Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

How do folks communicate?

Hey, new player. MMO background is a buncha years with the original EverQuest.

Casual player as well, tho I'm doing the offers for free plat here and there to get my spell regen bumped up. I'm playing a druid.

I'm playing on a phone, and I'm wondering how folks communicate with other players. I've managed to toss out a few emotes at passing players that toss a buff on me. I'm around level 12, killing scratchers in the caves at the moment.

Do guilds run some type of 3rd party chat software? Are folks crazy good at typing on different channels that I've yet to explore? Is it cool to join a group and pretty much be radio silent?

As a druid, I can tell most folks just want me to heal and buff. Maybe crowd control with root, unless another class is responsible for cc. So I don't think I'd need to chat that much to spam heals and DOT spells...

Thanks for your time.

Re: How do folks communicate?

Hello!
(Good game background btw)
And yes the majority of us are just crazy fast typers.
There are 3rd party softwares for voice command on the phones but I can't quite recommend one yet as they all seem to be in Alpha or released Betas at the moment.

As for different chats, most people that know each other chat in group chat or if they're in the same clan they stick to the clan chats.

Alot of time spent talking is actually out of game through the use of the app BAND:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... yATz0IDgBA
Join our band when you get a chance!

http://band.us/n/GpUKnRfj
Obey the Nightmaster

does voice to text work fine on android? on the iphone it glitches and changes the text of the game to what I think are sound codes/bars. :x
It does***
But I'm sure it varies by keyboard system and OS.

If you find one keyboard doesn't work for your try another one but it'd been working for me-- though I don't use it often enough to give a 100% flawless review.
Obey the Nightmaster

I am not from the android servers however my clan uses an app called TeamSpeak 3 and it costs five dollars for iOS it might actually be free for android but I believe it costs about seven dollars a month for the host to pay monthly so that means only one person will pay the fee of had some confusion about that before. It really helps communicating with the clan in telling how mature people are in general and so far I've had no scammers and my clan. Some people might think Skype is better but this app allows you to get clear voice and also will be playing The game at the same time whether there is music on or not.