Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Increasing level cap

Cap it much lower than 250, make it 225 or better yet 210 and then give me things to do other than level. Level junkies will just make more toons, if not on their own worlds then elsewhere, just to fulfill that part of their gaming experience.
Well, I do see what you're saying, but I still think 250 is better than 210:

Level 250 looks like a planned hardcap and would give OTM time to plan for one as well. Not only would 210 look like it was haphazardly stuck in the game because the designers panicked, but it means that there isn't one more cap raise before OTM cuts it off. If it were 250, OTM could take a step back and add horizontal content prior to adding the final level cap expansion.

If it were 210, well, we're almost there now and best case scenario they have to rush to add content to keep players from leaving since they have nothing left to do. If they "cap it much lower than 250...and then give" us things to do other than level, there is no time.

Cap it much lower than 250, make it 225 or better yet 210 and then give me things to do other than level. Level junkies will just make more toons, if not on their own worlds then elsewhere, just to fulfill that part of their gaming experience.
Well, I do see what you're saying, but I still think 250 is better than 210:

Level 250 looks like a planned hardcap and would give OTM time to plan for one as well. Not only would 210 look like it was haphazardly stuck in the game because the designers panicked, but it means that there isn't one more cap raise before OTM cuts it off. If it were 250, OTM could take a step back and add horizontal content prior to adding the final level cap expansion.

If it were 210, well, we're almost there now and best case scenario they have to rush to add content to keep players from leaving since they have nothing left to do. If they "cap it much lower than 250...and then give" us things to do other than level, there is no time.
I'd prefer a level 250 hard cap because the number looks even. :P

I think 210 should be the hard and permanent cap, which is a nice cutoff (max skill of 45).

Levels 211-250 doesn't really mean anything anymore. Mobs also go up in levels, so everything is relative in difficulty anyway.
Those who get to 210 already proved they have spent countless hours grinding. Level 200+already separates the hardcore from the casual player.

There are plenty ways to make level 200-210 harder. Make a level 200 7-star boss. Put plenty more 4*-5* in solo areas etc.
Levels shouldn't dictate the difficulty of an encounter at the level cap. Armor that gives more stat and ability boosts and weapons that hit harder is already same as getting more levels, so OTM can actually make a level 200 boss a lot harder than Garanak and it would feel like a level 220+ boss.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

I think 210 should be the hard and permanent cap, which is a nice cutoff (max skill of 45).

Levels 211-250 doesn't really mean anything anymore. Mobs also go up in levels, so everything is relative in difficulty anyway.
Those who get to 210 already proved they have spent countless hours grinding. Level 200+already separates the hardcore from the casual player.
OTM has a history of this - i remember when 160 was the same as 200 now. But having lost sight of how people will take things my guess is OTM will just raise mob levels to 240 undermining months of lixing and dailys with about 10 hours of grinding.

I've already quit lixing as it's too late in the update to invest so heavily for something that will be yanked away so soon.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

I am a plat buyer and am sick of leveling, have said many times would prefer OTM focus on content over leveling a million times over. If they put the time and effort into adding new content as some have mentioned above before any new high level map is added then there will be no issues with bored players.

What is there to do at level 200+ when the bosses are all dead and the daily xp has been camped? Not much. Farm gold and kill low level bosses giving the lower levels nothing to do and expanding the problem even further.

If I could craft something, farm high level 200 mobs not for xp but to hunt items, fish, explore and do something other than stand motionless in one spot for 60 mins waiting for a boss to pop up we kill in 3 mins or less, then things would be much better. So much more to expand upon other than seeing who is level 203 today it is almost insane it has even taken this long to see some of it come to fruition without killing the game completely.

I can still use plat for so much more if the content is there, I used to play an MMO where we would pay to buy things like bait, gear and lures for fishing and it was insanely popular. Plat would be best served being spent on fashion, mounts, limited time offers and expanding content, not elixirs to help you level. If they are planning on only relying on people to level for income, they are losing out on a tremendous amount of business elsewhere.

I keep hearing the new engine will bring "more", it is just a matter of what kind of more it really is, let's hope it just doesn't involve grinding and camping.
I can assure you, the level cap will not stop at 210. The addition of Gelebron's tower will see more mobs of higher levels than those currently meaning the level cap will inevitable rise; I just can't see an end to it, or at least a reasonable end. Some expanding on what exists would be welcomed but there will also be the addition of higher level places and it will continue for a long time. Once 40ish was the level cap. Now it's 210. Give it three years, we may be looking at 380, maybe more.
What is posted above may or may not be valid.

OTM has a history of this - i remember when 160 was the same as 200 now. But having lost sight of how people will take things my guess is OTM will just raise mob levels to 240 undermining months of lixing and dailys with about 10 hours of grinding.

I've already quit lixing as it's too late in the update to invest so heavily for something that will be yanked away so soon.
I never really tend to lix at all, I've used about 5 in my whole time playing and one super combo lix (only because it was the reward for completing the defector's quest)

Rhiannon - Everyone's favourite Rookie!! The great guardian of HeroesOfDestiny

I remember Richard asking about a cap a while back and there was a discussion but no clear majority preference.

If he asked the same thing now, I'm pretty sure he'd get the answer that the game needs a hard cap, and soon! Maybe the Tower should be the last vertical zone. Then it's time to beef out the game.

I agree. 250 is a nice round number, but maybe not practical. 210 seems OK.

Forum Rules | Avoid Naming and Shaming | The Important Stuff
Want me to read your post? Quote me!