Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: An odd question...

Hi on a related note, what do you think of novelty boosting gear? Would it be fun at all to have a few items gained in events that boosted novelty ability?
-1, novrlty items are just items that entertain bored players, and are catagorized under the group name novelty, no need to focus on a uselss aspect of game when there are many more things to focus on! Glad to see otm taking player advice!
World- Mabon
Sopdu- 180 rogue-ranting
CelticsHero- 144 warrior-ranting
"Real leadership is leaders recognizing that they serve the people that they lead."
"no matter what we breed, we still are made of greed. This is my kingdom, come."

My mages lvl 19 cloak was hitting around 200 on Drake and that's from a lvl 130 Mage. Cloak really good, especially with fire lure on the boss
Shadowbolt3- 224 Rogue
Shadmistress- 188 Mage
Shadowbolt2- 113 Warrior (Retired)
Helaman- 157 Locker Rogue
ShadShot- 89 Ranger
Shadow Bolt- 82 Druid
Raganos- 100 Warrior
World: Crom
Proud member of Seed

Why do we need to bother and kill a boss with novelty when we have perfectly fine weapons?
Well game gets boring from camping bosses constantly and near the end of events. So thought we would try to entertain are selfs.
DarkBahamut - 220 Warrior
DarkDPS - 226 Rouge
DarkHealer - 182 Druid

Hi on a related note, what do you think of novelty boosting gear? Would it be fun at all to have a few items gained in events that boosted novelty ability?
I think it'd be pretty neat. Alternative playing styles and all
Not from bosses :-/ maybe random mob drops just for those who like that sort of thing..
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

+1. It would be fun to actually be able to use novelty items if I wanted to. For example im using a ostara flute on my low level Druid right now for its energy regen. Plus I love the animation. It would make for some really fun builds. I know there are others ( mostly spell casters) who would love to use their mount as a primary weapon and would if it had a boost. I think it's a great idea.
Black Company of Taranis

Mercenaries don't care about sides or politics, they care about getting paid.

I don't think that anyone takes novelty seriously. It's just an ability for fun weapons like instruments and mounts. The amount of buffs or DPS for get from a mount/instrument/novelty wand will never compare to that of a good MH/OH weapon combo. If you wanted to make novelty a serious ability, then I would say go for it. But do it with a plan and don't do it half way. Hand to hand ability is a cautionary tale in this regard. It wasn't implemented well, and it just hasn't caught on yet but we keep getting weapons in the shop for it. I wouldn't want to see the novelty skill being developed more, unless it was developed well.
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide

I think maybe have at novelty main hand and offhand. With the two items you get a support/attack skill instead of a proc. chance. And skill only applied when you have two of the same class items. ( like blue ??? Weapon and blue ??? Offhand) higher the rarity of the items, higher skill level. Then maybe novelty items would have more long term use.
DarkBahamut - 220 Warrior
DarkDPS - 226 Rouge
DarkHealer - 182 Druid