Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Why CH is NOT pay to win

#41
friddoo wrote:Your wrong fury the least plat reliant class is ranger kiting mobs around and light heal make for 0 restos use

No energy heal ;) would have a hard time using skills. Mages are the best trust me, health problem solved w e shield, energy problem solved w e boost, and we have freeze to stop the enemy.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 190 Ice Mage
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/ecQbSXV

Re: Why CH is NOT pay to win

#43
The OP said that it was more of a freemium, and in my opinion, he's correct. Some of you say that it's pay to play or pay to win because although some may actually make it through, other still pay and the non plat buyers buy the items from them, which is why they say it's a pay to play game, they think that the non plat buyers wont make it through the game without the plat buyers that sell them the lixs and the other stuff. But those people choose to pay, they don't have to pay, they just like those advantages of having more gold and better lux.

Also, I'm sure that even without the option to buy platinum for the items that speed up the gameplay, players would still be making it end game, there would be different set ups, some mages might have maxed energy boost and Druids with maxed embrace etc. It definitely is possible but much harder.

The game can't run on its own, it needs money coming in, so that's why they've added those features. Not everyone is the same, so there's people bound to want to pay for advantages. The game is pretty addicting which is why people buy the platinum. But they don't have to, they simply choose to.

What I'm trying to say is that although some people decide to spend some money on the game doesn't make it any less of a freemium. It's still a freemium for those not spending any cash, and those spending cash just do it for advantage but it can still be a freemium for them.

It's more of a freemium than not.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Re: Why CH is NOT pay to win

#44
friddoo wrote:Umm... Luxury items heal energy yes?


Well for warriors even if you have the best regens say 100 rejuv, each skill costs 100-200 energy each, can't really spam those even with good energy, let's not forget it takes away our full capacity of being dps.

Re: Why CH is NOT pay to win

#45
Why CH is pay to win:

Name a level 200 player who hasn't used a single item from the item shop. This includes items from chests and plat items bought from players.

Protip: you can't

There is no 'technical' or 'hypothetical' solution. Technically you can use a heroic ammy forever. Ok technically you can walk to work and back every day. Technically you can live off grass and water. Have fun.

This game ABSOLUTELY REQUIRES players to purchase platinum and use the items in order to get to the end-game. This doesn't mean ALL players need to pay, it just means there has to be enough paid to support the world's consumption. If ALL players needed to pay it would be considered pay to play(subscription fee or paid downloadable content). Hell, if OTM made all plat items no trade it would be a pay to play game.

If this game was not pay to win then there would be no purchasable currency and every single item would be able to be earned with in game gold, bought directly off an npc or earned from quests/bosses and NOT sold by OTM. There would be no way for a person to spend real money to his or her advantage in game.

/thread

Lugh
  • Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
  • Venus - Level 195 Druid


123456 wrote:a druid can out dps a ranger fairly easily in a dps build. Adrith

1234567 wrote: Hrung ring+mordy spear > necro ring+edl dagger. Furyion

limbo

Re: Why CH is NOT pay to win

#46
It doesn't require you, just highly influences you if you want to keep your sanity :lol: like I said there are alternatives with Native x as well. I've gotten hundreds of xp lixes from free plat. To say technically or hypothetically it can't happen is completely false, but I agree it's illogical. I just don't want newer players to be scared off from the game because people are saying its pay to win, they may get the impression they have to pay money to be successful which is not true.

Re: Why CH is NOT pay to win

#47
Bourne wrote:It doesn't require you, just highly influences you if you want to keep your sanity :lol: like I said there are alternatives with Native x as well. I've gotten hundreds of xp lixes from free plat. To say technically or hypothetically it can't happen is completely false, but I agree it's illogical. I just don't want newer players to be scared off from the game because people are saying its pay to win, they may get the impression they have to pay money to be successful which is not true.
I've already explained how and why it is required and you're delusional to believe in your theoretical scenarios as a way to back your argument. I've even provided counter-examples to show how invalid your theoretical points are while all you've done is ignore it all and essentially just say 'nope I'm right'

In response to your final point:
You did not create this topic to help newer players, most new players have no idea about a forum and won't have a clue what they're getting into until it's too late. You created this topic simply to argue. Congratulations, you've done just that.

P.S. You just admitted to abusing the plat glitch. There is no possible way you have gotten hundreds of xp elixirs otherwise seeing as the offers give very little amounts of platinum and 10 elixirs is 160 plat.

Lugh
  • Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
  • Venus - Level 195 Druid


123456 wrote:a druid can out dps a ranger fairly easily in a dps build. Adrith

1234567 wrote: Hrung ring+mordy spear > necro ring+edl dagger. Furyion

limbo

Re: Why CH is NOT pay to win

#48
Lol you really like making assumptions because 90% of what you said isn't true whatsoever. I believe it's possible to play 100% plat free, not necessarily as a server but as a single player. I've said it is illogical and doesn't make sense but I believe it's possible, you disagree clearly and I don't care to argue because apparently you know me better than I know myself :lol:

Re: Why CH is NOT pay to win

#49
Bourne wrote:Lol you really like making assumptions because 90% of what you said isn't true whatsoever. I believe it's possible to play 100% plat free, not necessarily as a server but as a single player. I've said it is illogical and doesn't make sense but I believe it's possible, you disagree clearly and don't care to argue.

Tell me what wasn't true and show me an end game player in end game gear that hasn't touched a plat item and prove it. Once again, all you have done is present a pipe dream of a 100% plat free game in hopes to stir trouble.

Lugh
  • Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
  • Venus - Level 195 Druid


123456 wrote:a druid can out dps a ranger fairly easily in a dps build. Adrith

1234567 wrote: Hrung ring+mordy spear > necro ring+edl dagger. Furyion

limbo

Re: Why CH is NOT pay to win

#50
Vulture wrote:
Bourne wrote:Lol you really like making assumptions because 90% of what you said isn't true whatsoever. I believe it's possible to play 100% plat free, not necessarily as a server but as a single player. I've said it is illogical and doesn't make sense but I believe it's possible, you disagree clearly and don't care to argue.

Tell me what wasn't true and show me an end game player in end game gear that hasn't touched a plat item and prove it. Once again, all you have done is present a pipe dream of a 100% plat free game in hopes to stir trouble.


If you must know okay then. But let me first start off by pointing out you essentially called me a liar, a cheater and an idiot so I honestly can't take you seriously for not being able to consider and accept other peoples ideologies and opinions.

I stated in the beginning I do not care to argue the topic because it is moot and is just a difference in opinions/definitions of the words and specifically stated my reason as being informative for new players to know what to expect of IAP. I even explained that it was for new players because I had seen posts about questions regarding starting the game and I saw lots of people mentioning it is pay to win. I'm sorry if you have failed to see these posts or even bothered to read my responses and reasoning for them since you clearly have a preconceived notion of me that is clouding your thoughts. Therefore I am not lying when I stated it was for newer players and you accused me of lying by saying it was solely for arguing. Disregarding the few exchanges between us, the original post and a comment that was totally unrelated to CH I made a total of 5 or 6 responses out of the 49 total. Trust me if I wanted to argue and defend my point I would have made A LOT more than that :lol:

I have stated numerous times that technically you, as a single person/player, can function without PAYING for plat OR obtaining plat from players who DID buy it to reinforce my opinion that it is not a pay to win game, based on the definition of OTHERS, that isn't even my definition of it. So to go out of my way and accept that others view it a different way and mention that and explain how it can still be done is how you effectively state an opinion and show you are not in fact an idiot as you implied by calling me delusional. Also no where in my posts did I EVER state that I was saying you could do it without using any plat items whatsoever as you mentioned, I stated alternatives or other ways to obtain plat in a 100% free and rule abiding fashion. The fact that you specifically stated that no one has ever gotten to end game status without using any plat items further shows that you have completely disregarded what I have said. Technically I could shoot a gun and hit a target 2,000 feet away. That doesn't mean I will or that it won't take forever for me to accomplish the task, it just means it is possible. The same applies for someone to play a CH without obtaining purchased platinum and still be able to achieve "end game" status. I've stated this style of play is illogical and chances are it won't be done simply because platinum items are so easily available and they make life easier, but just as I could hit a target from 2,000 feet away, this can be done. Furthermore you mentioned that I am saying "nope I'm right" which is not true either, it is simply another one of your preconceived notions of me without even bothering to fully read and understand what I'm saying. As I have said a dozen times I accept other peoples views and understand where they are coming from with them, I just simply disagree. Not everyone is going to ever be able to agree on situations like this and even though I obviously think my opinion is correct (if I didn't why would I have the opinion to begin with?) I have stated I understand their views and do not care to argue them or force them to believe that they are wrong and I am right, like you believe I am trying to do.

Finally you accused me of cheating by participating in the plat glitch. I'll tell you right now I couldn't tell you how to do it even if I wanted :lol: I have heard people explain how to do it (after it was already patched) because they were discussing the glitch on forums and I still did not understand how to do it (maybe I'm technologically challenged, maybe it was a poor explanation, I truly don't know). My statement of hundreds of lixes may be a slight exaggeration but I've easily been able to get 100-200+ lixes from native x. If you still don't believe me or think I glitched then I can only assume you have no understanding of how Native X works. Native X has been available for at least a year now (probably quite a bit longer, I don't know for sure, nor do I care) and you can constantly check their offers, some apps give you 1-2 plat, some give you 30-40+. New offers become available every so often and if you check them enough you can accumulate a decent amount of plat. While I was doing this I discovered that it appeared if you tried to save up the platinum for too long less and less offers became available, so I would spend it on the 10 xp lixes (160 plat) and then new offers would appear in a couple days or so and I would repeat the process. If you stay consistent with it it's truly not hard at all to obtain a decent amount of plat items from the offers, especially if you have multiple devices as I stated before.

So no, I am not a cheater, I am not a liar, and I am not stupid in regards to the previous post. As far as I can see you are the only one who truly wants to argue and all you have done in the process is make yourself look like a fool who does not know what the content of the topic is specifically saying. If you so desire to respond to this or continue to argue and debate it or call me stupid or anything else by all means go right ahead but I will not respond. I'm simply trying to defend myself from wrongfully made accusations, it's a true pity that people who judge posts based on the poster and not of the content can be given a "Guide" status.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Romeo, TricksterFromLugh and 13 guests