Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Letting weaker players win endgame bosses

Thank you all for your feedback. What is clear reading the 20 plus pages of comments are:
1. Lock system is flawed
2. Lock system messed up endgame bosses like hrung which still gives endgame players the best drops

Lock system needs to be scrapped for hrung, mordy and necro.
+1 but I think that should be extended to all 6* bosses.
Awen1: 220, Ranger
BladeZ: 220, Rogue
Dmg: 200, Mage
Server: Morrigan
Avalon

@Vraelen, eventually, lvling is the most important thing in the game, we all want to kill bosses but we dont expect to do that without lvling. We all want good items but they have lvl req, eventually, lvling is the very basic of the game, and everything else is built on it, just being the most important thing in the game DOESNT mean that lvl cap should be increased over and over.

EDIT: Working hard is not just lvling, but part of prepartion is lvling as well, as u dont expect to kill a boss at lvl 1 if u just prepare well and camp. U can plan, camp and prepare, but without the lvl its all meaningless.
I have to disagree. Level is important, but not the most important in the game. I didn't come to Ch to level all day and night... Everything is built on survivability and raid kill ability, which is dependent on level as well as gear, planning, cooperation, etc.

You are right, you can not expect planning to carry you through a boss as a level one. However, the idea is that you reach a level near to that of the boss and then you need everything else.

In the end, quite frankly, it would seem that it is not even a matter of opinion. Level is not the most important thing in the game not in the least due to the existence of target lock, which would make careful long term planning the most important.

I dont see how making 8 lvl 180 rogues is long term planning more than it is taking abuse of something. I think that aiming to get stronger (lvl and gear available for that gear) counts more as planning than making an alt, lvling to 180 instead of 220 and just parking at snorri for whenever.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

I dont see how making 8 lvl 180 rogues is long term planning more than it is taking abuse of something. I think that aiming to get stronger (lvl and gear available for that gear) counts more as planning than making an alt, lvling to 180 instead of 220 and just parking at snorri for whenever.
Why? I mean, creating alt groups for the sake of locking permanently and preventing others from ever getting drops is, in my mind, abuse. However, if I have the insight to realise I will screw my friends/clannies by levelling beyond the useful range of levels and, in the larger theory, entering a new stage of the game, I think it is not abuse. In fact, as a main who has avoided levelling because, 'surprise, surprise!' the lock system locks you into a different niche, I find that it is a just reward for resisting the temptation to charge into the next niche of the game without items desired from the previous niche.

Thank you all for your feedback. What is clear reading the 20 plus pages of comments are:
1. Lock system is flawed
2. Lock system messed up endgame bosses like hrung which still gives endgame players the best drops

I think loot system is more flawed than lock system.

Clans that have been killing Hrung and Mordris for 2+ years shouldve gotten everything they need from these bosses, and then some, which paves the way for other upcoming clans to farm them.

Does OTM really expect us to kill Hrung forever? it's B.S.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

1. Lock system is flawed

I think loot system is more flawed than lock system.

Clans that have been killing Hrung and Mordris for 2+ years shouldve gotten everything they need from these bosses, and then some, which paves the way for other upcoming clans to farm them.

Does OTM really expect us to kill Hrung forever? it's B.S.
Flawed loot system is their solution to a lack of content. If the system wasnt flawed, everyone would be moaning about there not being anymore raid bosses after getting their desired drops, thats where snorri legit also comes in.

Really sad whats been going on behind the picture we've been given seasonal events with fashion, chests to keep us busy while expansions have been delayed, reason why many quit.
Wattzon of Sulis

^^ But players are creating alt groups because main players are not leveling past a certain point to take advantage of the lock system.

8 lvl 180s should not be able to outlock 8 lvl 205s or above
If both of those groups start at the same time, hopefully as a result of mutual camping, then the group with people who are closer to the level of what is being killed should outlock. In my opinion, of course.

Most high levels are looking at the entire problem from only the target lock position. However, the real problem is the loot system. Adjust the drop rates and add more bosses so that there is successful separation.

Beyond that, in my opinion, further arguing is just greed and stupidity because people either want to keep others from gear forever or people want to rush to the end and still have the benefits of everything they missed. In both cases, the lock system is working as intended.

^^ But players are creating alt groups because main players are not leveling past a certain point to take advantage of the lock system.

8 lvl 180s should not be able to outlock 8 lvl 205s or above
If both of those groups start at the same time, hopefully as a result of mutual camping, then the group with people who are closer to the level of what is being killed should outlock. In my opinion, of course.

Most high levels are looking at the entire problem from only the target lock position. However, the real problem is the loot system. Adjust the drop rates and add more bosses so that that there is successful separation.

Beyond that, in my opinion, further arguing is just greed and stupidity because people either want to keep others from gear forever or people want to rush to the end and still have the benefits of everything they missed. In both cases, the lock system is working as intended.
Then essentially once you hit 190 or someone mentioned you can be lvl 200 and not hit by the lock deal then there's no point in leveling...only camping which is essentially doing nothing but staring at a wall.

Then the answer it would seem is to level to 200 and get as luxed out as possible and then outlock those that stay under 199.

Let me ask you this since you're saying the lock system is working. 2 fighters step in the ring. 1 fighter has spent more time getting stronger and more prepared and capable of doing more damage. But then the judges tell the more prepared fighter that he has to score 25% more points than the other fighter in order to win rather than whoever scores the most points winning. Nobody in their right mind would say the scoring system is fair.

I'll agree that keeping others from getting gear to keep others down is childish, immature, and shouldn't be playing the game. But it's also silly for someone that starts hitting that past 180 level that doesn't have their dl weapons should get penalized because they want to level.

2 people interview for a job. Both are qualified for the position. 1 has a master's degree. 1 has a bachelor's degree. The hiring manager goes with the one that spent less time increasing their knowledge. This sounds perfectly fine, right?

Yes I know it's a game and not real life. But with the way it is, it's hit a certain level and stop until you have your dl weapons which could take months or even a year.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue