Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Letting weaker players win endgame bosses

The AGGY grim is equivalent to 250 focus, the edl wand is 300 focus and the Mordis grim is equivalent to 425 focus. The Mordis grim beats the dl one hands down, but the aggy one is only 50 focus lower than the EDL wand! It is from a level 150 boss.... That's why high level clans need low level bosses
You forgot about hrung skulls. More mages prefer those on my world, esp the firestorm and shards.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

If you're that ignorant to believe people won't keep camping snorri even if barely anyone in their clan needs anymore your more ignorant than I thought, look at falgren, it's still killed for drags to sell to noobs, I myself prefer to give discs and rems freely to noobs, gwyidon has little enough people coming in as is without making it x10 harder for them to get high lvl
Oderint Dum Metuant.

The AGGY grim is equivalent to 250 focus, the edl wand is 300 focus and the Mordis grim is equivalent to 425 focus. The Mordis grim beats the dl one hands down, but the aggy one is only 50 focus lower than the EDL wand! It is from a level 150 boss.... That's why high level clans need low level bosses
You forgot about hrung skulls. More mages prefer those on my world, esp the firestorm and shards.
True Plus, but I wanted a simple comparison, this does increase dps a lot, but it was harder to quantify quickly for a comparison to the EDL wand. My point in general is that OTM did not make the EDL items better than what a level 220 can get from a level 180 boss. End Game players will continue to need gear from the lower level bosses. If you are in an underdog clan, as I am, it is your job to organize and work hard to get it. But high level clans should not be excluded from these bosses, they have the majority of end game players after all.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (103.92 KiB) Viewed 1643 times
Belenus
GARAT level 198 Ice Mage
Started playing at the beginning of Sahmain 2012

The Mage's best weapon is a calculator!

Just to break it down for those wondering, Ice Shard is something like a 1 second cast and a 10 or 11 second cool-down. I assumed 10 for the ease of calculation. That makes it an 11 second skill cast to cast. With the skull it is 8 seconds.

Then I assume a base of 2000 focus, and 3000 Ice Magic just to make it easy. I add the level 50 shard damage to the level 50 attune damage, and throw in 200 direct damage, just assuming there is an event item in there somewhere.

I add the pertinent stats from the weapons, and devide by 11 to get DPS. For the skull I devide the base skill number by 8. Here is DPS for the various items
Base: 878.5
EDL: 916.7
Mordis Void Grim: 935.0
Void Skull: 1207.8

It makes the skull look impressive but remember, all of your other skills are lower too, because you give up the focus and ice magic. So overall dps might not be so dramatic on the skull. But it is more than likely to be higher than the EDL Wand.
Belenus
GARAT level 198 Ice Mage
Started playing at the beginning of Sahmain 2012

The Mage's best weapon is a calculator!

People bringing this up is pointless. OTM clearly went with favorism for the percentage of people that play Celtic Heroes, lower levels. There are more lower levels on your server than end-game players. U will just have to accept the feature OTM programmed into the game. OTM will not change the whole game from one perspective. Is the lock system totally penalizing you from getting any of these end-game drops, or crowns from snorri? I doubt it. OTM must do what they can to make money and stick with product placement; it is a business. By the way, I am an end-game player from Sulis, and the clan im in has been outlocked by rival clans for as long as I've joined. We have had our complaints but we are still moving in the right direction. This is just pointless fodder.

If you're that ignorant to believe people won't keep camping snorri even if barely anyone in their clan needs anymore your more ignorant than I thought, look at falgren, it's still killed for drags to sell to noobs, I myself prefer to give discs and rems freely to noobs, gwyidon has little enough people coming in as is without making it x10 harder for them to get high lvl
If we dont need a boss anymore we stop killing and let other clans take them on. We will kill only if it is left up and we have nothing else to do. But camping a boss solely to prevent others from getting it? Quite sad imo but gladly i dont think this is the case for the majority of the servers so the crowns dropping from raid bosses isnt such a bad idea
#NerfIdolsCutBossHP #DecreaseRaidWindows

If we dont need a boss anymore we stop killing and let other clans take them on. We will kill only if it is left up and we have nothing else to do. But camping a boss solely to prevent others from getting it? Quite sad imo but gladly i dont think this is the case for the majority of the servers so the crowns dropping from raid bosses isnt such a bad idea
Your server obviously dosent have heavy competition, it's not sad it's tactics
Oderint Dum Metuant.

Your server obviously dosent have heavy competition, it's not sad it's tactics
It is sad. This is a video game, not a real life competition where the winner gets a bunch of cash or a vehicle or some tangible object. We're talking virtual items.

To do something simply to prevent others from gaining is terrible sportsmanship, selfish entitlement, and those clans that engage in this should themselves be prevented from getting gear.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Just to break it down for those wondering, Ice Shard is something like a 1 second cast and a 10 or 11 second cool-down. I assumed 10 for the ease of calculation. That makes it an 11 second skill cast to cast. With the skull it is 8 seconds.

Then I assume a base of 2000 focus, and 3000 Ice Magic just to make it easy. I add the level 50 shard damage to the level 50 attune damage, and throw in 200 direct damage, just assuming there is an event item in there somewhere.

I add the pertinent stats from the weapons, and devide by 11 to get DPS. For the skull I devide the base skill number by 8. Here is DPS for the various items
Base: 878.5
EDL: 916.7
Mordis Void Grim: 935.0
Void Skull: 1207.8

It makes the skull look impressive but remember, all of your other skills are lower too, because you give up the focus and ice magic. So overall dps might not be so dramatic on the skull. But it is more than likely to be higher than the EDL Wand.
Another way to put this is I have never even seen a mage use their mainhand dl or edl for any real fight. It's so hard to get by the time you do other better gear will have come your way. Druids are basically just as bad. When I got my dl totem i equipped it for 5 minutes then put it away and have never even used it once for anything. It was a ginormous waste of time and basically happened as a byproduct of getting the mele classes their weapons whom you do often see used, esp on chaos adds/bosses.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|