Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Why CH is NOT pay to win

If everyone took the view that they didn't need to spend a dime on the game, that someone else would and they could just buy from them, there would be no plat items in the game at all. Regardless of who pays, someone does.

It's like welfare. Free money sounds all well and good, but if everyone quit their jobs to collect it, it would run out pretty quickly and no one would have anything.
Beware the chickens, they are duplicitous.

I think you should determine how much spending money will help you advance compared to someone who doesn't.

Thinks to consider are:
- How easy it is to farm vs how much things like luxury items cost
- Difficulty of progressing through the game (in terms of levels) with or without spending money

Stuff like that.

In any game you can of course eventually be as good as anyone with enough effort, so therefore nothing is pay to win, right?
Anybody with half a brain can make enough money to buy out every lux shop in the game if they merch. Farming will always be the slowest way to get money.
If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.
~Laurence J. Peter

If no one paid for any items there would be no developers, no software development, and no servers. You would then either be faced with unstoppable adds in your face the whole time or there wouldn't be a game at all both of which suck.

I'm not sure its reasonable to expect everything is free. I want a free 100k sports car. And a pony. And a car for the pony. It's not hard to farm the gold for lux or shop items, it's pretty average in terms of these types of games.

You would simply have to change tactics if there were no plat items for anyone. Maybe more people would play because you couldn't just lix to endgame in two days then complain there is nothing to do. My guess is 40% of the players would be druids and no one would want to play a rogue because they are too squishy. People would actually use spring to life at raids and training.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

What are you even talking about lmao. I'm so confused about what points you try and prove, which are irrelevant to what I'm posting.

Someone said DL and EDL was the best armour and I was simply saying it wasn't. Chill lol.
And I said most people wouldn't agree. I don't seem to see almost anyone in it. At least on my world.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

If no one paid for any items there would be no developers, no software development, and no servers. You would then either be faced with unstoppable adds in your face the whole time or there wouldn't be a game at all both of which suck.

I'm not sure its reasonable to expect everything is free. I want a free 100k sports car. And a pony. And a car for the pony. It's not hard to farm the gold for lux or shop items, it's pretty average in terms of these types of games.

You would simply have to change tactics if there were no plat items for anyone. Maybe more people would play because you couldn't just lix to endgame in two days then complain there is nothing to do. My guess is 40% of the players would be druids and no one would want to play a rogue because they are too squishy. People would actually use spring to life at raids and training.
Ponies don't have thumbs. How would they drive the car?
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

The least plat reliant class is mages ;) We don't need anything, no sigils, no elixirs, no restos.... :)
Strange. I've duoed with many mages and all at one point have said, "one sec, no/low energy". Not needing sigils, elixers, restos means you can spam spells just fine and never run out of energy.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

The least plat reliant class is mages ;) We don't need anything, no sigils, no elixirs, no restos.... :)
Strange. I've duoed with many mages and all at one point have said, "one sec, no/low energy". Not needing sigils, elixers, restos means you can spam spells just fine and never run out of energy.
It's the spell no one uses that solves the problem. Energy boost is a great spell, at a high enough lv you won't need elixirs for energy.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr