Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Cloak of fire

Ummm actually try a skill before being so dismissive. Cloak of fire is a good skill for the soloing mage. I use and avg 400-500 per mob attack at 50/50 with 23/50 fire lure. I like how it can finish off a near dead mob while I lure up the next one.
ProfM
Watson
Sherlock

with the caveat you'll rarely do that damage against any enemy.
Actually I mess around with a mage that has 35 pts in fore cloak that does several hundreds dmg every time they strike. I love this skill with fire lure.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Ummm actually try a skill before being so dismissive. Cloak of fire is a good skill for the soloing mage. I use and avg 400-500 per mob attack at 50/50 with 23/50 fire lure. I like how it can finish off a near dead mob while I lure up the next one.
wasting 50 points to finish off mobs is imo very useless. Take shards or venom bolt(if you the venom ammy) if you want to finish off mobs with low hp. 400-500 damage is very little compared to the mobs hp at high lvl. I suppose you are 190+?
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

My mage is level 187 and have just recently reset to ice for the very first time. From my standing point I view the cloak of fire skill as being most effective when you cast on tanks in eg battles, if you're soloing as a mage id suggest just using the dps skills and e shield the cloak isn't really for us in a since (mages) its more a support skill like sacrifice. :) hope this helps a little folks.

wasting 50 points to finish off mobs is imo very useless. Take shards or venom bolt(if you the venom ammy) if you want to finish off mobs with low hp. 400-500 damage is very little compared to the mobs hp at high lvl. I suppose you are 190+?
Except its 400-500 dmg per mob auto, and it does dmg if the mobs hits or not, while if skills are avoided all you can do is take hits and wait for them to cooldown and hope to god they dont miss again.
Biteri 224 rogue, Rosmerta, Reserverence.
Yes, I seem to be back again.

I think conceptually it's a nice skill. But since skill points are limited. Using 50 points in cloak isn't efrective use of those points. Especially if you aren't the one getting aggro. It has its moments tho
Roguish Warrior, or Warrish Rogue
Rogue 194, Warrior 176, Druid 112, Ranger 111, Mage 100, Bank 71