Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Letting weaker players win endgame bosses

I see comments from people on other servers so it is not a res vs bada issue...it is a broken game issue.
Explain the mention of 'rival clan' as stated in Smellyunder's post. Also, I'm sure there is not another set of Resurgence and Badabing out there with the same exact names. But I am positive that a game mechanic is blamed only to halt the progress of a group of players, which in your defense, must not exist as rivals because you know...as you've said, "it is a broken game issue". I truly don't think that is a valid statement. But I respect you and your points. However, I must not agree with them.
Over 3k results for "target lock" before this topic, so all are smelly whining? It's been complained about since day one.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (214.68 KiB) Viewed 1638 times
Thyra 204 rogue (Rosmerta)

Faolan Wariche 224 warrior (Arawn retired)

I am 197 and need to complete the dl main and offhand quests still but your lock groups stop me from doing it, so can I join your lock groups for drops?
I'm absolutely positive you can! But will your clan allow for it? I see a game of free-verse and universal prosperity, a free-for-all. I'd love to see everyone achieve their goals rather than to see the few constrain the vital progression that is our very purpose of the game.
Pavillion. Arawn.

TheOath Family.

Level lock is a clever mechanism meant to create separation or pavi's "divide" between 'groups' in the game. The only valid points brought up are aggro penalisation from levelling and the rubbish drops that make hrung, mordy, and even aggy still desirable to level 220s. Rather than complain about lock level, you guys should focus on why you would still want to lock these bosses and move on from there. Furthermore, this lock system has existed for years now... Can people honestly say they did not see this coming (and therefore prepare for it)?

There is a much bigger game out there then just arawn... This is something that's abused by people that take advantage of a flawed system. I see complaints from other worlds on here as well so instead of being so worried about one world talk about game as a whole. Otm made tower and many rushed to level to kill the next boss but that doesn't mean those should be punished by a flawed system here. People that leveled can't unlevel lol but others that rely on this crutch can level and then see who is the best that's true competition not this handcapped getting a trophy for showing up stuff. Let's be real here the only reason your defending it is cause your abusing it plain and simple

I see comments from people on other servers so it is not a res vs bada issue...it is a broken game issue.
Explain the mention of 'rival clan' as stated in Smellyunder's post. Also, I'm sure there is not another set of Resurgence and Badabing out there with the same exact names. But I am positive that a game mechanic is blamed only to halt the progress of a group of players, which in your defense, must not exist as rivals because you know...as you've said, "it is a broken game issue". I truly don't think that is a valid statement. But I respect you and your points. However, I must not agree with them.
Over 3k results for "target lock" before this topic, so all are smelly whining? It's been complained about since day one.
Yes and how long has clan rivalry existed, I must ask. If you mean to change the social aspect of the game then by all means I wish for you to do so. I can't stand for endless rivalry. Smellyunder isn't necessarily whining. That's a harsh word. He's bringing up complaints that didn't really illustrate the matters at hand. This rival group he mentioned was prepared to take on Hrung. That's that. You can't blame a game mechanic for the fault of an absence of preparedness.
Pavillion. Arawn.

TheOath Family.

Pavi once again it's not about making foes and it's not about one hrung. That hrung only precipitated a discussion of an issues that has been on many people's minds. So let's please stop derailing this discussion to that one boss fight. This is a broader discussion that impacts all servers and players.
Then why would there be a need for this thread, Irbetazenpj? If you wish for something then please just state the wish and don't mention anything more. This is a direct argument against something. I won't say what because if I do, I'd only be thrown off as irrelevant.
Last edited by Pavillion on Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pavillion. Arawn.

TheOath Family.

Pavi once again it's not about making foes and it's not about one hrung. That hrung only precipitated a discussion of an issues that has been on many people's minds. So let's please stop derailing this discussion to that one boss fight. This is a broader discussion that impacts all servers and players.
Then why would there be a need for this thread, Irbetazenpj? If you wish for something then please just state the wish and don't mention nothing more. This is a direct argument against something. I won't say what because if I do, I'd only be thrown off as irrelevant.
I already stated my wish. It's simple, lock system needs to be reevaluated or removed. It was in my first post.