Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Testflight issues on older devices

After failing to install the Testflight app from the app store as it requires iOS 8, I went to testflightapp.com to sign up there. However when linking the device by installing the profile I get an error: The SCEP server configuration is not supported.

Edit: figured it out. Go to the settings app, tap safari, clear history cache and cookies. Then reboot your device. Go back to testflightapp.com and install the profile. The same message will come up - press OK. Then go back to safari and it should say successfully linked

Edit: I've run into another problem. On the testflight site it says to open the link sent in my email. Opening it sends me to the apple testflight website that says I need to install iOS 8 testflight - it doesn't send me to the testflightapp website.

iPad 1, iOS 5.1.1
195 Rogue
Rhiannon
Android Tester
There is a chicken-lover on Rhiannon with a total of 13137

Re: Testflight issues on older devices

I dont understand this, i applied for beta, filled in that i use iphone 4 with iOS 7 and when i get accepted, it says i need ios 8 to install testflight. What am i supposed to do further?....
We had enough spaces that I've invited everyone who applied for the iOS 8 beta. Slots for non-iOS 8 beta are very limited and will be looked at tomorrow.
Here we go - this is why it doesn't work. We just need to wait until OTM sorts out beta for older devs
195 Rogue
Rhiannon
Android Tester

For non ios 8 devices you must go through the test flight *WEBSITE to install the testflight profile. HOWEVER for those of us (myself included) that did not already have testflight installed, we are running into an error on install that states "SCEP server configuration is not supported". This seems to be an issue with testflight. I have been unable to find any workarounds for the time being and have been unable to join the test on my ipod 4. Follow the install guide on the test flight website for yourself to try yourself if you are waiting to test. If anyone on an old device gets it to work let us know what ya did! :?
TheMist-141 Rogue of Ascension, Server Danu

Take everything in moderation, including moderation.

For non ios 8 devices you must go through the test flight *WEBSITE to install the testflight profile. HOWEVER for those of us (myself included) that did not already have testflight installed, we are running into an error on install that states "SCEP server configuration is not supported". This seems to be an issue with testflight. I have been unable to find any workarounds for the time being and have been unable to join the test on my ipod 4. Follow the install guide on the test flight website for yourself to try yourself if you are waiting to test. If anyone on an old device gets it to work let us know what ya did! :?
If you read my first post I already said how to fix it
195 Rogue
Rhiannon
Android Tester

Right the testflight site thinks you have installed the profile on your device and says it is "linked" but in reality nothing has been installed on your device. That process must be completed for the email invites to work as they should on the device. Your device has the testflight cookie but not the software in this state it seems like.
TheMist-141 Rogue of Ascension, Server Danu

Take everything in moderation, including moderation.

Right the testflight site thinks you have installed the profile on your device and says it is "linked" but in reality nothing has been installed on your device. That process must be completed for the email invites to work as they should on the device. Your device has the testflight cookie but not the software in this state it seems like.
The profile was for your UDID - once it says linked on the site it will work fine when OTM publishes the build to the old test flight. That is, if you're accepted - not everyone will make it
195 Rogue
Rhiannon
Android Tester