Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

OTM, please come to the table

I am becoming more and more unhappy with the lack of interest from OTM in fixing the totally broken mage class. SomeIbody makes a post about making changes in the Tower, and OTM comes running, and like a lapdog exclaims "What can we do to make people happy?" and everyone congratulated OTM for being involved... yet Mages have been screaming about issues for YEARS ...... YEARS - and nothing been done. I understand that life isnt fair, and I understand that probably if I had it all my way, I would make the mage OP and too easy to level. I get that. I understand that the value in the game is that it is grind, and it should remain grind to some degree. I understand there are different classes, and the truth of the matter is that there are going to be better classes then others ... period. They just arent going to be equal.

But the apathy shown by OTM towards the mage class is becoming disturbing. Maybe I should be happy for their apathy, the last couple times they showed interest, we got nerfed. I'll never forget the day I logged on, killed a couple mobs, and said, "WTH? What happened to all my damage?" Oh, that time, they did the nerf of all nerfs ... they got us good. To be fair, after a major upheaval in the mage community, they buffed up the nerf ... but make no mistake, it was still a nerf in the end.

I find myself leveling, and watching my lure evade, my frostbite evade, my shard evade, my blast evade ... over .. and over. evade evade evade. Heck, IMO, it might be better just to nerf the damage and get rid of most of the evades. At least we will alter our playing style around a much more consistent display of damage. Hey, the third times the charm. You can change the class name from Mage to Nerf at that point.

The best is when I go to a boss with the clan, and I already get ready to spend 5 idols. Sure, Ill admit it, Im overpowered at my level because of my skill bonus in equipment. Ive played straight 30/30 , and no, it really didnt make much of a difference. cant use that excuse to all the naysayers. Ive even tried holding out for a while to let others get most of the aggro ... but no ... that doesnt really help either.

And yes, I'll bring it up again ... the attune issue. This is the most frustrating. We die ... and die ... and die ... and our attune are basically worthless for boss fights because of the cooldownb, yet we need it for leveling.

Look OTM, i know youve heard this all before. i know ... you know ... we want the evades to decrease ... we want some damn armor so we dont die and die and die in boss fights ... and yes, we want our attune to actually we useful in boss fights. If I am going to attrack aggro like a mofo and die way more then any other class, then I should at least get some good hits in between idols.

The point is, when are you going to give a dog a bone, or in this case, a mage a bone? These issues arent addressed. No explanation of why Mages have so many evades, no explanation why you cant have good armour, no explanation why attune MUST remain useless for boss fights. At some point, you need to explain to those of us who have spent a lot of time and money on this game and played this class why you remain stubborn on these issue. Im not saying change all of them now. What Im saying is we need to have a REAL dialogue about this... to be blunt, the way You came running in to cater to those that cried about the tower, I find that disrespectful to those of us in the mage class that have been asking for explanations and changes for a long time.

When are you gonna give a dog a bone? When are you going to have an IN DEPTH discussion about the mage class that is, lets face it, broken and has been broken for a long time.
Last edited by Zendroid on Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: OTM, please come to the table

If you are constantly dying while leveling, and not in the tower, you have a bad leveling build. Try eshield or freeze instead of 100% dps. Try using an offhand shield, those help a ton.

Mages and Druids need some energy regen tweaking, more than other classes but really if you need idols every boss fight you aren't grouping good Druids or a well balanced group.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Hi thanks for the post, yes we are definitely planning to improve this as a high priority and make some improvements to class balance, it's currently scheduled to come out together with the tower update as this is the next big combat related update, and we will be looking at things like evades, damage fluctuations, interruptions, cast times, adding new skills and improving other issues that have been brought up.

the question is, how can casters lessen the evades or increase their spell cast hit %? we all know expose armour helps but they don't have that skill, there is also spell attack evasion stat. there should also be a spell attack stat. its really a pain for casters as each spell at 50 points like swarm is almost 1k energy, and after evading, you will lose a lot of energy and wait for CD. so without knowing why lots of evades is pretty hard for them to accept it. For melee, like my assassinate it also misses a lot but i still have my auto attack to do damage.
World: Epona
Clan: Enigma
Gabee/war
Fpj/druid

World:ARAWN
Gabee/Rogue
BeastKing/Ranger
FPJ/Druid

Literally, just moments ago, in our group at 6 rockbelly, a 107 rogue got the kill over 132 ice mage with major skill bonus rings and a 135 fire mage. Its just ridiculous. I don't care really who gets the kill, its just shows the insanity. Thank you OTM for responding, hopefully your future actions will speak louder then words.

Literally, just moments ago, in our group at 6 rockbelly, a 107 rogue got the kill over 132 ice mage with major skill bonus rings and a 135 fire mage. Its just ridiculous. I don't care really who gets the kill, its just shows the insanity. Thank you OTM for responding, hopefully your future actions will speak louder then words.
We had out 210 rogue get out locked by much lower lvl toons on rockbelly.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

We had out 210 rogue get out locked by much lower lvl toons on rockbelly.
the closer to the level of the boss u are the easyer it is to lock but it wont make it were u will have a better chance to kill only easyer lock
Clan, Alliance
World, Lugh
Toryn, 192, Warrior
Uoise, 210 , Mage