Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Letting weaker players win endgame bosses

Pav let's say u were doing aggy and a rival clan logged all their 150 alts and were not prepared at all and recklessly attacked and got lock over you guys, who were prepared but 180's. Would u still consider that fair?
I would consider this more than fair. If the 150's camp it, find it up with us, outlock, and kill it I would have no problems moving on with my day.

Pav let's say u were doing aggy and a rival clan logged all their 150 alts and were not prepared at all and recklessly attacked and got lock over you guys, who were prepared but 180's. Would u still consider that fair?
I would consider this more than fair. If the 150's camp it, find it up with us, outlock, and kill it I would have no problems moving on with my day.
I'm talking about if they logged in saw it, while u started, called their clan and got lock before u did.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

Critical points were not made.
1) The preparedness that it takes for your 'rival clan' to actually take on Hrung outweighs the lock system on a scale. Meaning there should not be an excuse such as that of blaming a system which has already shaped our gameplay throughout these years, and instead you must blame yourselves for not preparing for a boss like Hrung. You can not expect to 'outlock' a prepared group with only 2 campers. Yes, the facts may be there. Level 180's may outlock 225's, but you have failed to mention that those 180's exist as players of their own free will. It takes effort to gather any number of people and I'm sure that Resurgence must understand this especially since the fact that this is a clan of 300 or so active members we're talking about here.

2) This being said, the number of Resurgence members have increased in the past month due to a recent merge with the clan Blaze. Although size should not matter in terms of lock, levels do, correct? According to your claim, the reason for your loss is mainly our 'deliberate' motive of staying at a level. However, you must not forget the 20 or so players Resurgence has recently absorbed which further outweighs the balance in terms of size. Now, let's also not forget that those players have realized the dire situation of the current clan rivalry and that those players happen to also be at 'lock' level. Please do not 'deliberately' coin out certain points without having reviewed your own situation as a clan general that you are. These players of whom you have forgotten are well-deserved members and must be recognized and placed into the equation. Your 'rival clan' does not make up all of the 'lock' level players nor do they even make up any of a considerable population. Please, lay this reasoning aside as it should not have been stated from the start, and it is only now that a clan with strategy and well-preparedness has led you to this forum with a complaint in such a mindless manner. Lead your members and end the shaming of a game mechanic.

3) This is competition. Even though I consider Celtic Heroes as a fun, social game, I still see the need for competition. It is what drives this game forward. You must recognize that competition was what had formed Resurgence in the first place and that no competition would only bring a game of tormented boredom, one that would lead players to focus on menial tasks such as simple attendance at boss raids. This in turn can only mean one thing: a sharp decrease in player activity. This is a case which could have been prevented if only competition had stayed in place, placing players into a mindset of achieving greater goals and newer heights. This competition does not necessarily have to exist between certain clans. It's just there and you must appreciate it. Only those who have received too much can care for so little. Let the common player play his or her game freely. Do not, with all due respect, change their game for the better of yourself.

I'm sorry if I've managed to offend anyone. I only speak dearly. It is my only wish for this game to progress from its current position as is rather than to step back just to change a mechanic that was already there for the better of the upper hand. I speak not only for myself but for all who can not and would not stand for a world of a single reign with means of no divide, a divide that must exist for the harmony of different races of individual thinking and ideas. I can't stand for greediness. Please forgive me, Smellyunder. I can't stand for your points.
Yes having countless alts parked at hrung who locked in instantly when hrung spawned, triple devicing n sharing accounts and then exploiting the logic defying lock system to outlock a full group of much higher level players. That is preparedness. I say it is bullsh*it.
We park, Resurgence has over 10 alts at 180 for the purposes of locking Snorri so I don't see why you also could not park. We do not and never will share accounts, the people online are the people online.

I'm talking about if they logged in saw it, while u started, called their clan and got lock before u did.
I would have no issue with them locking, my clan failed to lock and that's it. If everybody did all they could we'll just try again next time.

In my opinion the lock system is outdated and its now causing problems, either remove it totally or adjust it on a way which is fair to all.a full group of lv 220 should never be outlocked at a boss from a group of 180 for any reason at all ,its just bad logic.Im from a different server and seen this happen alot ,its just frustrating,.
Pav is wrong in everything he said so far and its making comments who dont even make sense ,please understand the real problem here and as far as i can see you are the one creating clan drama here and not replying to obvious questions !

Being on a server with two eg. Clans and one smaller semi eg. Clan that I am in, I was lucky that my ranger was geared with full DL at 170, due to abundance of yellow drops and little rangers. But I feel that being prepared to kill a boss is key. But it is not fair that high level clans should sit at a eg. Boss with multiple dps groups to outlock a single group of lower levels. That's basically fooling the higher level players out of drops they rightfully own but can't have due to a foolish lock system that has been long outgrown by the average player. If it weren't for this lock system and a clan on herne named infection the smaller clan that I am in would not have achieved alot of the things we have.

Again, its not BadaBing vs Resurgence, its world-wide issue (in every world where the high lvl clan still has ppl, mains, who still need dl weps and have rivals). Personally, our world is small, and in order to recruit we cant put our req at 190+, we recruit even lower lvls and we have feeder clan, and thus we help them kill these bosses as well because they need it just as much as u do.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Being on a server with two eg. Clans and one smaller semi eg. Clan that I am in, I was lucky that my ranger was geared with full DL at 170, due to abundance of yellow drops and little rangers. But I feel that being prepared to kill a boss is key. But it is not fair that high level clans should sit at a eg. Boss with multiple dps groups to outlock a single group of lower levels. That's basically fooling the higher level players out of drops they rightfully own but can't have due to a foolish lock system that has been long outgrown by the average player. If it weren't for this lock system and a clan on herne named infection the smaller clan that I am in would not have achieved alot of the things we have.
Third sentence is false
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

I am also part of the 180 group mentioned in the OP. All removing level lock would do is discourage new players even more than it already is and ensure the largest clan on a server maintains control over every aspect of the game. Instead of changing the system, change boss spawns and drop percentages or lower the amount of drops needed to complete armor quests. To the people who say we don't level, it's to ensure we do not become undergeared later in levels. We would all be 210+ if we had the gear we need.

Badabing is a small clan of friends, we have 7 active members. Most of us multibox just to be able to kill bosses. We fought groups of fully geared Resurgence rogue alts for weeks over Snorri and Sreng before becoming the victors and gaining control of these spawns. Resurgence had solid control over these spawns for over 2 years prior. I don't doubt they still need drops, however, my clan also does.

In the time we've spent farming dl we've only gotten one druid mainhand and two druid offhands, one mage offhand, one rogue dagger and rondel, one warrior sword and shield, and one ranger bow and quiver. We have 4 rogues, 2 druids, and 3 mages to gear still in mainhands and offhands. We camp and kill placeholders 24/7, we're happy to see one 6* spawn a day, overjoyed with two per day, and it feels like christmas for three or over a day. Drop rates are abysmal for dl, it takes an eternity to get anywhere near close to being able to gear a member. End game bosses also have far too many trash drops that only result in an overfilled bank. The drop rate of decent items for end game is also extremely small.

Instead of removing level advantage and keeping the same infinite grind for drops in place just make bosses spawn more :cry: :( and drop more. Bada has no intention to keep drops from any individual, we will continue to gear ourselves using our strategy until we are all fully geared and then move on to the next boss. When there's nothing to fight so hard for and everybody can be geared relatively easily there won't be a need to remove target lock. People who get gear can move forward with the questline and people without gear yet will have minimal competition.
For a small clan that operates in this way which outlocks a clan that is much much bigger and stronger will only discourage serious and committed players to and staying in CH. Committed players who spend lots of plats can only progress if they are in a big strong clan and able to get their gears upgraded along the way including Dl gears before progressing to edl Nd then gelebron. Some of our clannies are stuck at Dl even though at their level they could have gotten their edl had this small rival clan not exploited the level lock to their advantage. So does otm want this broken level lock system to only benefit a small group of non plats players or let many more serious and committed players who spend lots of plats to progress and not quit? It doesn't make financial sense to a game publisher apart from defying logic that the weak beats the strongest. Why not USA let Kim jong Ann outlock the US ICBM with the North korean made bazooka in the interest of letting North korea progress? Maybe in that way the world will be a much more equitable and peaceful place. Hell no, said Obama with his middle finger in the air. If u oppose me and I am strong, I am going to squash u like an ant.
Last edited by Smellyunder on Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.