Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: OTM - What happened? (Positive Post)

Well our seasonal events will bring in new Bounties that you can do which will offer different objectives and targets to kill.

Of course, through Beta and afterwards, we will always be open to suggstions for improvements or additions. We can always add new Bounties once we have the system up and running.
Game Designer at One Thumb Mobile

Well our seasonal events will bring in new Bounties that you can do which will offer different objectives and targets to kill.

Of course, through Beta and afterwards, we will always be open to suggstions for improvements or additions. We can always add new Bounties once we have the system up and running.
Yeah of course, I'm just one of them people who come up with random ideas a lot, being viable to game and implementation is something different entirely, but that said I am very much looking forward to all the new content that's coming within the possibilities of the new engine :)

great to hear about level relevant xp with the bounty boards. hopefully that means precise level relevancy, not 60-90 then 90-130 like arena. I know when I turned to 90, I would religiously at the very least log in to get my arena xp, because it was visibly with it, while now, at 125, I forget to log in for it and won't for days because I'm not missing out on much.

An idea I have had is if the bounty board is randomized then even similar level players will get different quests.

That's good as there won't be grumbling about everyone trying to kill the same 5 obscure mobs. However this does remove a bit of social aspect.

It would be nice to be able to do the bounty as a group so that you can at least hang out while doing it. Similar to the group daily xp quests.

Overall the bounty system looks good, I hope everyone likes it.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

great to hear about level relevant xp with the bounty boards. hopefully that means precise level relevancy, not 60-90 then 90-130 like arena. I know when I turned to 90, I would religiously at the very least log in to get my arena xp, because it was visibly with it, while now, at 125, I forget to log in for it and won't for days because I'm not missing out on much.
You'll get random bounties around your level, at the moment it's within 5 levels but this could change based on feedback. Seasonal bounties will have a wider level range for the monster targets but will still give you on-level rewards.

An idea I have had is if the bounty board is randomized then even similar level players will get different quests.

That's good as there won't be grumbling about everyone trying to kill the same 5 obscure mobs. However this does remove a bit of social aspect.

It would be nice to be able to do the bounty as a group so that you can at least hang out while doing it. Similar to the group daily xp quests.

Overall the bounty system looks good, I hope everyone likes it.
Bounties are indeed randomized, the aim is that you can complete a bounty solo, we've had lots of good ideas so far for PvP, group and crafting bounties, we will need to see what everyone thinks of the bounty board and look at adding additional content!

This post is too positive, gotta fix that.... :D :D :D (jk)
First off, i dont think the original question was answered. More of sidestepped. Why all of a sudden, when everyone starts quitting the game, did otm start listening to players? Or is the answer within the question?

Second off, i like otms idea for a bounty board, but it seems like otm forgot two things. This is meant to be a leveling alternative, and horizontal content. If you are limited to three quests a day (just an example) then it is no longer a leveling alternative, just extra daily exp quests. And if it takes twenty minutes to get the exp, then its not horizontal content. I highly reccomend that otm broadens the bounty board to have many more options, possibly including quests that could get you dl armour peices (not the peice itself, but the material needed for the peice), as this would give those who cant compete with and endgame clan a chance to get their armour as well without getting involved in the black market monopoly on dl. It might also be a good idea to put other things, like items similair to hrungir, aggy, mordris drops, but not at the same quality. The genuine should always be better.

But the point is to make the bounty board horizontal content, not just anlther daily exp quest. I hope otm takes this idea to mind, and seeing that otm is looking at this topic, im going to put another idea of mine here for comments.
Instead of a set bonus from warden which doesnt let you have any variety in items, make the bonus 1/3 of its previous strength, and apply to every two items of the set. That way, someone who has a full warden set will still be getting the same bonus, but if that person get gloves of haste they can equip them without losing out on the entire bonus just for buying lux. Consider it :) also solves the problem of being in the middle of one set and the next (ie. Edl gloves and boots, dl head, legs, chest, wep.). In order to fix the problem of their being only five peices in the set, it would be easy to include the dl weapon in the set, like it should be in the first place.

Thanks, and keep working on that summer update :D
World- Mabon
Sopdu- 180 rogue-ranting
CelticsHero- 144 warrior-ranting
"Real leadership is leaders recognizing that they serve the people that they lead."
"no matter what we breed, we still are made of greed. This is my kingdom, come."