Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Better tanking ammy?

As any class, which ammy do you think you would rather have to survive? Also, any thoughts specifically which to use as a tank?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (227.16 KiB) Viewed 3850 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (208.64 KiB) Viewed 3850 times
Belenus-
Assassinprime- lvl102 Ranger
Ravenwing-lvl68 Mage
Betaprime2-lvl68 Warrior
S0uth-lvl61 Rogue
Gwydion-
AtlasPrime-lvl180+ warrior

Re: Better tanking ammy?

First amulet gives 10 extra hp and energy regeneration if you care about regens.

In my opinion, while tanking 1000 defence is a lot more preferential compared to armour. What's better than taking less damage? No damage at all.

Also, not only does the first amulet give 300 stat points directly, but the 1000 HP bonus is equivalent to an extra 160 vitality. So effectively, you're getting 460 stat points. 200 defence is equivalent to 100 dexterity, so you're getting 300 stat points worth from the second ammy (120 armour too).

Overall I would choose the first amulet.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

First amulet gives 10 extra hp and energy regeneration if you care about regens.

In my opinion, while tanking 1000 defence is a lot more preferential compared to armour. What's better than taking less damage? No damage at all.

Also, not only does the first amulet give 300 stat points directly, but the 1000 HP bonus is equivalent to an extra 160 vitality. So effectively, you're getting 460 stat points. 200 defence is equivalent to 100 dexterity, so you're getting 300 stat points worth from the second ammy (120 armour too).

Overall I would choose the first amulet.
Do you think it's better for a tank?
Belenus-
Assassinprime- lvl102 Ranger
Ravenwing-lvl68 Mage
Betaprime2-lvl68 Warrior
S0uth-lvl61 Rogue
Gwydion-
AtlasPrime-lvl180+ warrior

Strength is useless on a tank. Also health is much less desirable than vit because skills scale with vit not health. You keep aggro with taunt, war cry and bash not autos. Lots of damage the tank takes is skill hits for which def does nothing. The 1000 defense is equivalent to 250 because it's 15 sec on 45 off. 200 permanent unless the boss has a big mele burst is nearly the same as 1000 for 15 sec.

Overall the first ammy is a better all around ammy. The strength helps you train and boss not as a tank but as hybrid or dps. The second one is better for tanking, but not by a huge margin.

personally I keep my lvl199 warrior as a tank because it's so useful and I'm never in a group smaller than 5. It lets you go buck wild on mage, ranger and Druid aoe without taking aggro or needing excessive health or defense skills.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

I would personally have 1k defence over 50 vit and 300 armor. 50 vit is like 400 or so hp. Guess in the end it's ur preference.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

I would personally have 1k defence over 50 vit and 300 armor. 50 vit is like 400 or so hp. Guess in the end it's ur preference.
50 vit is closer to 300hp.
A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

In the new event lux shop I think that the vit and focus ammy is the best for tanking gives a skill that increases all evasions by 1000, plus as a tank you don't really have much use for 150 strength points so it's just a waste I'd much rather get 150 focus as I find I always run out of energy really quickly
Dovakin - level 220
Sulis