Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: [FEEDBACK THREAD] iOS Destiny Engine & Yule (inc crashes

#422
link32540 wrote:That's great what aboutvold items that don't sparkle or the mailbox being super slow??


We've kept the changes for this patch very focused so the sparkling item fixes are in QA at the moment but will need to wait a bit longer before they make it live. Mailbox I believe is related to general inventory improvements won't be in this patch either, though some of the general memory improvements may help, at this point I don't know yet just how much.

Re: [FEEDBACK THREAD] iOS Destiny Engine & Yule (inc crashes

#423
mookiejoe wrote:still looking for information on aggro. was it changed? someone suggested the aggro from taunt isnt' 'sticking' as it used to and needs to be spammed over time.

still wondering why mobs seem harder to kill, not sure if all of it is lag or being messed up by the skill delays or the movements that were added to the skill animation or what.

Still would like someone to explain the reason for new idols...


As far as I'm aware, taunt/agrro mechanics haven't changed between the engines, but as Destiny was a complete rewrite from the ground up I'll need to get the team to look into this further. Lag is having an impact on how quickly skills can be fired off, this is the likely cause of some of the issues you're experiencing, this patch will have a temporary fix in the form of a 'Fast Graphics' tick box while the team continues to make engine improvements.

New idols were implemented as a balance for energy/skill based characters. When idols were first implemented character health and energy were much lower than they are today, and the disparity between what a melee character gets from using an idol and a caster/skill based character gets needed to be addressed.

Re: [FEEDBACK THREAD] iOS Destiny Engine & Yule (inc crashes

#424
i kind of fail to see how making idols give 1000 health vs full health helps casters. Can't see how it helps anyone honestly. Why not just increase the amount of energy given by the new idols vs making the change a game killing negative by nerfing them? I mean a mage running 2-3 k health isn't gonna benefit from the 1K any more than a rogue will. Its silly. its a 50 percent (at least) reduction. the difference on tanks is like 90 percent. Its a change that you say is based on game play which pretty clearly has not been used in actual game conditions because it is being almost universally bashed by real life players.

regarding aggro and taunt. I just used a 195 level tank, full vit (over 1k vit) full combat stat, 50 taunt and 40 warcry. I could not keep hold of either a 170 boss or a 180 boss even spamming both warcry and taunt using pots to refresh energy. I'm positive it isn't working correctly...

Re: [FEEDBACK THREAD] iOS Destiny Engine & Yule (inc crashes

#427
OTM Wulver wrote:New idols were implemented as a balance for energy/skill based characters. When idols were first implemented character health and energy were much lower than they are today, and the disparity between what a melee character gets from using an idol and a caster/skill based character gets needed to be addressed.



If that was the case, why aren't ancient idols sold alongside these "caster" idols?
Wattzon of Sulis

Re: [FEEDBACK THREAD] iOS Destiny Engine & Yule (inc crashes

#428
LeGenDzZ wrote:
OTM Wulver wrote:New idols were implemented as a balance for energy/skill based characters. When idols were first implemented character health and energy were much lower than they are today, and the disparity between what a melee character gets from using an idol and a caster/skill based character gets needed to be addressed.



If that was the case, why aren't ancient idols sold alongside these "caster" idols?

Simple solution would be to make percent idols as suggested by benbrook. The new idols are a joke and the reason behind making them doesn't hold up.
Druid Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Rogue Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Dual-Device Guide - For The Hardcore Players
Dragonlord Armour Revamp - Compilation Thread

Re: [FEEDBACK THREAD] iOS Destiny Engine & Yule (inc crashes

#429
The team has finished work on our fixes. We are QA'ing the build overnight and will look at getting it entered into beta testing tomorrow. Testflight beta testing can take a few days to get approved, we will keep everyone updated on its status. Apple is closed from the 22-29th for the holidays(slackers if you ask me), but we will at least be able to send out our build to our existing closed beta testers to start taking a look at it.

The fixes currently include:
* Optimizations for low end devices - This is a quick fix to get crashing devices back up and running, we will continue to improve performance in future updates
* Fix for server disconnects
* Fast Graphics option - This is a quick fix for players who are lagging when bossing/in groups, we will continue to optimize to improve performance in future updates
* Stats page XP bar updates on every kill
* Name sizes no longer randomly change

Fixes that we worked on but couldn't get in:
* Chat improvements

Team is going to give chat improvements one last attempt at a merge tomorrow and see if we can safely get them into this build.

Also, it looks like Phpbb was hacked which is the source of our current inundation of spam bots, we're taking measures to address this overnight and will continue to combat this tomorrow.

Re: [FEEDBACK THREAD] iOS Destiny Engine & Yule (inc crashes

#430
there are years of work on this game by players/clans built around the current resources like idols, pots and so on. methods of bossing, gearing, builds....of course things change and players have to change with every new update HOWEVER...its one thing to adjust to something like the curse and not being able to idol spam. Its quite another to have a 90 percent decrease in the benefit you get from an item and to have the item completely replaced in the game...

new idols change everything....the only reason there isn't a huge problem NOW is because so many people are working with old idols. Those won't last. Also fewer end game bosses being done because of lag crash so the problems are not jumping out. There are only so many things you can do to work around the new idols...like having druids...well, guess what? There are very few druids...so good luck doing anything. I recommend people bank old idols just to see what its really like playing on the new... if you idol anywhere near the AOE of any end boss you're dead and pushed so far into the curse you might as well log off and go home.

This is really just a double dip by OTM. Forcing players to not only plat idols but throw lix and pots on top of them to get the same benefit.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests