Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: when can we expect auction house?

"Merching" when it takes advantage of artificial scarcity and the arcane and obfuscated nature of knowledge of value is at best leechery and at worst outright scamming. If a auction house is actually put in the game people not only will have a far better understanding of what stuff actually sells for, but will able to avoid being shafted on the selling and buying of items. If your marching relies on some newbie selling you chests for 5k apiece instead of 12-20k or selling a warbeast egg for 50k then sorry you deserve to have that yanked from you.

An auction house would eliminate quite a bit of scamming and at the same time allow players with large banks of medium and low value items to liquidate them - unlike the impossibility or at best time waste of manually selling them. At the same time this should not impact the real merchants who act fairly. Real and fair marching involves having a large overhead of both gold and items and you cash in on people's need to sell quick at a lower price where you carry that over and sell it medium to long term for a modest profit. Further you even out the spikes and dips in the market making for more stable pricing, which if done well, profits both the merchant and the server as a whole.

When the people who just want to scam nubs out of items and sell them same day for large profits start crying or quit it will get no sympathy from me.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

I give up trying to buy stuff. Sellers hardly ever in game when I am. 3 days trying to buy reasonable offhand for low level and still not bought.... I require an auction house instead of being at the mercy of sellers timing and charges in some cases.
3 days is not a long time, it took me 3 years to buy a broom of doom. Patience is key with buying things for your desired price, and offhands aren't always easy to buy. Eventually you'll find it though, dont lose hope.
Finding/buying a broom of doom is way different than looking to buy a lux offhand. And the same could be said for any rare item. Sure most players want to buy a 350k axe for 300k but after days of looking for 1, it's just easier to spend the extra 50k (this us just an example of course).
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

I give up trying to buy stuff. Sellers hardly ever in game when I am. 3 days trying to buy reasonable offhand for low level and still not bought.... I require an auction house instead of being at the mercy of sellers timing and charges in some cases.
3 days is not a long time, it took me 3 years to buy a broom of doom. Patience is key with buying things for your desired price, and offhands aren't always easy to buy. Eventually you'll find it though, dont lose hope.
Finding/buying a broom of doom is way different than looking to buy a lux offhand. And the same could be said for any rare item. Sure most players want to buy a 350k axe for 300k but after days of looking for 1, it's just easier to spend the extra 50k (this us just an example of course).
Mine was an example too, of how sometimes its better to wait. Like when carrow came out i used a masters grimore and waited 2 months til i could buy a focus of the seer for the price i wanted. You can find the deal your looking for if you wait long enough, and even as a millionare i will not pay 10k more then i have to :D
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

Plus not to mention some of the stuff people shout out there selling im clueless on what they are and I know other people are too, especially new players. At AH we will be able to see the stats. U could even merchant better with the AH, or is that flipping? I don't even know what flipping is :lol:
Flipping=quick merching. And a auction house would make merching harder because say your trading heroic ammys, itll be harder to buy one because anyone looking for one can instantly find the lowest price one, and itll be harder to sell because people would be selling them equal to or less then your price.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Keepin' it old school.

Plus not to mention some of the stuff people shout out there selling im clueless on what they are and I know other people are too, especially new players. At AH we will be able to see the stats. U could even merchant better with the AH, or is that flipping? I don't even know what flipping is :lol:
Flipping=quick merching. And a auction house would make merching harder because say your trading heroic ammys, itll be harder to buy one because anyone looking for one can instantly find the lowest price one, and itll be harder to sell because people would be selling them equal to or less then your price.
As someone who has spent countless hours on auction houses on other mmos i doubt this will make merching harder period.

In my experience it makes merching easier, much easier. It may lower the profit per item, but you will be able to move many more items in a liquid market. You will spend far far less time actually trying to sell the items. Further you will be able to buy and sell low cost items (some fashion, collectables, cheaper quest items, etc) whereas no one is going to shout for hours to sell a green yule hat for 2k. Ideally you could list that hat for a week in ten seconds at no cost (until it sells) which may actuay get a buyer.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

As someone who has spent countless hours on auction houses on other mmos i doubt this will make merching harder period.

In my experience it makes merching easier, much easier. It may lower the profit per item, but you will be able to move many more items in a liquid market. You will spend far far less time actually trying to sell the items. Further you will be able to buy and sell low cost items (some fashion, collectables, cheaper quest items, etc) whereas no one is going to shout for hours to sell a green yule hat for 2k. Ideally you could list that hat for a week in ten seconds at no cost (until it sells) which may actuay get a buyer.
For me at least it would be harder with a auction house, i see about 90% of what my world is buying and selling already, an auction house is just more competition
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Keepin' it old school.