hrungir "instead of lower levels who arguably need the gear more."
Image

Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

Re: Letting weaker players win endgame bosses

#410
Guthix123 wrote:
Plus3 wrote:The problem is that level lock is often exploited. It encourages people to keep a low level, after all there are currently no raid bosses that drop useful gear over 180. "Honest" players who progress and try to get drops will have hardly any opportunity - the only way is to bank on people who level to 220 just cause or that want xdl when it doesn't offer the 66% more dps needed to outdo lvl200 people.

In short it encourages people to game the system and hasn't accomplished even half of what it was supposed to.


Ok, makes sense....however my main point still stands. Why would level 220s want to kill hrung? Or to phrase it better, why do level 220s feel that they deserve to get hrung instead of lower levels who arguably need the gear more (since they dont have full edl, and maybe not even full dl).

I would agree that staying at level 180 only to get endgame gear does make it a little unfair, however, just wait until gelebron comes out! Then they have 30 levels to go until they can even be useful at gelebron!

36 levels until they will be useful at gelebron to be precise :P
Oderint Dum Metuant.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Raburto and 28 guests