Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Letting weaker players win endgame bosses

#221
Darkbahamut wrote:This is you punishment for leveling too fast. Lol

Punished for spending the most time and money on the game. Ok then.

Lugh
  • Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
  • Venus - Level 195 Druid


123456 wrote:a druid can out dps a ranger fairly easily in a dps build. Adrith

1234567 wrote: Hrung ring+mordy spear > necro ring+edl dagger. Furyion

limbo

Re: Letting weaker players win endgame bosses

#222
Criminal wrote:Just to make it clear, I find the idea of avoiding to lvl in order to gain advantage of target lock is abusing the system.

Why? I mean, creating alt groups for the sake of locking permanently and preventing others from ever getting drops is, in my mind, abuse. However, if I have the insight to realise I will screw my friends/clannies by levelling beyond the useful range of levels and, in the larger theory, entering a new stage of the game, I think it is not abuse. In fact, as a main who has avoided levelling because, 'surprise, surprise!' the lock system locks you into a different niche, I find that it is a just reward for resisting the temptation to charge into the next niche of the game without items desired from the previous niche.
Image

Re: Letting weaker players win endgame bosses

#223
Vraelan wrote:
Criminal wrote:Just to make it clear, I find the idea of avoiding to lvl in order to gain advantage of target lock is abusing the system.

Why? I mean, creating alt groups for the sake of locking permanently and preventing others from ever getting drops is, in my mind, abuse. However, if I have the insight to realise I will screw my friends/clannies by levelling beyond the useful range of levels and, in the larger theory, entering a new stage of the game, I think it is not abuse. In fact, as a main who has avoided levelling because, 'surprise, surprise!' the lock system locks you into a different niche, I find that it is a just reward for resisting the temptation to charge into the next niche of the game without items desired from the previous niche.

Temptation? Lvling is a what the game is for, its part of the game's nature, u would not avoid that if u didnt have the gear unless u could abuse a system for not lvling.
In other words, u shouldnt be rewarded for NOT lvling, its like getting paid for NOT working.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Re: Letting weaker players win endgame bosses

#225
Target lock was added to the game because of thousands of low levels complaining about how they would start boss, then a high level group would swarm in later and take it due to their superior dps. Before this was implemented, aggy was the highest level boss. Most high levels had their full frozen and there was no need for warden, meteoric, or any lower tier frozen bosses. Basically all the target lock did was create a chance for low levels to get drops they needed. When carrowmore was released, it worked out pretty well. High levels had very little need for frozen, and once they started doing mordy/hrungnir even aggy wasn't as important so low levels still retained an advantage locking bosses for drops they needed. Fast forward some, and now people are 220+ in need of items dropped from 180-190 bosses.

While target lock isn't a great system anymore, it isn't the root of this issue. Compare snorri to pyrus, for instance. Pyrus is guaranteed one lion from main 6*, 2 from higher 6*, a fairly low chance from a 5*, and even lower (but still not negligible) chance to drop from a 4*. Snorri is guaranteed 0 from a 4*, 0 from a 5*, and there is no 6* "harder" version that gives more drops. Even worse, frozen weapon only required 2 lions whereas dl main and offhand needs 8.

Modifying target lock won't make everyone happy. Fixing spawn rate of 6* snorri will. We haven't seen a 6* in about 4 days now and this behavior is typical. At that rate, it would take 32 days to gain enough crowns to fully gear someone, and that is only if the colors are all the same. There is a reason why very few people ever camp pyrus. The drop rate is high enough that most people who meet level requirement have their weapon (and if not, you can camp a couple days or even buy them for pretty cheap). What percentage of 180+ have both mainhand and offhand? like 25%? After nonstop camping a single spawn for 2 years? OTM, we could care less about spawn window or target lock if the drop rate was higher. And by higher, I mean about 4 times higher. Because that is what it should be. With the current system of target lock, I would have to make a 180-190 level rogue to help my clan get more crowns. But in order to have good enough dps to lock, I would need crowns for my main and offhand. Crowns that dozens of people in clan still need, who would be ahead of me in line for. Vicious cycle isn't it?

Moving on to hrungnir and mordy; same thing. Why are the best drops in the game coming from bosses 40 levels lower than those who kill them? When carrow update came the high levels stopped camping aggy. Why go for a 50 dmg ring from aggy when I can get a 100 damage from hrung? Why get a 10 skill dmg ring from aggy when I can get a 2x10 skills damage ring from mordy? Why get a crap trident when I could get a great halberd? People had no use for aggy anymore and moved on to the bigger and better bosses that were closer to their level. But still, drop rate for the nice items was too low and clan banks are being flooded with mighty bolas rings, mighty armor rings, and dark focus halberds. So hrung and mordy are still being downed, usually within an hour of spawn, because so many kills are needed to gain drops that people want. And now, level cap is increased without a new boss being released so people are punished for leveling by letting lower level clans gain these drops.

Tl;dr version:
1. New boss(es) should be added that are closer to the level of the current endgame players (210/220) at any given time
2. Mordy and hrung loot is too diluted to ever, in a hundred years, give every high level the gear they desire.
3. The rate of crowns per day from snorri is abysmally low leading to 200+ (plat buyer! ;) )main toons in every clan waiting for their wep and offhand.

OTM, if you're not going to fix target lock at least look at those three points. Hundreds of people have been begging for those changes for years, when will our voices be heard? How come polls can't be created and if a lopsided enough vote occurs, something be done about it?
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs

Re: Letting weaker players win endgame bosses

#226
Criminal wrote:
Vraelan wrote:
Criminal wrote:Just to make it clear, I find the idea of avoiding to lvl in order to gain advantage of target lock is abusing the system.

Why? I mean, creating alt groups for the sake of locking permanently and preventing others from ever getting drops is, in my mind, abuse. However, if I have the insight to realise I will screw my friends/clannies by levelling beyond the useful range of levels and, in the larger theory, entering a new stage of the game, I think it is not abuse. In fact, as a main who has avoided levelling because, 'surprise, surprise!' the lock system locks you into a different niche, I find that it is a just reward for resisting the temptation to charge into the next niche of the game without items desired from the previous niche.

Temptation? Lvling is a what the game is for, its part of the game's nature, u would not avoid that if u didnt have the gear unless u could abuse a system for not lvling.
In other words, u shouldnt be rewarded for NOT lvling, its like getting paid for NOT working.

The analogy between payment for working and gear for levelling is not sound. The primary incorrect assumption is that gear is as proportional to level as payment is to working, thereby concluding that levelling is the only form of work required to obtain the gear desired. Such a conclusion is inaccurate because there are other factors involved in obtaining gear such as camping, planning, social aspects, etc.

Furthermore, the first part of your statement, "lvling is a what the game is for," is incorrect as well. In fact, that statement is the general idea that many people have been fighting against for years and has prompted OTM to make more solid, visible, steps towards the horizontal development of the game rather than more stock mobs to kill just to progress vertically in level.

I stand by my use of the word "temptation" because there is a simple logic to killing things in the game by levelling above and beyond what you want to kill. Rather than follow that tide of simplicity, I have to keep reminding myself of obvious consequences.
Image

Re: Letting weaker players win endgame bosses

#227
Blackmamba is right, target lock is working as it should be and is fine, the main problems are those 3 points he mentioned. Terrible drop rates were intentional because there is no horizontal content and they had to keep the players busy, with the release of the tower there is more vertical content but still no horizontal content. I wouldnt expect to see any change to the drop rates until the crafting or fishing professions are released
#NerfIdolsCutBossHP #DecreaseRaidWindows

Image

Re: Letting weaker players win endgame bosses

#229
@Vraelen, eventually, lvling is the most important thing in the game, we all want to kill bosses but we dont expect to do that without lvling. We all want good items but they have lvl req, eventually, lvling is the very basic of the game, and everything else is built on it, just being the most important thing in the game DOESNT mean that lvl cap should be increased over and over.

EDIT: Working hard is not just lvling, but part of prepartion is lvling as well, as u dont expect to kill a boss at lvl 1 if u just prepare well and camp. U can plan, camp and prepare, but without the lvl its all meaningless.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Re: Letting weaker players win endgame bosses

#230
Droos should go to the group that did the most damage without wiping out, simple and effective. The only reason this is flawed is because the high levels have nothing better to do or get from anywhere else so they have to go for these lame bosses such as hrungnir and mordy, 30+ levels lower than them.

Lugh
  • Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
  • Venus - Level 195 Druid


123456 wrote:a druid can out dps a ranger fairly easily in a dps build. Adrith

1234567 wrote: Hrung ring+mordy spear > necro ring+edl dagger. Furyion

limbo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Zkills and 21 guests