Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Design Gelebron Drops - Ranger

Every boss that is released is inevitably met with a "WTF" was OTM thinking and complaints that the drops are crap. So, I thought it would be interesting to design the loot we would want to to see drop (and isn't OP).

Starting with Ranger, I had a couple ideas
-A lot of rangers are str based on rely on their auto-attack, so how about an ring that gives a bonus to the Bow skill as well as a dmg or str bonus?

-Weapon: Crossbow has been mentioned before, but to make it unique (and different from the heavy dmg/slow bows), why not make the crossbows slow to load but provide a process to "stun" the mob (i.e. the force of the bolt knocks them back for 2-3 ticks).

-Armour (e.g. Gloves?) that doesn't break dl aura, but provides dmg bonuses to skills (long shot) or a new skill?

-brace - evasions are one thing, but resists (heat, cold, magic, pierce, crush, etc) are even better as they always reduce the dmg (vs. a small % chance to avoid dmg altogether). A brace that provides crushing resist e.g. would be useful against several mobs and bosses.

Re: Design Gelebron Drops - Ranger

yeah, 5% for the basic assuming the skill always hits (if it can be evaded, then it might be higher).

If its too high and cant' be evaded, then you could just zerg the boss e.g 25% process with 6 rangers would have the boss almost always stunned..

you could have other skills too that aren't dmg based - e.g. "howling arrows" - arrows designed to create a sound so horrific and distracting that it interrupts any skill being cast.

yeah, 5% for the basic assuming the skill always hits (if it can be evaded, then it might be higher).

If its too high and cant' be evaded, then you could just zerg the boss e.g 25% process with 6 rangers would have the boss almost always stunned..

you could have other skills too that aren't dmg based - e.g. "howling arrows" - arrows designed to create a sound so horrific and distracting that it interrupts any skill being cast.
I like the idea for that skill Po :)
220 rogue: XxDiabloxX
Ascension
Meh

NECRO drops the ring you described... I like the way you're thinking though
General of Seed - Crom
Druid 216+ & 130 something on Arawn retured in 2013
Rangers 221+ And 190+
Rogues 220+, 210+, 150+, 97+ & 150 on Arawn retired in 2013
Mage 214+
Warrior 218+

Ex member of Badabing, Celts, Uskoci & Serenity on Arawn

I love the idea of a different set of armour that doesn't break the set bonus. Mordris helms are too good and too rare to replaced by another helm.
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu