Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Increasing level cap

Personally, I would like to see a permanent hard cap set at 250, or at the most 300. 250 is a nice number, would give some room to play with for another soft cap raise, and people are over 200 now so that's out of the question.

We'd all like to see OTM start expanding outward more in addition to or instead of upward. Clearly something needs to change. The game is begging for horizontal content as mentioned above, and going back to the OP the concept of level 500+ is somewhat disturbing and I think unsustainable.

On the one hand, OTM can't just keep raising the cap indefinitely. On the other hand the game isn't ready to have a hard cap slapped on it by next update. It's so level centric right now that I'm honestly not sure what would keep players around once they hit the roof.

Personally, I would like to see a permanent hard cap set at 250, or at the most 300. 250 is a nice number, would give some room to play with for another soft cap raise, and people are over 200 now so that's out of the question.

We'd all like to see OTM start expanding outward more in addition to or instead of upward. Clearly something needs to change. The game is begging for horizontal content as mentioned above, and going back to the OP the concept of level 500+ is somewhat disturbing and I think unsustainable.

On the one hand, OTM can't just keep raising the cap indefinitely. On the other hand the game isn't ready to have a hard cap slapped on it by next update. It's so level centric right now that I'm honestly not sure what would keep players around once they hit the roof.
A good post!

Forum Rules | Avoid Naming and Shaming | The Important Stuff
Want me to read your post? Quote me!

due to lvl 50 skill cap i think 250 should be hard cap if they plan on raising the soft cap at all

I kind of agree with a increase 250 increase. After that, never again! Every game has endgame, there should be a point it is permanently reached imo.
The problem for OTM with this would be that people who hit level 250 would have no incentive to continue. If they knew that this was it and they were finished, what would they hang around for?? And someone who reaches level 250 is most likely a plat buyer so that'd harm OTM's economy if they quit

Rhiannon - Everyone's favourite Rookie!! The great guardian of HeroesOfDestiny

I am a plat buyer and am sick of leveling, have said many times would prefer OTM focus on content over leveling a million times over. If they put the time and effort into adding new content as some have mentioned above before any new high level map is added then there will be no issues with bored players.

What is there to do at level 200+ when the bosses are all dead and the daily xp has been camped? Not much. Farm gold and kill low level bosses giving the lower levels nothing to do and expanding the problem even further.

If I could craft something, farm high level 200 mobs not for xp but to hunt items, fish, explore and do something other than stand motionless in one spot for 60 mins waiting for a boss to pop up we kill in 3 mins or less, then things would be much better. So much more to expand upon other than seeing who is level 203 today it is almost insane it has even taken this long to see some of it come to fruition without killing the game completely.

Cap it much lower than 250, make it 225 or better yet 210 and then give me things to do other than level. Level junkies will just make more toons, if not on their own worlds then elsewhere, just to fulfill that part of their gaming experience.

I can still use plat for so much more if the content is there, I used to play an MMO where we would pay to buy things like bait, gear and lures for fishing and it was insanely popular. Plat would be best served being spent on fashion, mounts, limited time offers and expanding content, not elixirs to help you level. If they are planning on only relying on people to level for income, they are losing out on a tremendous amount of business elsewhere.

I keep hearing the new engine will bring "more", it is just a matter of what kind of more it really is, let's hope it just doesn't involve grinding and camping.
Homeworld: Gwydion
Clan: Relentless

I used to play a game where the max level was 100. After this it was possible to play on in almost the same manner but instead of getting exp you would get merit points.
Merit points could then be spent on lesser versions of some plat items and used to buy items for crafting nice items into better items ect.
World : Hern
Clan. : BlazingFrost

Worrior : 188 Bichslap
Ranger. : 129 Winterstorm
Druid. : 125 Bwana
Rogue. : 129 gouch

I am a plat buyer and am sick of leveling, have said many times would prefer OTM focus on content over leveling a million times over. If they put the time and effort into adding new content as some have mentioned above before any new high level map is added then there will be no issues with bored players.

What is there to do at level 200+ when the bosses are all dead and the daily xp has been camped? Not much. Farm gold and kill low level bosses giving the lower levels nothing to do and expanding the problem even further.

If I could craft something, farm high level 200 mobs not for xp but to hunt items, fish, explore and do something other than stand motionless in one spot for 60 mins waiting for a boss to pop up we kill in 3 mins or less, then things would be much better. So much more to expand upon other than seeing who is level 203 today it is almost insane it has even taken this long to see some of it come to fruition without killing the game completely.

Cap it much lower than 250, make it 225 or better yet 210 and then give me things to do other than level. Level junkies will just make more toons, if not on their own worlds then elsewhere, just to fulfill that part of their gaming experience.

I can still use plat for so much more if the content is there, I used to play an MMO where we would pay to buy things like bait, gear and lures for fishing and it was insanely popular. Plat would be best served being spent on fashion, mounts, limited time offers and expanding content, not elixirs to help you level. If they are planning on only relying on people to level for income, they are losing out on a tremendous amount of business elsewhere.

I keep hearing the new engine will bring "more", it is just a matter of what kind of more it really is, let's hope it just doesn't involve grinding and camping.
I can assure you, the level cap will not stop at 210. The addition of Gelebron's tower will see more mobs of higher levels than those currently meaning the level cap will inevitable rise; I just can't see an end to it, or at least a reasonable end. Some expanding on what exists would be welcomed but there will also be the addition of higher level places and it will continue for a long time. Once 40ish was the level cap. Now it's 210. Give it three years, we may be looking at 380, maybe more.

I used to play a game where the max level was 100. After this it was possible to play on in almost the same manner but instead of getting exp you would get merit points.
Merit points could then be spent on lesser versions of some plat items and used to buy items for crafting nice items into better items ect.
But look what happened: the level cap rose again. It's gonna keep happening

I keep hearing the new engine will bring "more", it is just a matter of what kind of more it really is, let's hope it just doesn't involve grinding and camping
I can assure you, the level cap will not stop at 210. The addition of Gelebron's tower will see more mobs of higher levels than those currently meaning the level cap will inevitable rise; I just can't see an end to it, or at least a reasonable end. Some expanding on what exists would be welcomed but there will also be the addition of higher level places and it will continue for a long time. Once 40ish was the level cap. Now it's 210. Give it three years, we may be looking at 380, maybe more.
how do you know? just because theres a new area doesnt definitively mean the level cap goes up. we can hope that its just an area with a bunch of raid bosses.
Galactus: Level 100 Rogue
World: Taranis
Clan: Curiosity